Downloads
    Uploads

Default Novusun NVUM controller + Spindle help

Setup:

Windows xp
    mach3
    Novusun NVUM v2 controller
    Knock off askpower VFD (i think)

This is my 1st major cnc build, and i am at the final hurdle - controlling the spindle via mach3 and a vfd. The novusun control board (which has caused endless confusion) is a usb parallel port emulator. Where I am currently, is the vfd reads frequency when the Spindle cw control is pressed on mach3, however, the spindle won't come to life regardless of which pin outs i put it on. The spindle works fine with the VFD in manual mode which rules out some problems, I am just very confused about the relationship between mach3 and the novusun NVUM and how this controls the spindle. Anyone got any experience with this kind of setup?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Novusun NVUM controller + Spindle help

There's typically an enable line, a speed (analog, 0-10V and/or 4-20 mA,) and a CW/CCW line.
    Does the NVUM have an analog out for the spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by charlierj View Post
    Setup:

Windows xp
    mach3

This is my 1st major cnc build, and i am at the final hurdle - controlling the spindle via mach3 and a vfd. The novusun control board (which has caused endless confusion) is a usb parallel port emulator. Where I am currently, is the vfd reads frequency when the Spindle cw control is pressed on mach3, however, the spindle won't come to life regardless of which pin outs i put it on. The spindle works fine with the VFD in manual mode which rules out some problems, I am just very confused about the relationship between mach3 and the novusun NVUM and how this controls the spindle. Anyone got any experience with this kind of setup?
    Hi Charlie I have the same setup as you but I haven't been able to even get the right driver loaded for anything to move. In the NVUM manual it says to load "NVUM-Novusun-Plugin-Ver-2.0A" upon opening Mach 3, well I can't find that exact driver and Bulkman are not quick in replying. Help!!!!!!!! Rick

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by charlierj View Post
    Setup:

Windows xp
    mach3

So I looked up your NVUM and it has a 0-10v analog output so that will be fine for you speed control, I don't see a Rely so you will have to get one solidstate that can switch the NVUM output voltage

ON / Off depending on the VFD Drive you have you most likely needs a relay that is turned ON / Off by an output from you NVUM if you have a Rely in the NVUM you can use that the Connection on the VFD is FOR and DCM

M3S12000 should give you 5v output or 2.5v output from the PWM output of the NVUM

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    There's typically an enable line, a speed (analog, 0-10V and/or 4-20 mA,) and a CW/CCW line.
    Does the NVUM have an analog out for the spindle?
    How do you enable these? Thanks