Mach3/g540/huanyang vfd connections

Thread: Mach3/g540/huanyang vfd connections

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3/g540/huanyang vfd connections

I really hate to ask this because I know there are endless posts on this subject, but I'm still having a hard time finding a simple straight forward diagram of what ports on the g540 connect to what ports on the vfd (2.2kw). Also whether or not I need an external 10v power supply going into the g540, or if the vfd supplies it. Also whether or not I need a relay. I don't need to switch between forward or reverse, just spindle on/off and rpm control. I seem to be finding a lot of conflicting info on how to get this done. I think I can figure out all the settings for mach3 and vfd based on what I've found, just need a straight forward wiring diagram. Does one exist? Any help is greatly appreciated

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Mach3/g540/huanyang vfd connections

You need an external 10v (12v will work) power supply.

I'm not familiar with your VFD, but I used the wiring digram in the link below.

http://www.homanndesigns.com/pdfs/EN010_V8.pdf

The red 10+ is the V+ from your power supply, connect this to 9 on the G540. The Blue Ground is the ground from your power supply, connect this to 7 on G540. Then connect the G540 pin 8 to your VFD Vout (or VFD command input). Then finally connect the power supply ground to the reference VFD ground. For my VFD I didn't need to supply V+ reference voltage to the VFD, it works fine without it, but your's might need that.

For turning the spindle on, use the solenoid in the diagram above and wire it up the same using an output on the G540.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post

The red 10+ is the V+ from your power supply, connect this to 9 on the G540. The Blue Ground is the ground from your power supply, connect this to 7 on G540. Then connect the G540 pin 8 to your VFD Vout (or VFD command input). Then finally connect the power supply ground to the reference VFD ground. For my VFD I didn't need to supply V+ reference voltage to the VFD, it works fine without it, but your's might need that.

For turning the spindle on, use the solenoid in the diagram above and wire it up the same using an output on the G540.
    Ok thanks, that helps. So it sounds like I do need the relay. I thought some guys were saying there's a way to do it without the relay, but I don't care, looks like it's 5 bucks or so. I'll get a relay and power supply coming. Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, so I noticed the thread the other guy posted right after me and al the man mentioned the usb adapter with plug in. Is it really just a usb into the pc and 2 wires to the vfd? If that takes the place of all the other stuff I would need to go through g540(relay, power supply, more wiring) then it sounds like the usb is quite a bit cheaper and simpler. Am I missing something? Any downside to the usb?

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to use one of the two freely available Mach3 huanyang plugins, but then yes, it's as simple as two wires to the USB > RS-485 adapter

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You need to use one of the two freely available Mach3 huanyang plugins, but then yes, it's as simple as two wires to the USB > RS-485 adapter
    Ok, I think I'll try that first then. Just seems so much more simple. I imagine the usb method might be a little more prone to noise issues or pc related problems but I'll give it a shot since it's cheap. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, one more question. Maybe it's just the wording that's confusing me, but I'm reading that I need the rs485 AND rs485 adapter. Isn't it just the rs485 adapter (usb with 2 wire terminals) with 2 wires going from that to vfd? Or is there something in between I'm missing?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnSjoblom View Post
    Ok thanks, that helps. So it sounds like I do need the relay.
    Not necessarily see
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...equipment.html

Also the plug in is Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole
    You need a USB or COM port adapter to RS485.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Watched a video, all clear now

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnSjoblom View Post
    .....?

this forum just rocks. no matter if you are involved to cnc it just rocks.

now sorry for hijacking in but i bought one usb and a db9 one. on the usb is working ok the db9 one not . So i was wondering do i have to connect positive and ground to the com adaptor or the data+ and data- are enough? the com port doesn't give any voltage on it's own?

secondly is it possible to connect both adaptors at the same time ? is there something to win ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Why would you want to connect both at once?
    The COM port RS232 version I bought on ebay works fine.
    just two conductors from adaptor to the +/- RS485 terminals.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks al

Downloads
    Uploads

I am back again . with some more questions.

first i removed the usb and connected the com adapter . the usb was freezing the mach for some reason. another finding is that the manual i have has the modbus+ and modbus- on the opposites pins.

anyway the problem now is that on the lcd of the vfd i am getting a reading of 0.7amps to 0.9amps. i ve nvere seen that going more than 1.1. when it is working on 18000 rpm it should show more than 2amps.

secondly . through the 120hz minimum frequency my spindle is down at 7200. is there anyway to get it work slower than that?

last but more important . on the config of the plugin you are choosing values. how can i read this values in dro ? i want to be able to read voltage (input output) amps and temperature of the vfd. i installed the screen configuration program but i cant see anywhere how to setup these readings.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will have to look out my old notes, all the communication over RS485 takes the form of a Modbus style packet of bytes, either 6 or 8 bytes in a packet.
    Followed by two bytes of checksum.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Feet View Post
    I am back again . with some more questions.

first i removed the usb and connected the com adapter . the usb was freezing the mach for some reason. another finding is that the manual i have has the modbus+ and modbus- on the opposites pins.

anyway the problem now is that on the lcd of the vfd i am getting a reading of 0.7amps to 0.9amps. i ve nvere seen that going more than 1.1. when it is working on 18000 rpm it should show more than 2amps.

secondly . through the 120hz minimum frequency my spindle is down at 7200. is there anyway to get it work slower than that?

last but more important . on the config of the plugin you are choosing values. how can i read this values in dro ? i want to be able to read voltage (input output) amps and temperature of the vfd. i installed the screen configuration program but i cant see anywhere how to setup these readings.
    To change your spindle speed to the minimum is 6,000 change the 120Hz to 100 Hz

PD011=100

PD73=100

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    To change your spindle speed to the minimum is 6,000 change the 120Hz to 100 Hz -- PD011=100 PD73=100
    i did that but i was hoping in much lower speeds down to 1000rpm or so. Anyway i ll stick to that.

@ Al The Man
    Al these looks greek to me. so dont go searching any notes as i would not understand a bit ....! sorry to say that but this is the truth.

the point was that i wanted to see my amperage but probably not crucial as i can read them on the vfd.

what about the amperage that i wrote before . is it normal ? shouldn't this thing work at 3amps and more ?

Last edited by Happy Feet; 06-30-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Feet View Post
    i did that but i was hoping in much lower speeds down to 1000rpm or so. Anyway i ll stick to that.

Al these looks greek to me. so dont go searching any notes as i would not understand a bit ....! sorry to say that but this is the truth.

the point was that i wanted to see my amperage but probably not crucial as i can read them on the vfd.

what about the amperage that i wrote before . is it normal ? shouldn't this thing work at 3amps and more ?
    You can not use your spindle for anything at 1000 RPM you would most likely see a lot of smoke if you did, some of these spindles can go as low as 3000 RPM, these are the more expensive spindles, and are designed for that lower RPM

For the amps, it depends how it is being read, most are reading only 1 phase with the VFD readout, not the over all, so you times that x3 to get the correct output to the spindle

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys . Thanks a lot .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post

Could you send a link to where I can purchase solenoid for on/off.