Newbie Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)

Thread: Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)

Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)

can any one give me some advice please as to what should be earthed and at what end
    i am afraid i may have a earth loop but wiring is not my strong point.
    are parallel ports susceptible to Emi or is it just usb arduino, just about to go mad ?

Similar Threads:

ericks

Default Re: Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)

Maybe good if you can post pic's of your control box layout...many things can cause issues relating to electrical "noise".

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)

ok i will post some pics but most of the wiring is hidden
    en

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by slasher102 View Post
    ok i will post some pics but most of the wiring is hidden
    en
    It's not just the wiring but the layout of the components too

Downloads
    Uploads

Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)

can any one give me some advice please as to what should be earthed and at what end
    i am afraid i may have a earth loop but wiring is not my strong point.
    are parallel ports susceptible to Emi or is it just usb arduino, just about to go mad ?
    One of the most important parts of VFD Drive wiring is the Cable from the VFD to the Spindle and an EMI input Power Filter

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

its shielded cable and earthed and the shiesd is earthed at the control box with all the other

ericks

Like Mac said an input power filter is very important

Downloads
    Uploads

its shielded cable and earthed and the shiesd is earthed at the control box with all the other
    That is part of your problem, you can not add a wire to the shield the shield must be terminated close or near the termination point of the cable, the spindle Cable also needs to have the Shield Earth / Grounded at both ends, in your case you Earth / Ground the shield to the Plug Body using the cable clamp at the top of the plug this is not ideal but unless you change the plug to a EMI rated Plug you have not other choice

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)-grounding-shields-6-jpg   Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)-grounding-shields-7-png   Chines Spindle and VFD setting of my Estops can any one help (EMI i think)-shield-grounding-1-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I will post some pics when i get back of my Holls but Cheers to all