Need Help! Break out board - VFD - Mach 3 wiring

Thread: Break out board - VFD - Mach 3 wiring

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Break out board - VFD - Mach 3 wiring

Hi,
    Feel a bit silly having to ask .... i'm sure it's been answered before if not here then in some other dark corner of the interwebs but just cant find the exact combination answer to suit.
    Most of the posts i have read through look like 50 shades of break out boards in term of types...

I have by home build CNC up and running for a few months now. Cutting some nice wood projects but have just have the basics (x,y,z drives and limits) wired to the BOB. Been controlling the spindle manually (Huanyang inverter type) Now i feel it's time for some improvements and to add in touch probe and to control spindle the spindle via BOB and mach 3.

Only thing is i cant figure out the wiring and afraid to blow stuff up now at this stage that my machine is up and running well.
    I have attached a pic of the same BOB as im using and a pic of the inverter.
    As i said on my BOB ... only x,y,z axis and limits are been used.
    Is the spindle connected to the A or B axis ?
    I see other BOBs where the spindle is connected to the relay but then where does the 0-10V signal for speed control connect to ? Confused.
    Appreciate any help

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Break out board - VFD - Mach 3 wiring-bob-1-jpg   Break out board - VFD - Mach 3 wiring-bob-2-jpg   Break out board - VFD - Mach 3 wiring-huanyang-inverter_1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Break out board - VFD - Mach 3 wiring

If you have the VFD with the 'Modbus' type option you can use the Mach plug in to control it, you may need a COM port or USB adaptor depending on what your PC has.
    Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Francohara View Post
    Hi,
    Feel a bit silly having to ask .... i'm sure it's been answered before if not here then in some other dark corner of the interwebs but just cant find the exact combination answer to suit.
    Most of the posts i have read through look like 50 shades of break out boards in term of types...

I have by home build CNC up and running for a few months now. Cutting some nice wood projects but have just have the basics (x,y,z drives and limits) wired to the BOB. Been controlling the spindle manually (Huanyang inverter type) Now i feel it's time for some improvements and to add in touch probe and to control spindle the spindle via BOB and mach 3.

Only thing is i cant figure out the wiring and afraid to blow stuff up now at this stage that my machine is up and running well.
    I have attached a pic of the same BOB as im using and a pic of the inverter.
    As i said on my BOB ... only x,y,z axis and limits are been used.
    Is the spindle connected to the A or B axis ?
    I see other BOBs where the spindle is connected to the relay but then where does the 0-10V signal for speed control connect to ? Confused.
    Appreciate any help
    Your Breakout Board does not have, that I could see a 0-10v PWM output, so this board can not control your spindle speed, it could start and stop the VFD with the Relay connected to DCM and For Terminal, you have to set the correct Parameters to use this also

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Break out board - VFD - Mach 3 wiring-dcm-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Your Breakout Board does not have, that I could see a 0-10v PWM output, so this board can not control your spindle speed, it could start and stop the VFD with the Relay connected to DCM and For Terminal, you have to set the correct Parameters to use this also
    Ah... that makes sense. ... I was looking for something that my Bob does not have. Can you get specific Bob for the spindle that run through rs232 or something ? The paralell is taken with my current board.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    If you have the VFD with the 'Modbus' type option you can use the Mach plug in to control it, you may need a COM port or USB adaptor depending on what your PC has.
    Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole
    Al.
    Hi
    The manual mentions nothing about modbus only mentions rs485 communication (not sure if related ?)
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    The manual mentions nothing about modbus only mentions rs485 communication (not sure if related ?)
    Thanks
    You do have Modbus, rs485 same thing, most likely your manual is not very clear about it, the plug in is needed that Al post

On your VFD the connection would be R- and R+

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Thanks
    In this case, one and the same, although the Huanyang vary from standard Modbus, hence the work that had to go into the plug-in.
    Strictly speaking they are two different things Modbus is a form of data communication and RS485 is the hardware standard it is sent over, it could be RS232 if you wanted to,or?,
    For example, I use RS485 TX/RX IC's for encoder interface/driver,
    Al.

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 06-15-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah... that makes sense. ... I was looking for something that my Bob does not have. Can you get specific Bob for the spindle that run through rs232 or something ? The paralell is taken with my current board.
    You would just need a USB to RS485 adapter. You can keep your existing bob.