Need Help! 800W Spindle with 2.2kw VFD - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 800W Spindle with 2.2kw VFD

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 800W Spindle with 2.2kw VFD

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    That would suck. I take a lot of comfort from the ability to set my VFD not to output more than my spindle can handle.

still, a 2.2kw VFD is not that much of a jump for an 800watt spindle. I'd be amazed (in a bad way) if it couldn't be set up with the appropriate limits for the spindle. My 7.5kw VFD can be set all the way down to .1a.
    You could use your 7.5Kw VFD to drive the 800w Spindle / Motor if you wanted to, and it would be completely safe

Your VFD Drive amp minimum is only dependent on what model it is, by the spec's for the Huanyang GT they start at .8a all the way up to 6000a not .1a

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 800W Spindle with 2.2kw VFD

Quote Originally Posted by Goemon View Post
    That would suck. I take a lot of comfort from the ability to set my VFD not to output more than my spindle can handle.

still, a 2.2kw VFD is not that much of a jump for an 800watt spindle. I'd be amazed (in a bad way) if it couldn't be set up with the appropriate limits for the spindle. My 7.5kw VFD can be set all the way down to .1a.

This would only be a problem when the VFD is rated much higher than the motor. For instance, I have a 1/2 hp grinder and I grabbed a 2 HP VFD off the shelf to power it up because that's what I had. I don't remember the exact numbers but as I recall, the minimum current setting was about 30% higher than the motor rating.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12