Newbie VFD power issue

Thread: VFD power issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VFD power issue

Any advice would be great. The only way I get power to my Huanyang VFD is using the way shown in the attached picture. I purchased more relays to replace what I thought was a bad one. But when changed they all have the same effect they will not provide power to the VFD allowing it to come on. Only when I place a paper clip between the 2 wires will it all turn on.

Thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD power issue-relay-connectors-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VFD power issue

Don't use a paper clip! That's extremely dangerous!

If the black thing is a relay then the coil is not energized for some reason so the contacts are not pulled together to close the circuit (what the paper clip does). Can't say what's wrong, but if the relay is OK then something is not right with the control circuit to the relay. Maybe just a lose wire, maybe something more complicated. Contact an electrician, it takes only a few minutes to analyse and fix the issue for him/her. It may cost some extra, but better safe than sorry. In the meantime, you should not use your machine at all and make sure the paper clip is safely removed.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by will70 View Post
    Any advice would be great. The only way I get power to my Huanyang VFD is using the way shown in the attached picture. I purchased more relays to replace what I thought was a bad one. But when changed they all have the same effect they will not provide power to the VFD allowing it to come on. Only when I place a paper clip between the 2 wires will it all turn on.

Thanks in advance.
    As Camera said don't use a paper clip

What voltage are you trying to switch, and what is the spec's of the solid state Relay

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, I will get with an electrician I know and see what he can figure out.

Ordered the machine Dec 15th got it end of January and now the 16th of march and nothing has moved on the machine yet without me pushing it manually. and that is what my wife wants to do to me lol.

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks a little scary to me. Just saying.

Downloads
    Uploads

The relay is zettler az2700-1a-120a.... Basically I have a 220 VFD and a 110 Gecko g540 control box. The issue i have is the VFD does not turn on at all there is power to the box.

So what I have been told it might have to do with the Mach 4 software is not configured so the VFD is not turning on. I suppose this could be true but I don't understand that logic unless it has to do with the AUX relay coming off the control box going to the relay switch and it's not he power to the relay but the software telling the vfd to close the switch to send power to the vfd control to start up. There really is not any good instructions I got with the build it's more of they have improved many things about the machine just never updated the instructions past the first build.

I am completely new to cnc and 3d printing so I am not sure how any of it works. Can only go by what is in the forums and what the sellers are telling me as if find issues like this as I go through the process of building the machine.

So any idea or help would be nice.