Vfd/spindle speed help. - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vfd/spindle speed help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vfd/spindle speed help.

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Changing the speed dial will not change P212....It will change P001...set freq, P002....output freq, P004....motor speed and while changing the speed dial/pot you should hear the change in motor speed
    Yep ok I think I got that, problem is I'm not hearing any difference it max rpm regardless of what settings I have. If i change p212 to 2000 it sounds the same as if it was at 14000. Should I not hear some difference in rpm once I hit run. Does changing p212 not affect max rpm and if not what does it change by altering these settings? I do hear audible change from min to max but what I'm not hearing is any change at min or max after a setting change, and run it.

ericks

To check if everything we did is working...
    1) Turn speed pot to min.
    2) Start....
    3) P002 should read 120.....P004 should read less than 24000rpm
    4) Turn speed pot to max....P002 should read 400 and P004 should read 24000rpm

Downloads
    Uploads

To check if everything we did is working...
    1) Turn speed pot to min.
    2) Start....
    3) P002 should read 120.....P004 should read less than 24000rpm
    4) Turn speed pot to max....P002 should read 400 and P004 should read 24000rpm
    Yep all good here.

ericks

No P212 does not change anything accept the value that the display shows for motor speed. The drive uses this value to calculate the value that it shows as motor speed. With P212 now left at 14000 do what i said before and you should hear the motor speed up when you turn the pot and your values should change

ericks

okay...what is the value of P004 when the motor is running and the speed is turned to minimum?

Downloads
    Uploads

No P212 does not change anything accept the value that the display shows for motor speed. The drive uses this value to calculate the value that it shows as motor speed. With P212 now left at 14000 do what i said before and you should hear the motor speed up when you turn the pot and your values should change
    Yep this happens, but what I am saying is at the reading of 13000 and 24000 there is no difference in sound. Surely the motor should sound different at the different speeds or am I missing something?

ericks

Again P212 is not a setting that does anything to the speed of the motor. Its a value you give the drive so it can know what speed to display as motor speed. Don't worry about this parameter As long as its set and the drive shows the correct motor speed youre fine

ericks

okay...what is the value of P004 when the motor is running and the speed is turned to minimum?

Downloads
    Uploads

Again P212 is not a setting that does anything to the speed of the motor. Its a value you give the drive so it can know what speed to display as motor speed. Don't worry about this parameter As long as its set and the drive shows the correct motor speed youre fine
    But is it actually showing what the speed of the motor is or just displaying the result of the set paramaters?

ericks

We expect 7200 at 120Hz....that is great....when you turn the speed pot up fully now it should show 24000rpm.....and you should hear the motor speed up. Is that happening?

Downloads
    Uploads

We expect 7200 at 120Hz....that is great....when you turn the speed pot up fully now it should show 24000rpm.....and you should hear the motor speed up. Is that happening?
    Check, sure is

ericks

Well its all good then
    If you want to check your motor actual current while is running go to P003....this is handy to see how loaded your motor is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok let me put it this way, Your car is running at 2000rpm you hit the throttle to get 4000rpm, you here the difference, again to 7000 rpm, motor sounds completely different.
    Now the spindle, running at 7200rpm, turn the dial a little to say 12000rpm, you hear the difference, now to 24000rpm, you hear the difference.
    What i am saying is at say 3900rpm it sounds the same as 7200rpm and at 13000rpm it sounds exactly the same as 24000rpm. Surely there should be a notable difference between 13000rpm and 24000rpm, I am just not hearing that difference.

ericks

Okay....so just now when you turned the pot and it showed 7200 rpm going to 24000 rpm did you hear the motor speed up??

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay....so just now when you turned the pot and it showed 7200 rpm going to 24000 rpm did you hear the motor speed up??
    yes the speed and sound are different between 7200 and 24000, but the sound is identical if it is at 3900 to 13000rpm. My problem is why am I hearing no difference between the sound of something spinning at 13000rpm as opposed to something spinning at 24000rpm?

ericks

What are P107 and P108 set at?

Downloads
    Uploads

What are P107 and P108 set at?
    both at 10

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by BLarks View Post
    yes the speed and sound are different between 7200 and 24000, but the sound is identical if it is at 3900 to 13000rpm. My problem is why am I hearing no difference between the sound of something spinning at 13000rpm as opposed to something spinning at 24000rpm?
    Where are you seeing the value of 3900? you should not now see this value cause the speed limit is set between 7200 and 24000

ericks

You can make them both 5 seconds.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Where are you seeing the value of 3900? you should not now see this value cause the speed limit is set between 7200 and 24000
    I realise this but I am saying when I change the settings I am getting no audible difference between said rpm's my problem is that I believe I should be hearing a difference in sound of the motor at different rpm's, I can clearly hear a difference in sound at different speeds between min and max of the speed dial, what I am not hearing is any difference in sound of the motor whether it is at max 13000rpm or 24000rpm, at min 3900rpm and max 13000rpm.

For now forget the numbers because its not making any difference. The sound at min speed and max speed are exactly the same regardless of what the vfd is showing me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast