Need Help! HY01D523B VFD not working.

Thread: HY01D523B VFD not working.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HY01D523B VFD not working.

Hi Guys,

Due to life getting in the way of Life, I haven't been around the Zone for a Year or two.

Getting back to the Machine last month revealed an issue with the VFD/Spindle System.

I went to start the Spindle and found that the VFD appears not to be booting up!
    The Power LED is on and the Cooling Fan runs, but there is neither a Display nor Spindle action happening. The VFD doesn't respond to any Button presses.
    As the Display isn't showing, I cannot determine any specific Errors.
    The System was working when I shut the CNC Machine down about 6 Months before.
    The VFD/Spindle is stand-alone and is not connected to Mach3 nor the PC.

I've checked all the Wiring and Connections just in case, and all is sound.
    I've opened the VFD up and removed the Display Board and the next Board in the Stack, (haven't got to removing the Board attached to the Heat-Sink yet), but there is no obvious damage to any of the 3 Boards.

Has this happened to anyone before, and is there a possible solution to the Issue apart from purchasing a new VFD?

Thanks in advance ....

Murray.

Similar Threads:
    Skype me on imagineeringnz
    ----------------------------
    Intuitor: (noun)
    A person with a passion for learning and innovating that is so strong it is often more powerful than the desire to eat, sleep or seek personal wealth.
    Ummm . . . Guilty as charged.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HY01D523B VFD not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineering View Post
    Hi Guys,

Due to life getting in the way of Life, I haven't been around the Zone for a Year or two.

Getting back to the Machine last month revealed an issue with the VFD/Spindle System.

I went to start the Spindle and found that the VFD appears not to be booting up!
    The Power LED is on and the Cooling Fan runs, but there is neither a Display nor Spindle action happening. The VFD doesn't respond to any Button presses.
    As the Display isn't showing, I cannot determine any specific Errors.
    The System was working when I shut the CNC Machine down about 6 Months before.
    The VFD/Spindle is stand-alone and is not connected to Mach3 nor the PC.

I've checked all the Wiring and Connections just in case, and all is sound.
    I've opened the VFD up and removed the Display Board and the next Board in the Stack, (haven't got to removing the Board attached to the Heat-Sink yet), but there is no obvious damage to any of the 3 Boards.

Has this happened to anyone before, and is there a possible solution to the Issue apart from purchasing a new VFD?

Thanks in advance ....

Murray.
    Yes this has happened before, just reseat the display connectors and if that does not solve it you might be up for another VFD, how have you connected the power to the VFD Drive

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply.

The Spindle & VFD have been working for a couple of Years, so I guess that it is wired correctly. 230Volts in at the correct Points, and Spindle output where it should be.
    I have it apart at the moment, and honestly didn't think of just re-seating everything and trying it again. I'll do that when I'm next in the Workshop. I'm at a loss as to why it has died, just from sitting for a few Months ... weird!
    I think that I have some Insulation Displacement Connectors which I can make up new Ribbon Cables if required - good thinking.

Murray.

Skype me on imagineeringnz
    ----------------------------
    Intuitor: (noun)
    A person with a passion for learning and innovating that is so strong it is often more powerful than the desire to eat, sleep or seek personal wealth.
    Ummm . . . Guilty as charged.

Downloads
    Uploads

could be the capacitors need to be reformed with the prolonged sitting. Here is a website describing this. Could search for the particular make of VFD and if there is a post storage routine to bring it back. Otherwise power it up for an hour without driving anything. Search for yourself to be sure.

https://kebblog.com/vfd-storage-and-...tor-reforming/

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineering View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

The Spindle & VFD have been working for a couple of Years, so I guess that it is wired correctly. 230Volts in at the correct Points, and Spindle output where it should be.
    I have it apart at the moment, and honestly didn't think of just re-seating everything and trying it again. I'll do that when I'm next in the Workshop. I'm at a loss as to why it has died, just from sitting for a few Months ... weird!
    I think that I have some Insulation Displacement Connectors which I can make up new Ribbon Cables if required - good thinking.

Murray.
    What I was mean with the wiring was are you plugging it in to the wall or is it permanently hard wired into the service???

Have you wired the VFD input R and T Terminals, In your case Hot/Live to R and Neutral to T Ground / Earth to the Ground / Earth Terminal, yes it can run well wired using any 3 terminals but R and T connections plus Ground are the most reliability for this VFD

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by minitech cnc View Post
    could be the capacitors need to be reformed with the prolonged sitting. Here is a website describing this. Could search for the particular make of VFD and if there is a post storage routine to bring it back. Otherwise power it up for an hour without driving anything. Search for yourself to be sure.

https://kebblog.com/vfd-storage-and-...tor-reforming/
    This is highly unlikely to be the problem with his VFD Drive and this link is more hype than reality, if the Caps where faulty no amount of reforming is going to fix them, although caps do fail you replace them, before you would do any other type of process

He has a KeyPad Problem and is not uncommon with this VFD Drive

Mactec54