For an advanced hobbiest -Which inverter/spindle? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: For an advanced hobbiest -Which inverter/spindle?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: For an advanced hobbiest -Which inverter/spindle?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    It is true if you mean 120V 200A but I thought you meant 240V 200A since that is three times as much as I have.

But OK... we are too far off topic here.
    It is 240v at 200A x 2 that I have, Not everyone has this much large homes do, but if you look at what the homes run on mostly is two 120v and 120v feeds and 240v for air conditioners cooking and water Heat, it is more but not a lot when you compare to your 3 phase supply, small homes only have 150A supply and apartments only have 100A supply, so your 75A supply is around the same as the average home in NA

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: For an advanced hobbiest -Which inverter/spindle?

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    There is an 800w spindle, with a 1Kw VFD, gives you lots of options, if you wanted smaller, won't be as good as a 1.5Kw ( although you can cut aluminum with a Dremel, will just depend what you want to achieve ) considering your machine size, the 1.5Kw if you can fit it Ok, would be transferable if you where to build a bigger machine at anytime
    This is basically the setup I'm looking for. I don't plan on upgrading beyond this.. cutting hard woods and soft aluminum. I just want it to have very little runoff and be in the 200 dollar range for motor/vfd, and if at all possible, be water cooled, for quiet cuts and of course, it has to eat 110v SF. Do you have a link for it somewhere?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345