Is there any easy way to save setting for a Huanyang VFD

Thread: Is there any easy way to save setting for a Huanyang VFD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is there any easy way to save setting for a Huanyang VFD

I have been using the Huanyang vfd for my 2.2kw spindle on my wood router for quite some time now and have not had any problems with it.
    I have a lathe that I am thinking of putting a 2hp 3 phase motor on. I want to use the same vfd to operate both motors. This would mean I would have to enter all the various parameters every time I switched from the lathe to the router. I wonder if there there is any way to get mach3 to program the vfd based on the profile I am using (lathe or router), or maybe some external software that would talk to the vfd and load/save the settings. Or am I stuck with having to change the all the settings every time I switch motors?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is there any easy way to save setting for a Huanyang VFD

Apart from entering manually, about the only other way Ii know of is to do it through the RS485 connection and download the parameters, the couple of data entry type para's i.e. from analogue to serial and back again, would be entered manually each time.
    Probably many parameters would stay the same.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SmoggyTurnip View Post
    I have been using the Huanyang vfd for my 2.2kw spindle on my wood router for quite some time now and have not had any problems with it.
    I have a lathe that I am thinking of putting a 2hp 3 phase motor on. I want to use the same vfd to operate both motors. This would mean I would have to enter all the various parameters every time I switched from the lathe to the router. I wonder if there there is any way to get mach3 to program the vfd based on the profile I am using (lathe or router), or maybe some external software that would talk to the vfd and load/save the settings. Or am I stuck with having to change the all the settings every time I switch motors?
    No you can not save the Parameters with that VFD Drive, it would be better to use a separate VFD for the lathe, lathes are hard on a VFD Drive so you would have to have a higher Hp rated VFD Drive for the lathe Plus have a Braking Resistor to protect the VFD Drive

So when you get another VFD Drive for your Lathe, get it at least 2Hp to 3 Hp larger than what you need, and with a Braking Resistor or able to support a Braking Resistor, if you don't do this the VFD will not last very long

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The program I have used to store a file and down load to a Huanyang, is RS232 HEX COM RS232 Monitoring Software, RS232 Monitoring Hardware and RS232 Terminal Software
    You need to know the Huanyang addresses for the file to download.
    Max.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    The program I have used to store a file and down load to a Huanyang, is RS232 HEX COM RS232 Monitoring Software, RS232 Monitoring Hardware and RS232 Terminal Software
    You need to know the Huanyang addresses for the file to download.
    Max.
    Huanyang and most VFD's parameters can be read and written using RS485/serial connection(Modbus) like Al already posted. For Huanyang function 01 for read and 02 to write, it's in the manual. Any questions I will help on how to achieve this with Huanyang but been away from Mach3 for sometime time now.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Huanyang and most VFD's parameters can be read and written using RS485/serial connection(Modbus) like Al already posted. For Huanyang function 01 for read and 02 to write, it's in the manual. Any questions I will help on how to achieve this with Huanyang but been away from Mach3 for sometime time now.

Dan
    I should of said this in my first post, I read it that he wanted to have 2 sets of Parameters in the VFD Drive, higher end VFD drives you can have more than one set of parameters set

Modbus is quite easy to do on most VFD drives, to transfer the Parameters, some VFD Drives you can do it all in the Key Pad, you can save the Parameters to the Key Pad by up loading and then down loading the other set of Parameters

It does not have to have anything to do with Mach3, you can down load or up load direct from the VFD Drive by using program like Al linked to

None of this is not going to help him with what he wants to do, he needs a larger capacity VFD Drive for his lathe, that can use a Braking Resistor, his spindle VFD won't have a Braking Resistor and will not last very long using it for a lathe

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    No you can not save the Parameters with that VFD Drive, it would be better to use a separate VFD for the lathe, lathes are hard on a VFD Drive so you would have to have a higher Hp rated VFD Drive for the lathe Plus have a Braking Resistor to protect the VFD Drive
    Was responding to Title of Thread and your reply.

There are simple methods that come to mind to achieve this without use of another program, and by simply loading a different profile this can be done automatically. The methods will vary depending on controller used.

Dan