Vfd/spindle speed help. - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vfd/spindle speed help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vfd/spindle speed help.

For example at 3000 it says 3900 rpm, at 14000 it says 7200 but the two are identical sounding.

ericks

Leave P212 at 14000. How are you adjusting your motor speed?? Do you have a speed pot on the drive?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    You don't understand me...changing P212 does nothing to the actual speed of the motor
    But changing the speed dial should after these settings change right?
    Leave P212 at 14000. How are you adjusting your motor speed?? Do you have a speed pot on the drive?
    yep that is how I am changing motor speed after I hit run.

ericks

Changing the speed dial will not change P212....It will change P001...set freq, P002....output freq, P004....motor speed and while changing the speed dial/pot you should hear the change in motor speed

Downloads
    Uploads

Changing the speed dial will not change P212....It will change P001...set freq, P002....output freq, P004....motor speed and while changing the speed dial/pot you should hear the change in motor speed
    Yep ok I think I got that, problem is I'm not hearing any difference it max rpm regardless of what settings I have. If i change p212 to 2000 it sounds the same as if it was at 14000. Should I not hear some difference in rpm once I hit run. Does changing p212 not affect max rpm and if not what does it change by altering these settings? I do hear audible change from min to max but what I'm not hearing is any change at min or max after a setting change, and run it.

ericks

To check if everything we did is working...
    1) Turn speed pot to min.
    2) Start....
    3) P002 should read 120.....P004 should read less than 24000rpm
    4) Turn speed pot to max....P002 should read 400 and P004 should read 24000rpm

Downloads
    Uploads

To check if everything we did is working...
    1) Turn speed pot to min.
    2) Start....
    3) P002 should read 120.....P004 should read less than 24000rpm
    4) Turn speed pot to max....P002 should read 400 and P004 should read 24000rpm
    Yep all good here.

ericks

No P212 does not change anything accept the value that the display shows for motor speed. The drive uses this value to calculate the value that it shows as motor speed. With P212 now left at 14000 do what i said before and you should hear the motor speed up when you turn the pot and your values should change

ericks

okay...what is the value of P004 when the motor is running and the speed is turned to minimum?

Downloads
    Uploads

No P212 does not change anything accept the value that the display shows for motor speed. The drive uses this value to calculate the value that it shows as motor speed. With P212 now left at 14000 do what i said before and you should hear the motor speed up when you turn the pot and your values should change
    Yep this happens, but what I am saying is at the reading of 13000 and 24000 there is no difference in sound. Surely the motor should sound different at the different speeds or am I missing something?

ericks

Again P212 is not a setting that does anything to the speed of the motor. Its a value you give the drive so it can know what speed to display as motor speed. Don't worry about this parameter As long as its set and the drive shows the correct motor speed youre fine

ericks

okay...what is the value of P004 when the motor is running and the speed is turned to minimum?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast