Need Help! Fulinn 5.5kw VFD - Cannot access menues

Thread: Fulinn 5.5kw VFD - Cannot access menues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Fulinn 5.5kw VFD - Cannot access menues

Hi ho!

My father bought a CNC machine from China, and in the process of rebuilding it from RichAuto DSP to Smoothstepper controller, we also need to change some settings on the inverter.

The inverter:
    Type: Folinn (Fuling?) BD 600 series
    Model: BD612-5R5-2-DK
    Input: 3PH 22v 50/60Hz
    Output: 3PH 0-220V 0-1000Hz
    Power: 5.5KW 23A

The manual for the inverter is located here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfqqm3lxca...anual.pdf?dl=0

The issue is that when we try to access the menu in accordance to the manual, we only get the ability to change 32 settings, none of which is clearly labeled in the manual. It simply says "F00" for instance for the first object in the menu. Pressing "PRGM/ESC" when F00 is selected allows us to change a value that is 400 by default. I'm guessing this is HZ or something. The same goes for the 31 other settings, there are no submenues as the manual describes.

I would like to change the setting F00.01 so that we can use the built in keypad instead of using wired/remote control which the old controller system uses (which we have no clue how is set up) to stop/start the spindle and adjust the spindle rpm.

Does anyone know what we are doing wrong, and how to access the menu of the inverter?

Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fulinn 5.5kw VFD - Cannot access menues

Quote Originally Posted by EnburN View Post
    Hi ho!

My father bought a CNC machine from China, and in the process of rebuilding it from RichAuto DSP to Smoothstepper controller, we also need to change some settings on the inverter.

The inverter:

The manual for the inverter is located here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfqqm3lxca...anual.pdf?dl=0

The issue is that when we try to access the menu in accordance to the manual, we only get the ability to change 32 settings, none of which is clearly labeled in the manual. It simply says "F00" for instance for the first object in the menu. Pressing "PRGM/ESC" when F00 is selected allows us to change a value that is 400 by default. I'm guessing this is HZ or something. The same goes for the 31 other settings, there are no submenues as the manual describes.

I would like to change the setting F00.01 so that we can use the built in keypad instead of using wired/remote control which the old controller system uses (which we have no clue how is set up) to stop/start the spindle and adjust the spindle rpm.

Does anyone know what we are doing wrong, and how to access the menu of the inverter?

Thanks in advance
    It may have a Pass word protection

Set Parameter F3.000=0 then you should be able to change any of the parameters F0.00 should be set to 1

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, thanks for answering!

I cannot access any menu called F3.000, do you mean F30?

Last edited by EnburN; 03-31-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, thanks for answering!

I cannot access any menu called F3.000, do you mean F30?
    Sorry I looked at the wrong model VFD, sometimes when this happens you can remove the key pad, unplug it and then reinstall it

It should be F07.00=0

F00.00=2

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Sorry I looked at the wrong model VFD, sometimes when this happens you can remove the key pad, unplug it and then reinstall it

It should be F07.00=0

F00.00=2
    Thanks again for your reply, and no worries

The issue is that I cannot get into the menus at all. Its seems to be stuck into a sub menu at all times. I thought this might be caused by the machine being in the wrong state (Stopped/Running), but the manual did not help answer this, so I'm unsure.

The only options I get when hitting the PROG key, is F00 to F31, and every option goes straight to a settings, and it does not open a sub menu.

The "unplug keypad" trick, does the machine need to be powered on while doing this? We have tried taking it out and reseating it while the inverter was powered off but that gave no results.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My dad made a short video showing the main problem with getting into menus: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tahuz97rzs...e-vfd.mp4?dl=0

The video shows the machine being unpowered, then powered on, then pressing PROG then FUNC on the inverter.

Pressing PROG again instead of FUNC will return out of the menus. Pressing FUNC again after the initial FUNC will also return out of the menu and in addition select the menu item below the one first selected, as if it saved the input and moved down one menu item.

When pressing the PROG key, one would expect to get to chose between 16 alternatives, all being sub menus where if you chose one of the sub menus, you would get a final list like the one shown in the video above, at least this is what I understand from reading the manual.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ho!

The inverter:

Thanks in advance
    press arrow keys to change F00 to F01 then press func key followed by arrows to select which function...use arrow keys to change value then..push function key and program key to return

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    Yes, sound like Stuartmca is onto it.
    In my experience with other VSD's, you press PRG/ ESC to enter the program, then press the 'up' or 'down' arrows to navigate to the submenu you want to get to ( ie F00 or F01.......F15 ) then press FUNC/DATA to see what the setting is now and the 'up' or 'down' arrow to change the setting, if required, then press PRGM/ESC to save that setting.
    Then use 'up' or 'down' button to go to the next Parameter and repeat.
    Once finished, keep pressing PRGM/ESC to back out of the Parameters. Clear as mud?....lol
    Very hard to explain by typing....lol

Once you get your head around it it will be easy.
    Not all drives program or work the same at all, I doubt that you have ever had a VSD as these drives are completely different to what is being talked about here, they are also not very common

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Not all drives program or work the same at all, I doubt that you have ever had a VSD as these drives are completely different to what is being talked about here, they are also not very common
    No problem.....disregard everything I have said.

ericks

So....have you sorted your problem?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi and thanks for your replies. We never solved the problem, so we went ahead and bought a cheap (but working) Chinesium VSD.

I'll try the Arrow -> Func tomorrow and return with the results.