6 axis control board smoked out a transistor , would need help to understand the prob - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 axis control board smoked out a transistor , would need help to understand the prob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6 axis control board smoked out a transistor , would need help to understand the

humm , i just started it with the params entered with F2.07= 25% and it error coded Fu.13 Motor Overload . it didnt accelerate more than a fraction of second and auto stopped

EDIT:

okay i checked the F2.07 param into the manual and it is Motor Overload Protective Coefficient and the Default setting is 110% , not 25% i thought it was telling it the spindle motor Amps

i found out something in the manual about the slight oscillation in the rpm sound, now i am wondering what is Carrier Frequency .... manual says the range is from 1.5kHertz to 10kHertzit is now set to 8kHertz , default value how can i calculate this? might be just for radio frequency noise other things could react to ?

Last edited by Letomoto; 04-20-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6 axis control board smoked out a transistor , would need help to understand the

i went from 8khertz to 5k or to 10khertz and keeps the oscillating rev rpm

went back to the F2.07 default 110 value and it runs with no error code

i didnt found yet if there is a param telling the amps rating of the spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

took a video of the wobbling pitch of the spindle at 10krpm

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Letomoto View Post
    took a video of the wobbling pitch of the spindle at 10krpm

I'm sure that if they sold you a 220/240v VFD the spindle will be the same so the spindle voltage would be 220v

It also can't be 4 Amps you need to get all the spec's correct

The VFD Drive what is on it's spec" plate

The VFD can not change the Voltage unless it has a voltage step up built into the drive and it will tell you if the output is 380v so it will look like this in the spec's 220v Input 380v output I doubt that you have this

You need to check with the seller that your spindle is 220v /240v

You really should not be running it with the noise it is making, that sounds like you have parameters set incorrect or you have the wrong voltage spindle

F0.08 can be in the range of 6 to 8 10 max there are normal for these spindles

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

i went from 8khertz to 5k or to 10khertz and keeps the oscillating rev rpm

went back to the F2.07 default 110 value and it runs with no error code

i didnt found yet if there is a param telling the amps rating of the spindle
    F2.07 is where you have to set the Amps you can't use 110% for this you have to calculate the VFD drive rated output Amps to what your spindle rated amps I think you posted 16A for the drive and your spindle 4A which it can not be 4A for a 220v spindle 2.5Kw

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 axis control board smoked out a transistor , would need help to understand the prob-f2-07-current-setting-jpg  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have these Parameters all set as below

F0.01=800

F0.04=800

F0.12=800

F1.04=800

F2.19=2

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

well , i just rechecked the sound of the spindle going back to potentiometer of the VFD control and the sound and rpm is perfectly straight and crisp , not damaged expensive spindle !!!!

now i switched the BoB spindle rpm pin from PWM to 0-10V and now it stays quiet and straight..... tried so many ways of controlling the spindle and can't trace every settings and connections ways to know exactly what ive done well now ..... but its very smooth now and crazy low noise , it is amazing !!

i can understand that 380V 4A would be another amperage at 220V but i told the seller from Jianken factory that i only had single phase 220V and to know if it would work and he said yes no problem

checked the amperage for the 380V who is 3 phase and it says close to 4A

then changing to single phase 220V would pull about 12A on the input . Now the VFD is sending power on 3 wires for the spindle.... is it sending 2 phase or sending 3phase ? i am not knowing everything on VFDs yet

Downloads
    Uploads

well , i just rechecked the sound of the spindle going back to potentiometer of the VFD control and the sound and rpm is perfectly straight and crisp , not damaged expensive spindle !!!!

now i switched the BoB spindle rpm pin from PWM to 0-10V and now it stays quiet and straight..... tried so many ways of controlling the spindle and can't trace every settings and connections ways to know exactly what ive done well now ..... but its very smooth now and crazy low noise , it is amazing !!

i can understand that 380V 4A would be another amperage at 220V but i told the seller from Jianken factory that i only had single phase 220V and to know if it would work and he said yes no problem

checked the amperage for the 380V who is 3 phase and it says close to 4A

then changing to single phase 220V would pull about 12A on the input . Now the VFD is sending power on 3 wires for the spindle.... is it sending 2 phase or sending 3phase ? i am not knowing everything on VFDs yet

The input for the VFD drive will be double the output so if it is rated for 220/240v at16A then it will draw up to 32A so your breaker would need to be sized to suit this

Posting conversion charts don't help you at all you need to know what you spindle spec's are

You can't run this spindle on 220/240v if it is 380v you have to find out what you have, they do make a 2.5KW 220v just like what you have

These spindles will have the spec's laser engraved on the spindle. have a look at that I have asked this many times, I can't keep guessing what you have trying to run it on 240v will not be good if it is wired for 380v

And yes 380v would be 4 amps but 220v 2.5Kw won't be

You are also not running the spindle on single phase your spindle is 3ph so any calculation's for the spindle need to be for 3ph

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Well ,the laser etched infos who were hidden by the clamp is telling something else than the user manual... I kinda forgot the info was on the clamping surface ...

220V 6.6A 800hrtz

6 axis control board smoked out a transistor , would need help to understand the prob-20190421_171755-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6 axis control board smoked out a transistor , would need help to understand the prob-20190421_171755-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Well ,the laser etched infos who were hidden by the clamp is telling something else than the user manual... I kinda forgot the info was on the clamping surface ...

220V 6.6A 800hrtz

6 axis control board smoked out a transistor , would need help to understand the prob-20190421_171755-jpg
    So now you have the right Parameters set as you can see you don't have a 380v spindle it will all so be more than 6.6A 2.2Kw spindles are 8A to 10A

I would not use it under a 8A settings so F2.07 need to be set correct

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys , just wanting to give news and now everything works fine with the BoB

- Just be sure to not connect VFD 10V output to the 0-10V output pin of the Spindle RPM control and sending PWM output to the VFD... my error

- Also i had the 12V output of the BoB feeding solenoid pneumatic valves 12V and control the ground and it got the heatsink of the onboard voltage regulator very warm so i dispatched the valves thru the onboard relays .

- The erratic/oscillating sound coming from the spindle was the VFD being controlled by the PWM output pin of the BoB . Also wasn't able to read the RPM target with my tach on the spindle . Was about 10-15% slower than the value asked thru Mach3. Played with lots of parameters during my troubleshooting and i switched the PWM output pin to the 0-10V and now it works like a charm and very much silent and stable. I used the 0-10V pin during my tests but didnt worked fine but probably touched some settings and params during my troubleshooting and when i brought it back to 0-10V pin it works well .

Thanks for the replies , hints and knowledge shared , i learned more stuff !

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys , just wanting to give news and now everything works fine with the BoB

- Just be sure to not connect VFD 10V output to the 0-10V output pin of the Spindle RPM control and sending PWM output to the VFD... my error

- Also i had the 12V output of the BoB feeding solenoid pneumatic valves 12V and control the ground and it got the heatsink of the onboard voltage regulator very warm so i dispatched the valves thru the onboard relays .

- The erratic/oscillating sound coming from the spindle was the VFD being controlled by the PWM output pin of the BoB . Also wasn't able to read the RPM target with my tach on the spindle . Was about 10-15% slower than the value asked thru Mach3. Played with lots of parameters during my troubleshooting and i switched the PWM output pin to the 0-10V and now it works like a charm and very much silent and stable. I used the 0-10V pin during my tests but didnt worked fine but probably touched some settings and params during my troubleshooting and when i brought it back to 0-10V pin it works well .

Thanks for the replies , hints and knowledge shared , i learned more stuff !
    Yes you never use voltage output from the VFD Drive unless it is called for, this can really mess things up, most PWM controls are ready to go just a 2 wire connection to the VFD Drive

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12