Wiring HuangYang VFD without grounding! How dangerous is this? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Wiring HuangYang VFD without grounding! How dangerous is this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring HuangYang VFD without grounding! How dangerous is this?

Quote Originally Posted by skrubol View Post
    Yes, but an antenna won't kill you (keep it out of thunder storms,) an ungrounded spindle can.
    If the ground is run close to the UVW wires it will help with noise as well. Not as good as a jacketed, shielded cable, but better than nothing.
    But it won't solve the problem either and just make it worse, he already said has a Ground wire

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jgomez View Post
    I do not have shielded cable from VFD to Spindle, you can sugest one for me ?.

And if possible, you can schematic how to do wire all cable from VFD > Gronding > Spindle

In Brazil not easy bought shielded cables with good quality
    What is the Kw of your spindle then I can give you the correct part number for the cable

I'm sure you will find this company somewhere in Brazil they are world wide IGUS

This cable that works well with these spindles is CF6

Here is a contact for you for the cable

igus® Brazil
    Santo Amaro
    Márcio Marques
    Phone: +55 11 3531 4487
    mobile: +55 11 98332 7207
    E-mail: marcio@igus.com.br

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

jgomez

So if your spindle is 2.2Kw then the cable would be CF6-15-04 from IGUS this should not be expensive to buy may be around $5 per meter

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jgomez View Post
    I have good ground bar with 2.4m and use 6mm wire to this is in Inverter pin marked as Ground.

The trouble is intermitent, some times i use machine without any problem, but when see this, i have 100 / 110V between spindle case and inverter ground

Any chance of my Inverter or spindle damaged ?
    you can't have voltage between the spindle case and the inverter ground if the two are connected by a wire.

as you mention the problem is intermittent.. take your spindle apart and verify that the ground pin on the connector is reliably connected to the spindle body.. or forget it and connect the ground wire directly to the spindle body externally.

Downloads
    Uploads

Many thansk Mactec54,

Next monday i go contact Mr. Marcio/IGUS for bought this cable.

Downloads
    Uploads

now that that's all settled. could someone post photos & diagram of a properly grounded spindle and vfd using 4 core shielded cable. Looking for how ground from my VFD power supply input connects to my spindle output cable's ground and shielding, and again at the spindle end ground and shielding. Assume I don't have an enclosure or anything else, just a cheap HY VFD, a 220 plug 2 hots + ground, and a 3 ph spindle with a ground lug.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by thisispete View Post
    now that that's all settled. could someone post photos & diagram of a properly grounded spindle and vfd using 4 core shielded cable. Looking for how ground from my VFD power supply input connects to my spindle output cable's ground and shielding, and again at the spindle end ground and shielding. Assume I don't have an enclosure or anything else, just a cheap HY VFD, a 220 plug 2 hots + ground, and a 3 ph spindle with a ground lug.
    The Ground wire is common sense that connects to the same Ground connection at the VFD Drive End at the Spindle End the Ground connects to the 4th Pin and the 4th Pin is Grounded to the Spindle Body which you have to check the continuity of the spindle connection as most are not connected and you have to connect this yourself in side the spindle

The Shields are a little more difficult to do with these Plugs at the spindle but can be done by using the strain relief clamp, just clear enough insolation to expose the shield, then wrap copper tap around it until it is big enough to clamp

At the VFD Drive end the shield can be terminated directly to the VFD Mounting plate which is called the Ground Plane, your VFD should be mounted on a metal plate which is Grounded from the input power supply photos I will try and post you some today may be if I have time to get them done

Mactec54

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345