Taiwan Parfaite ISO20/ER16 tool holders Vs cheaper ebay holders

Thread: Taiwan Parfaite ISO20/ER16 tool holders Vs cheaper ebay holders

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Taiwan Parfaite ISO20/ER16 tool holders Vs cheaper ebay holders

Hi,

I'm looking into buying a Jianken ATC spindle and they offer Taiwan Parfaite ISO20/ER16 tool holders as an option. Being Taiwanese I have confidence in the quality of the holders. The issue is in comparing the price of the Parfaite holders (US$108) to identical looking holders on ebay and aliexpress (as low as US$20). I think it would be fair to assume there is some difference in runout, balance as well as other things. Perhaps the cheaper ones are ok for roughing and the expensive ones best for finishing. Anyone had any experience with these?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Taiwan Parfaite ISO20/ER16 tool holders Vs cheaper ebay holders

Hi,

any insights into this since you opened the thread?

I am facing almost the same decision.

Best, Stefan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Stefan,

The only observation I've made is that the more expensive holders are typically balanced to a higher standard which should reduce the likelihood of poor surface finish where all other factors are equal. A better balanced tool holder will also prolong the service life of the spindle bearings. Although the Chinese balance specifications look reasonable, we must keep in mind that often specifications on Chinese products are inferior in reality compared to what is stated in the sales data.I ended up spending the dollars as this machine is being built with intentions of commercial use, so I don't wan't to be cheap and have it come back to bite me.

Splint

Downloads
    Uploads

Ressurecting old thread here for relevant experience. I bought a few of the ISO20-ER16 and ER20 adapters. My spindle goes 8k-30k, so I opted for the more expensive tool holders for the real high-speed tools but bought some of the cheaper one for slower RPM cutters. The Parfaite ones are obviously better balanced, but, it only becomes noticeable at all when you are above 22kRPM. If you have some cutters that are routinely going to run at <20k like I do, then get some of the cheaper ones for those cutters, but for your real high speed tools I'd recommend the better ones.