Need Help! Spindle starts when I exit Mach 4

Thread: Spindle starts when I exit Mach 4

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle starts when I exit Mach 4

Any help would be appreciated here.

I'm running an ESS Smoothstepper and a C11GS BOB with Mach 4 and Windows 10.

I just hooked up a Huanyang VFD to my C11GS BOB. I have it working and controllable (for lack of a better word).

Anyhow the problem that I am having is that when I start my system the relays go active until Mach 4 is running. This causes the spindle to run. This also happens upon exiting Mach 4, the relays go high again and the spindle runs

I'm convinced that the issue is in the C11GS BOB since no software is running upon start up when the relays get activated.

Any ideas other than changing the order that I turn things on and off would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Doug

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by cdhaerle; 06-17-2018 at 04:29 PM. Reason: clarification of issue at hand

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle starts when I exit Mach 4

Have you tried shutting down the router and VFD before exiting Mach4?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Have you tried shutting down the router and VFD before exiting Mach4?
    No, but I'm sure that your suggestion would work since there would be no power to them.

I am hoping that there is another solution that would cause the relays to not activate on exiting.

Last edited by cdhaerle; 06-17-2018 at 04:30 PM.

I destroyed my touch probe wire after this happened to me. It's a pretty unacceptable offense in my opinion. I leave my VFD on because it's wire directly into 220 via my breaker box. I gave up on Mach 4 and now run Mach 3 and UCCNC now. I was on ESS and Windows 7 but a different BOB. It also happened once with Mach 4 idle. I've never had this issue with Mach 3 or UCCNC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like the logic of the relays is backwards. Are there NO and NC terminals on the relays you're using? Try using the other one (and you'll need to reverse the logic in Mach as well.)