Which Spindle and VFD... again - Page 7

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Spindle and VFD... again

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Which Spindle and VFD... again

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Spindles are 3 phase, and usually rated at 200 or 220V.
    You have single phase 240V.

But I'm not sure that calculator will give you an accurate number anyway.

http://www.hsdusa.com/bo/allegati/Fi...x-18_18_2_.pdf

This would give you about 3.25Kw for a 15 amp 220V spindle.
    Yes, calculating at the spindle makes sense now that you mention it... duh!

I think a legit 15amp motor seems to fit with a 3.5KW motor even though the calculator is not accurate but gives a good ball park.

Thanks Gerry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which Spindle and VFD... again-snag-0017-jpg  
    G540, Rack and Pinion Drives-X/Y axis, 1/2-Ball Screw-Z Axis w/THK HSR 25 Linear Slides, Steppers KL23H2100-35-4B, Power Supply-KL-600-48

Downloads
    Uploads

Larger motors tend to have better efficiency and power factors than small motors, so that seems pretty reasonable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adam_m View Post
    Yes, calculating at the spindle makes sense now that you mention it... duh!

I think a legit 15amp motor seems to fit with a 3.5KW motor even though the calculator is not accurate but gives a good ball park.

Thanks Gerry
    You will drive yourself crazy with those on line calculators, the same motor could have a 12A rating or less it depends on the length of the rotor and stator windings the longer the rotor / windings they have the higher the amps will be

I have a 2.2Kw that has a 10 Amp rating but the rotor and stator windings are longer than the normal 2.2Kw,it's still only rated 2.2Kw but has a lot more torque and can run at a lower speed than the normal 2.2Kw spindle

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You will drive yourself crazy with those on line calculators, the same motor could have a 12A rating or less it depends on the length of the rotor and stator windings the longer the rotor / windings they have the higher the amps will be

I have a 2.2Kw that has a 10 Amp rating but the rotor and stator windings are longer than the normal 2.2Kw,it's still only rated 2.2Kw but has a lot more torque and can run at a lower speed than the normal 2.2Kw spindle
    Yep, already past crazy on that front... thanks for the feedback.

Adam,

G540, Rack and Pinion Drives-X/Y axis, 1/2-Ball Screw-Z Axis w/THK HSR 25 Linear Slides, Steppers KL23H2100-35-4B, Power Supply-KL-600-48

ericks

Just make sure you buy from a reputable supplier....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Just make sure you buy from a reputable supplier....
    Not sure how that's going to work out for me... since they are Chinese vendors.

When buying through Amazon, they want you to deal with the vendor directly, hands off the transaction. They just want their cut of the transaction and Ebay has the same policy but even harder to get things resolved. None of the Chinese spindles carry a US Warranty that I'm aware of so you're out of luck there... so it's a crap shoot in my opinion.

Anyone have some suggestions for reputable Chinese vendors?

I'm sure that will get some reply's..

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure how that's going to work out for me... since they are Chinese vendors.

When buying through Amazon, they want you to deal with the vendor directly, hands off the transaction. They just want their cut of the transaction and Ebay has the same policy but even harder to get things resolved. None of the Chinese spindles carry a US Warranty that I'm aware of so you're out of luck there... so it's a crap shoot in my opinion.

Anyone have some suggestions for reputable Chinese vendors?

I'm sure that will get some reply's..
    Just stick with the known name brand spindles it does not matter where you buy or who you buy it from, you picked out a known name brand spindle stick with it, same as with VFD Drives there are good and not so good in the low cost VFD Drives, if you are unsure of anything pay more and buy from a US supplier and get the same thing

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

and Ebay has the same policy but even harder to get things resolved
    If you pay with PayPal, they'll always side with the buyer.
    When buying CNC components from China, I always prefer Ebay to Amazon. And I buy a LOT of stuff from Amazon.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Thanksgiving..!

I need to remake my mount plate for the new spindle ordered and I was wondering if anyone knew what size bolts the 3.5kw air cooled spindles take? I can't seem to find anything on the web or from any schematics that have been put out.

I'm guessing that it's probably the same bolts used for other sizes as well..

Thanks.

Adam,

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally found the sizing.. 4-M6x10

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

So this week the spindle and cable both arrived... yeah!

I bought 20ft. of Igus cable and the following spindle now all I have to do is figure out how to program the VFD.

Adam,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which Spindle and VFD... again-img_3398-jpg  

ericks

I bought 20ft. of Igus cable and the following spindle now all I have to do is figure out how to program the VFD.

Adam,
    Looks good

Downloads
    Uploads

Adam,
    What VFD did you get

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What VFD did you get
    I got the HuanYang 5.5KW GT VFD

https://www.amazon.com/Variable-Freq...W+GT+VFD&psc=1

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

I found an earlier post from you that had some settings for a Hyanyang VFD. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...-settings.html

A couple of questions for anyone knowing the answers...

- there are a lot of settings for these is there a way to see what is already set or do you just have to go through each one and write them down?
    - if this was for an 18K spindle shouldn't PD144=18000?
    - if just using the trim pot for the moment is that PD002=1

3Kw Air Cooled 18,000 RPM

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=300

PD004=300

PD005=300

PD006=15

PD007=20

PD008=220

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=100 ( Adjust for your Spindle Minimum Speed )

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=10 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=10 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142= 12 ( Motor Max Amps)

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=300

PD73=100 ( Adjust for your Spindle Minimum Speed )

Downloads
    Uploads

Most of the posted settings you'll find are for the HY series VFD's.
    Looking at a GT manual, the parameters are completely different.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54,

I found an earlier post from you that had some settings for a Hyanyang VFD. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...-settings.html

A couple of questions for anyone knowing the answers...

- there are a lot of settings for these is there a way to see what is already set or do you just have to go through each one and write them down?
    - if this was for an 18K spindle shouldn't PD144=18000?
    - if just using the trim pot for the moment is that PD002=1
    This is not the Parameter set for your VFD Drive your VFD is a Vector Drive and has auto tune so don't need to set many Parameters at all even less than what is in this list, what are the spec's of your Spindle this is all you need to know, air cooled or water cooled, Hz----- Voltage ------- number of Poles----- Amperage------- RPM------

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply Mactec54, I think I'm closing in on the settings but certainly would be grateful for any assistance as this is my first spindle and VFD. I've attached my spindle specs and VFD info below.

From what I can find in the manual I need to set the following:

Which Spindle and VFD... again-img_3405-jpg

P2.01=??
    P2.02=300
    P2.03=18000
    P2.04=??
    P2.05=15
    but that is different than the direction I've been given and the youtube video. I've been directed to set the following:

P0.03=300
    P0.04=300
    P0.06=300
    P2.02=300

Once the initial motor settings are input I assume I should I then run an AutoTune?

P0.16=1 (after saved, hit RUN and the the display will show "END" when complete)

The second problem/question I have is about motor wiring and connection to the VFD. The spindle has 6 connection points and I'm using Igus 4 wire shielded cable.

1- U
    2-V
    3-W
    4-
    5-
    6-Ground
    Where do I connect the shield from the cable on the motor side? I'm thinking it should go to pin6 (ground) and should that connection be the same at the VFD?

Adam,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which Spindle and VFD... again-snag-0104-jpg   Which Spindle and VFD... again-snag-0103-jpg   Which Spindle and VFD... again-snag-0105-jpg   Which Spindle and VFD... again-img_3405-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply Mactec54, I think I'm closing in on the settings but certainly would be grateful for any assistance as this is my first spindle and VFD. I've attached my spindle specs and VFD info below.

From what I can find in the manual I need to set the following:

Which Spindle and VFD... again-img_3405-jpg

but that is different than the direction I've been given and the youtube video. I've been directed to set the following:

Once the initial motor settings are input I assume I should I then run an AutoTune?

P0.16=1 (after saved, hit RUN and the the display will show "END" when complete)

The second problem/question I have is about motor wiring and connection to the VFD. The spindle has 6 connection points and I'm using Igus 4 wire shielded cable.

Where do I connect the shield from the cable on the motor side? I'm thinking it should go to pin6 (ground) and should that connection be the same at the VFD?

Adam,
    This will get you going

Here is some Parameters to get you going

P0.03=300

P0.04=300

P0.05=150 ( you may be able to go lower depending on Spindle Tempeture 120 Minimum )

P0.06=300

P011=10 ( adjustable )

P012=10 ( adjustable )

P014= 6 ( 6 to 8 )

P1.01=10

P1.02=20

P2.01= 3.5 ( Your spindle Kw value )

P2.02=300

P2.03=18000

P2.04=220

P2.05=15

Once these Parameters are set, you can then do a Autotune, you set Parameter P016=1 and Press Run

For main input wiring connect R Hot T Hot and Ground to the Ground Terminal, this is your connection for NA 240v single Phase

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Adam,
    You roll the shield Back in your case and clamp with the cable restraint , Shields are not connected to pins or a single point connection these snips are hoe Shields have the be terminated

Make sure the plug is Ground and where the shield is clamped there is no paint

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which Spindle and VFD... again-grounding-shields-3-png   Which Spindle and VFD... again-grounding-shields-5-png   Which Spindle and VFD... again-shield-clamp-png  
    Mactec54

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast