VFD or Spindle problems - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VFD or Spindle problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD or Spindle problems

Quote Originally Posted by tarawa View Post
    so far the collets fit fine. Of course if I don't get this thing running right again it wont matter. SAE sizes are great for me.

I also have two new VFDS and replacement motor on stand by. I tried all the wiring and programming suggestions hear and it still over load faults. My neighbor an electrician says to call power company as my voltages still seem high
    If your voltages were too high then you would have problems with the rest of your equipment.

Mactec54 should be able to help you out, he works with the Chinese stuff all the time.

1000x750 Workbee CNC - Mach4 - PMDX USB - Windows 10 Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

How many poles does a 1,5kw spindle have?

Downloads
    Uploads

I set the parameters as MACTEC54 said to. I rewired it and even made new clamps to ground the shielding/spindle. No dice. errors right away. I swapped out the motor with a new replacement and still faults. As I run the motor the amps go above 7 and VFD faults. I may have to find a local expert if there is such a thing. Replaced VFD with the XSY-AT1 and don’t know where to start.

ericks

This is not rocket science, you should not have so much hassles sorting this

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    This is not rocket science, you should not have so much hassles sorting this
    That’s what I thought June 2018, when I followed the simple programming instructions included with the VFD and it worked perfectly for exactly a year. Now nothing seems to work.

ericks

Without me going through the thread....do you now have a new drive and motor?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes both. I tried the new motor with the old drive thinking my motor was bad but new motor still didn't fix it. Now I am trying the old motor with the new drive (XSY-AT1) but now I have to figure out the parameters. There seems to be little or no info on the new drive. I feel like just purchasing a Hitachi.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes both. I tried the new motor with the old drive thinking my motor was bad but new motor still didn't fix it. Now I am trying the old motor with the new drive (XSY-AT1) but now I have to figure out the parameters. There seems to be little or no info on the new drive. I feel like just purchasing a Hitachi.

This should help you out. mactec54 (the king of VFDs) to the rescue. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...-18200rpm.html. Look at post #7.

Gary

ericks

Never heard of this drive before...i checked but could not find a manual for it

ericks

If your supply voltage is as high as you indicated then you should have it looked at.

ericks

Did this drive come with a manual?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes,
    I will scan a picture when I get home.

ericks

That will be good

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GME View Post

This should help you out. mactec54 (the king of VFDs) to the rescue. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...-18200rpm.html. Look at post #7.

Gary

Just curious, but did you see this post? It's post 48 in this thread. I ask, because you seem to be moving on with things like posting pages of the manual without comment to the settings mactec provided in another thread for the VFD you are trying to set up. I should think you would try the settings and see if things are working for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Gary
    I went to the post and programmed all the parameters that "mactec54" suggested. P004 and P005 could not be set to what he said (220 and 400 respectively) I don't know why so I left them at the default setting. I then went through all of the rest of the parameters that referenced the default output frequency of 50hz and converted them to its 400hz counterpart. Please see P27 thru P33 which are percentages of the maximum frequency. I don't even know if these settings matter when using the potentiometer.
    I then ran thru everything without the motor connected. and the frequency ramped up and down as it is supposed to. Keyboard and potentiometer functions as I believe they are supposed to. I then connected the spindle and it started to rotate and then stops with Error Code 1 (Short Circuit/Power Module Protection/ Current Overload) I again checked my wiring for shorts and there are non from the VFD to the aircraft connector. I figured that the motor is bad so I attached the new spindle that I just ordered. Exactly the same results.
    Can it be the way that I grounded everything. Attached are pictures of the instructions and my set up. I checked continuity between pin 4 on the spindle and the motor body (and also connector body) and there is no connection. Is this correct? I grounded everything including the VFD to the router frame. I made special connector blocks to ground the braided shielding of the spindle cable to the framework and VFD ground. Can this be a problem?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD or Spindle problems-img_7638-jpg   VFD or Spindle problems-img_7639-jpg   VFD or Spindle problems-img_7640-jpg   VFD or Spindle problems-img_7644-jpg  

VFD or Spindle problems-img_7646-jpg   VFD or Spindle problems-img_7647-jpg   VFD or Spindle problems-img_7648-jpg   VFD or Spindle problems-img_7645-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually now I am further ahead with this no name VFD than I have ever been. I wondered why the manufacturer/distrubuter of the Huang that I started with said not to use pin 4 on the spindle Please look at the pictures and see if there is anything obviously wrong? As I said when I first built this a year ago with standard #16 wiring it ran great until a few weeks ago.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also wanted to say that the power company has been called to check my supply power. I figured why take chances with all my electronics.

ericks

Gary
    I went to the post and programmed all the parameters that "mactec54" suggested. P004 and P005 could not be set to what he said (220 and 400 respectively) I don't know why so I left them at the default setting. I then went through all of the rest of the parameters that referenced the default output frequency of 50hz and converted them to its 400hz counterpart. Please see P27 thru P33 which are percentages of the maximum frequency. I don't even know if these settings matter when using the potentiometer.
    I then ran thru everything without the motor connected. and the frequency ramped up and down as it is supposed to. Keyboard and potentiometer functions as I believe they are supposed to. I then connected the spindle and it started to rotate and then stops with Error Code 1 (Short Circuit/Power Module Protection/ Current Overload) I again checked my wiring for shorts and there are non from the VFD to the aircraft connector. I figured that the motor is bad so I attached the new spindle that I just ordered. Exactly the same results.
    Can it be the way that I grounded everything. Attached are pictures of the instructions and my set up. I checked continuity between pin 4 on the spindle and the motor body (and also connector body) and there is no connection. Is this correct? I grounded everything including the VFD to the router frame. I made special connector blocks to ground the braided shielding of the spindle cable to the framework and VFD ground. Can this be a problem?
    Hi, the way you wired at the motor is really bad/dangerous!!
    Also the microphone plug you using....mate i doubt if that plug is rated for anything more than 50V.

I think it best you get a sparky to help you with wiring the spindle, anything mains needs to be done correctly

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Hi, the way you wired at the motor is really bad/dangerous!!
    Also the microphone plug you using....mate i doubt if that plug is rated for anything more than 50V.

I think it best you get a sparky to help you with wiring the spindle, anything mains needs to be done correctly
    Nothing wrong with the plug all these spindles come with these plugs, would I use them no I don't I direct wire them and do away with the plug all together, they are not a microphone plug and hundreds are using them

Mactec54

ericks

I have a box full of them....i had one on the water cooled spindle i gave away. You can trust the Chinese Electrical stuff on these motors, i don't. I only use mains operated equipment eg cable and switchgear and plug etc if i know the current and voltage ratings. Each one to their own.....again lets agree to disagree mate!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast