VFD single phase input three phase output - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VFD single phase input three phase output

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD single phase input three phase output

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    The 3 phase motor / VFD combination should give more than adequate accuracy for an unwinder. But if you are using servos for the rest of the system, using a servo motor for the unwinder just makes sense for control consistency throughout the system. The cost difference would be minimal if any.

All of the industrial class controllers have a software interface, many can be programmed with a .net type interface. I know that Rexroth and Allen Bradley require their own, very expensive, development software, the Galil controller can be programmed in NotePad or any text editor. I don't know what is available in the hobby class controllers.
    I appreciate your reply Jim, Thanks.
    I am getting a usd DMC-1880 for the same price of a new Kflop so what should I go in for?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBacklash View Post
    I appreciate your reply Jim, Thanks.
    I am getting a usd DMC-1880 for the same price of a new Kflop so what should I go in for?

Good question! And a hard one to answer.

The DMC-1880 is the prior generation, top-of-the-line controller. I have about 50 of the 18x0 series cards running in the field with no problems. But..... You need cables and breakout boards for the card so that can add another $300-$500 to the overall cost depending on what is available on the used market. It is possible that the DMC-1880 comes with cables and breakouts, I have seen them sold that way on Ebay. Good documentation is available for download from the Galil website, and they have a user forum on the website also. Programming is simple using any text editor or the free Galil software, and Galil has a very good, free, API for use with Microsoft .net platform that works with Win7 - 10, they also have an API for the WinXP platform programmable with C++ or VB6.

I haven't used the Dynomotion products, but I know they are well regarded and have overall performance that is close to the Galil products. As I understand they are field programmable to customize their functions. Tom Kerekes would be the person to answer your questions about their products.

Bottom line is I can't really give you a definitive answer. I would lean towards the Galil, but only because there would be no learning curve for me, and I already have software modules written that I can drop into any control program and user interface as needed.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBacklash View Post
    I would like to understand if a sensorless vector drive + ac motor won't give sufficient accuracy for a tension unwinder / winder application?
    BTW, Mitsubishi have closed loop capable A700 VFD's that have the encoder option included and have a ±5vdc or ±10vdc analogue control option in place of the FWD/REV inputs.
    Would provide accurate RPM down to 0 rpm. your controller would however need some kind of feedback.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123