spindle electrical connector needed

Thread: spindle electrical connector needed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default spindle electrical connector needed

I need a source for the electrical 4 pin connector that screws into the top of the high frequency spindles such as those made by KY. Someone posted the source for waterproof ones recently, and naturally I did not make a note and now can't find the post. The poster described a connector that was rated waterproof which might be desirable. Many of the spindle kits don't include the 4 pin connector in the photos (I contacted a couple vendors and sure enough they said what you see in the picture is what you get) so it would be nice to have one before ordering a spindle kit and possibly being disappointed. If it matters I am looking at the 800w spindle (and 1.5k inverter since it will run on 120v). Thanks much

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: spindle electrical connector needed

Quote Originally Posted by diecutter View Post
    I need a source for the electrical 4 pin connector that screws into the top of the high frequency spindles such as those made by KY. Someone posted the source for waterproof ones recently, and naturally I did not make a note and now can't find the post. The poster described a connector that was rated waterproof which might be desirable. Many of the spindle kits don't include the 4 pin connector in the photos (I contacted a couple vendors and sure enough they said what you see in the picture is what you get) so it would be nice to have one before ordering a spindle kit and possibly being disappointed. If it matters I am looking at the 800w spindle (and 1.5k inverter since it will run on 120v). Thanks much
    Don't by the 800w 120v spindle, get 800w 220v spindle if this is the size you want, you can get a VFD Drive that is 120v input and 220v output for your spindle this is much better to do it this way

If the connecting plug is not part of the Spindle package then don't buy it, not all the connectors are the same, so you may have trouble to find it's mate

Yes there are so called water proof connectors, but they are not really up to a water proof spec's a plug like this has to be, they are of very poor quality

I'm working on a better, more compliant solution for the connection between the spindle and the VFD Drives

I do have some of these plugs, that I got for testing, but I will never use them for any serious connections

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

This is mine.
    I have not looked for a source for them yet. Mines a 1.5Kw Water Cooled Spindle.

spindle electrical connector needed-spindle-connector-1-jpg

spindle electrical connector needed-spindle-connector-2-jpg

spindle electrical connector needed-spindle-connector-3-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys for the spindle recommendation and the connector information.

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't by the 800w 120v spindle, get 800w 220v spindle if this is the size you want, you can get a VFD Drive that is 120v input and 220v output for your spindle this is much better to do it this way

I am wondering why a 120v inverter into a 220v spindle is preferable to the couple of kits I was considering which were 120v invertor into a 120v spindle? The spindle is marked 110v , 24,000 rpm, 400hz and the inverter specs are 110v (120v) 50 cycle (60 cycle) in and 110v (120v), 400hz out. There must be an advantage to the 220v spindle that I can't see. Thanks for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am wondering why a 120v inverter into a 220v spindle is preferable to the couple of kits I was considering which were 120v invertor into a 120v spindle? The spindle is marked 110v , 24,000 rpm, 400hz and the inverter specs are 110v (120v) 50 cycle (60 cycle) in and 110v (120v), 400hz out. There must be an advantage to the 220v spindle that I can't see. Thanks for your help.
    Only the Chinese would make such junk, check electrical systems and see where you can find 120v 3 Phase Power that is 3 Hot wires at 120v for the 3 Phase Spindle Motor

They are traps for the unaware buyers of such junk, and I bet that they also show it with a 3 Pin plug on the spindle, they have to have a 4 pin plug

Make sure anything you buy has a 4 pin Plug at the Spindle power connector

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Only the Chinese would make such junk, check electrical systems and see where you can find 120v 3 Phase Power that is 3 Hot wires at 120v for the 3 Phase Spindle Motor

They are traps for the unaware buyers of such junk, and I bet that they also show it with a 3 Pin plug on the spindle, they have to have a 4 pin plug

Make sure anything you buy has a 4 pin Plug at the Spindle power connector
    spindle electrical connector needed-_12-jpg Now I'm really confused. As you can see the spindle of interest has 4 pins. Some of the listings for this model actually state that the inverter output is 3 phase 100hz to 400hz at 110v. Of course I've seen a lot of dubious or at least misleading claims about spindles on Ebay. I would be interested on your thoughts on this. Thanks for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

spindle electrical connector needed-_12-jpg Now I'm really confused. As you can see the spindle of interest has 4 pins. Some of the listings for this model actually state that the inverter output is 3 phase 100hz to 400hz at 110v. Of course I've seen a lot of dubious or at least misleading claims about spindles on Ebay. I would be interested on your thoughts on this. Thanks for your help.
    What you put in you will get out, so NA does not have 110v so if you connected your supply to this VFD Drive, which would be 120v single Phase you will get out 120v 3 Phase out, with is totally of no use to you what's so ever

These Spindles are 3 Phase, they are not single phase

Why are you even looking at anything that says it is 110v for the spindle, they are junk

If you only have 120v supply, then you need a VFD Drive that is 120v input and 220v output and then your spindle would be 220v also

This is the VFD you should be looking at, or one like it, for a 800W Spindle and a 120v Supply https://www.automationdirect.com/adc..._VAC)/GS2-11P0

Then you can get a 800w 220v Spindle that will work a lot better than what you are looking at

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, mactec54. Checked out your link to Automation Direct 120/230v inverter. For a little more money, 230v working voltage, a manual that actually is comprehensive, and parts and customer service behind the hardware, you can't beat this inverter. My new plan is to use this inverter and source a 220v spindle as you suggested. If you know of any exceptional spindles I,m all ears. My 800w spindle and 120v choices were due to machine space constraints and a maxed out breaker box. Yes, a 200a box is on my list. Thanks again for your insights.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, mactec54. Checked out your link to Automation Direct 120/230v inverter. For a little more money, 230v working voltage, a manual that actually is comprehensive, and parts and customer service behind the hardware, you can't beat this inverter. My new plan is to use this inverter and source a 220v spindle as you suggested. If you know of any exceptional spindles I,m all ears. My 800w spindle and 120v choices were due to machine space constraints and a maxed out breaker box. Yes, a 200a box is on my list. Thanks again for your insights.
    This is a good VFD Drive also I would go for the max Hp rating on any of these 120v single phase VFD Drives this one goes to 1.5Hp and has software for your computer so makes for an easy to set up
    https://www.wolfautomation.com/index...ty%20Catch-All

CFW300A06P0S1NB20 this is more money but over all for 120v single phase is a good buy, expect to pay more for a 120v single phase VFD Drive

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, this is just the information needed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by automationtechinc View Post

I would not !! they don't compare, I have repaired many of the Huanyang VFD Drives, and only as last resort would you want to buy it for 120v single phase Power Supply, the 220v Huanyang are a reasonable low cost VFD Drive, that's if you are selling the real Huanyang and not the copy look a like

Mactec54