safe accel, decel, and minimum rpm values for huanyang vfd?

Thread: safe accel, decel, and minimum rpm values for huanyang vfd?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default safe accel, decel, and minimum rpm values for huanyang vfd?

so i succesfully got mach3 controlling my vfd with the rs485, Woohoo! thanks everyone for the help. when i start a program, the distance from home to where my work usually is gives enough time for it to spool to about 10k rpm before starting to cut, but any higher and it would start cutting before rpm is reached. pretty sure theres somewhere i can set a delay so mach3 gives it a bit more time to spool up, but i would rather it just spool up faster. default is 12, but im reading some guys are going as low as 2. What is considered safe? Also ive left my minimum rpm at 7200. is it safe to drop it down to 6k?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: safe accel, decel, and minimum rpm values for huanyang vfd?

I've been running mine set to 2 or 3, without any issues. I don't know what's considered "safe".

In Mach3, ports and pins, are the spindle delay settings.

I think the general consensus, and what sellers recommend, is 6,000 for water cooled, and 8,000 for air cooled. There are plenty of people that run them much slower. (And plenty of people that burn up their spindles almost immediately).

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I've been running mine set to 2 or 3, without any issues. I don't know what's considered "safe".

In Mach3, ports and pins, are the spindle delay settings.

I think the general consensus, and what sellers recommend, is 6,000 for water cooled, and 8,000 for air cooled. There are plenty of people that run them much slower. (And plenty of people that burn up their spindles almost immediately).
    Ok, I think 6 seconds will be plenty fast enough so I'll put it there to be safe. No need to go faster.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a braking resistor to stop faster, then found out that my Huanyang does not have the braking circuittry installed. But from what I've read, setting the decel too low will just result in the spindle not stopping as fast as the setting.

With a decel of around 3, my spindle will stop in 3 seconds from about 10,000rpm or lower. The higher the RPM, the longer it takes to stop.

I put the largest router bit I have in the spindle, with a diameter of about 2-3/4", and it still accelerates just as fast. I set the display to read amps, and it was no higher with the large bit than it was with no bit in the spindle.
    It seems to have plenty of power to accelerate, as fast as you want.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnSjoblom View Post
    Ok, I think 6 seconds will be plenty fast enough so I'll put it there to be safe. No need to go faster.
    If all Parameter are set correct the 6,000 RPM is safe, even at 6,000 RPM though it does not have much useful, torque for cutting, at 7,200 RPM it is better for cutting

For Accel and Decel, you can adjust quite low, if you go to low the VFD drive will fault out, and you will get an alarm code, this is also speed related, so test it at max RPM for stopping and starting

To adjust the start cut time, Mach3 Ports & Pins under Spindle Setup you can change the time here before the machine moves

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails safe accel, decel, and minimum rpm values for huanyang vfd?-ramp-time-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, thanks guys. I'll play with it tonight some more. If I remember correctly, I thought I remembered seeing a default of 3 second delay for spindle start in mach3 which was plenty long enough with a 6 second acceleration on spindle but I could probably increase spindle accel to 3 seconds and drop the delay to 0 to save a few more seconds. It takes 4 or 5 seconds for my spindle to travel from home to part and drop down in z so that should work fine.

Sure is sweet having it setup proper now. My vfd is in an awkward place so not having to crouch down and press buttons before and after every run is pretty nice. Today my air solenoid for mist coolant shows up so that will be another huge convenience.