Yaskawa G3 Makes Clicking Noise and Won't Start

Thread: Yaskawa G3 Makes Clicking Noise and Won't Start

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yaskawa G3 Makes Clicking Noise and Won't Start

Hey Everybody,

I'm having some trouble with my Yaskawa G3 (CIMR-G3U27P5) spindle drive. I'll fire up my machine (a 1996 Tree Journeyman 425 with Dynapath Delta 50 control) and the spindle drive will make a clicking noise like there's a contactor or something down in the bottom of the drive that's trying to latch but can't quite close. Sometimes drive will start to power up, other times I get nothing whatsoever. Anybody have experience with anything like this? Barring some amazing solution, I'm thinking about pulling the drive out and sending off to get repaired. I'm in Dallas, TX and was wondering if any of you could recommend somebody to do the repairs?

Another thing I've been considering was pulling the drive (Yaskawa CIMR-VU2A0040FAA) out of another machine and swapping it over. One of the problems is that wiring to this drive is different (its on a Tree Millenium 4200 with an Anilam 1400 control) and I can't quite figure it out.

Anyway, please see attached videos to get a better idea of what's going on.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yaskawa G3 Makes Clicking Noise and Won't Start

Quote Originally Posted by rallyx99 View Post
    Hey Everybody,

I'm having some trouble with my Yaskawa G3 (CIMR-G3U27P5) spindle drive. I'll fire up my machine (a 1996 Tree Journeyman 425 with Dynapath Delta 50 control) and the spindle drive will make a clicking noise like there's a contactor or something down in the bottom of the drive that's trying to latch but can't quite close. Sometimes drive will start to power up, other times I get nothing whatsoever. Anybody have experience with anything like this? Barring some amazing solution, I'm thinking about pulling the drive out and sending off to get repaired. I'm in Dallas, TX and was wondering if any of you could recommend somebody to do the repairs?

Another thing I've been considering was pulling the drive (Yaskawa CIMR-VU2A0040FAA) out of another machine and swapping it over. One of the problems is that wiring to this drive is different (its on a Tree Millenium 4200 with an Anilam 1400 control) and I can't quite figure it out.

Anyway, please see attached videos to get a better idea of what's going on.

What are you powering the 3Ph power with, or are you using single phase supply

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rallyx99 View Post
    Hey Everybody,

Another thing I've been considering was pulling the drive (Yaskawa CIMR-VU2A0040FAA) out of another machine and swapping it over. One of the problems is that wiring to this drive is different (its on a Tree Millenium 4200 with an Anilam 1400 control) and I can't quite figure it out
    The VFD Drive fault CPFD1 is a commination problem the F250 is a fault also but don't have that in the manual, which could be a Ground fault or an open phase

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yaskawa G3 Makes Clicking Noise and Won't Start-cpdf1-fault-yaskawa-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What are you powering the 3Ph power with, or are you using single phase supply
    I have the machine hooked up to a standard 208Y power supply. L-L voltage runs 213v in my shop which should be well within the safety margin. I’ll check the main AC terminal blocks again, but the wires connecting the drive to the power supply should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The VFD Drive fault CPFD1 is a commination problem the F250 is a fault also but don't have that in the manual, which could be a Ground fault or an open phase
    Thank you, I’ll try to find out what that “F250” means. This is frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk