Need Help! Spindle Upgrade for 6040CNC

Thread: Spindle Upgrade for 6040CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Spindle Upgrade for 6040CNC

I'm looking to upgrade my CNC router with a spindle capable of doing threading/tapping operations. Can anyone recommended spindle motor / driver combo that would work with my PoKEYS57CNC board and MACH4? I'm looking at the PushCorp SM1503 or SM0605 spindle servos but I'm not really sure what I would use to drive them and how to set that up with the controller. Any advise in this matter would be very helpful. Thanx.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Upgrade for 6040CNC

I don't know if those will work for rigid tapping. Looking at the manuals, they don't have encoders, only hall sensors and I don't know if those have enough resolution for rigid tapping. Generally they're only used for commutation, not for position sensing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Upgrade for 6040CNC

Quote Originally Posted by RBeaubien View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my CNC router with a spindle capable of doing threading/tapping operations. Can anyone recommended spindle motor / driver combo that would work with my PoKEYS57CNC board and MACH4? I'm looking at the PushCorp SM1503 or SM0605 spindle servos but I'm not really sure what I would use to drive them and how to set that up with the controller. Any advise in this matter would be very helpful. Thanx.
    They look like a nice spindle, Just how they are mounted would be a no for a CNC Router, with a router you don't need a servo type motor spindle to do threading, any spindle motor can do thread milling without any feed back to the control which can be faster then rigid tapping if you build a rigid enough machine

Mactec54