Need Help! Chinese Changzhuo Hua Jiang Electric Co spindles

Thread: Chinese Changzhuo Hua Jiang Electric Co spindles

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese Changzhuo Hua Jiang Electric Co spindles

I am looking to get a "back-up" spindle for my 5x8 table that is used primarily for cutting cabinets and high end furniture parts. I currently have a HSD 4kw ER25 which I will get rebuilt once I get my "back up" spindle plugged in and running. I will eventually move the "back up" spindle to its own table once my rebuilt HSD is back in the shop.

SO, has anyone bought a spindle from the air cooled 4kw ER25 omnipresent Changshuo Hua Jiang Electric Co. spindles that are all over Ebay, Alibaba and Aliexpress. The spindle and VFD combo is about $650 all-in (shipped from China).

I know these are not high-end spindles and my goal is more to have a back-up spindle so just need a "good enough" spindle that can stand-in when needed.

Cheers,
    Colby

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese Changzhuo Hua Jiang Electric Co spindles

Chinese air cooled spindles are usually only good for full torque down to about half speed, lower than that and you have to limit the current or risk overheating. If most/all of your cutting is above 12k you're probably fine. Also keep in mind that Chinese spindles have peak torque near their top speed. Whereas most 'good' spindles have peak torque only up to the rated speed (around half max speed usually,) and then are constant(ish) power from there to max speed. That means twice as much torque as the chinese spindles at/below 12k.