High power (>2.2kW) 380V GDZ spindles from China

Thread: High power (>2.2kW) 380V GDZ spindles from China

Default High power (>2.2kW) 380V GDZ spindles from China

This is my first thread here so by the way i would like to say hello.

As for main topic... there are many threads about chinese water cooled 2.2kW spindle but i can't find any information about high power ones. By high power i mean for example 3 kW, 4,5 kW or 5,5 kW, powered from 3-phase 380V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GDZ-...639441778.html

Nobody is using them ? Too expensive ? Bad accuracy ?

I'm making a first steel gantry CNC machine, mostly for aluminium milling and learning. Working field 800 x 600 x ~240mm. Even though the frame is not ready yet, i'm looking for spindle solution. First i thought of HSD but i started thinking - for half the price, even with tax fees, i could get the same or similar power which for home / hobby / learning usage will be more than enough.

Any advice's ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High power (>2.2kW) 380V GDZ spindles from China

Most people do not have 380V available to use them.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Maxikas View Post
    This is my first thread here so by the way i would like to say hello.

As for main topic... there are many threads about chinese water cooled 2.2kW spindle but i can't find any information about high power ones. By high power i mean for example 3 kW, 4,5 kW or 5,5 kW, powered from 3-phase 380V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GDZ-...639441778.html

Nobody is using them ? Too expensive ? Bad accuracy ?

I'm making a first steel gantry CNC machine, mostly for aluminium milling and learning. Working field 800 x 600 x ~240mm. Even though the frame is not ready yet, i'm looking for spindle solution. First i thought of HSD but i started thinking - for half the price, even with tax fees, i could get the same or similar power which for home / hobby / learning usage will be more than enough.

Any advice's ?
    If you have the 380v 3ph supply then they are just the same as 220v/240v 3ph spindles the same applies to VFD Drives although if you have 3ph power supply then your VFD can have the same rating as the Spindle, Parameter Settings are the same just Voltage and Amp Parameters will be different Hz is what ever the Spindle Rating is

If you plan is to machine mostly Aluminum then you want to get/use 4 Pole spindle motor

Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Most people do not have 380V available to use them.
    Yes, that could be one of disadvantage but in my case, there's no such problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If you plan is to machine mostly Aluminum then you want to get/use 4 Pole spindle motor
    Good advice, i forgot about that. But... isn't that rule true for steel milling, etc. ? With 4 poles and lower RPM i get more torque than with 2 poles. From what i know, aluminium likes high RPMs (next question how high is "high") and with high spindle RPM i get most of it's power.
    Disadvantage - for 4 poles, VFD should have more Hz. Harder to get these from second hand and/or they are slightly more expensive.

I don't plan to mill steel as the frame profiles are only 5-6mm thick and for long term - it would be nice but i'm afraid that milling steel would ruin all geometry. This frame would be just too weak for that.
    If for some reasons i would have to mill steel, i probably will go with some 3 phase AC motor with bt40 spindle connected together. High torque and low RPM's.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Maxikas View Post
    Yes, that could be one of disadvantage but in my case, there's no such problem.

Good advice, i forgot about that. But... isn't that rule true for steel milling, etc. ? With 4 poles and lower RPM i get more torque than with 2 poles. From what i know, aluminium likes high RPMs (next question how high is "high") and with high spindle RPM i get most of it's power.
    Disadvantage - for 4 poles, VFD should have more Hz. Harder to get these from second hand and/or they are slightly more expensive.

I don't plan to mill steel as the frame profiles are only 5-6mm thick and for long term - it would be nice but i'm afraid that milling steel would ruin all geometry. This frame would be just too weak for that.
    If for some reasons i would have to mill steel, i probably will go with some 3 phase AC motor with bt40 spindle connected together. High torque and low RPM's.
    There is no disadvantage with 4 Pole they have them that run at the same speed 24,000 you just need the VFD Drive to have 800Hz or 1000Hz

You should never buy a used VFD Drive there are many that go up to what ever your really need for your spindle

4 Pole is better, if you buy the right spindle, you did say you would be milling mostly aluminum, not many home built router type machines are going to be milling steel successfully

Mactec54