Need Help! Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This is a common problem with these Breakout boards, when you call for max speed what is the output voltage, and the mid voltage should read 10v max 24,000 RPM and 5v for 12000 RPM

You can make some changes to PD071 Analog Filtering this may give you some adjustments, but Mach3 setting would also have to be correct as well can you post what you have set in Mach3

Thanks for your help.

I put in mach 3 setting like St v2 manual

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-st-v2-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3

Quote Originally Posted by Elish View Post
    Thanks for your help.

I put in mach 3 setting like St v2 manual
    That all appears to be correct, the only thing now is to check the voltage and see what you have at the different, and with the filter change in the VFD Drive you may be able to get it closer, this won't help much if the PWM output voltage is to far off

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

What about the RS485 , by connect to RS on the
    VDF .
    I saw that in other forms.
    Is that help?

Downloads
    Uploads

What about the RS485 , by connect to RS on the
    VDF .
    I saw that in other forms.
    Is that help?
    Yes there is some good plugins to use the Modbus connection for Mach3 and the HY VFD, that will get you control of everything you want and will be much better than the PWM 0-10v from the Breakout Board, you could try and see it you can get it running without the plugin as the HY is slightly different from a normal Modbus setup

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you please send me from where I can buy it

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks a lot you really helped me .

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you please send me from where I can buy it

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks a lot you really helped me .
    Here is one you can look at give you the complete setup Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Here is one you can look at give you the complete setup Mach3 plugin for Huanyang VFD | Le royaume d'éole

Thanks a lot my friend. ????????

Downloads
    Uploads

Hei Guys,
    Can anyone help me to wire VFD to BoB?

Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-bord2-jpg   Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-bord1-jpg   Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-20190512_132011-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by view2 View Post
    Hei Guys,
    Can anyone help me to wire VFD to BoB?

Thank you.
    You will have to check the outputs for PMW and 0-10v to see what each is doing, and to which one you will be using

Buy testing 0-10 do a M3S12000 in your control MDI and it should measure 5v or near to 5v and at M3S24000 should be around 10v

Some of the PMW outputs are from 0-5v which you can use also if it is working like 2.5v output for M3S12000

For the ON /Off one of the Relays can be used Test which one is configured in Ports and Pins

This Relay connects to FOR and DCM on the VFD Drive use twisted pairs of wires for this connection, this is just a switch no voltage is required in the connection for ON / OFF

Once you find which output is working for Speed Control you connect this output to the VI and ACM on the VFD Drive

There will be some VFD Parameter's to change for remote control depending on what voltage you end up using 0-5v or 0-10v

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you "mactec54".

I've checked the voltage on BoB.
    0-10v is 10.46v
    0-5v is 4.67v
    First I've wired like this:
    P1-PWM to VI in VFD
    GND to ACM in VFD
    Relay2 On/Mid to FWD and DCM to VCD
    When run spindle I have difference between Mach3 and VFD display (lower in Mach3) let say 19380 in Mach3 and 24000 in VFD

After, I've wired different:
    0-10V to VI in VFD
    GND to ACM in VFD
    When run spindle the difference is less, but still is (now, higher in Mach3) let say 24000 in MAch3 and 23700 in VFD

I've change the paramenters also in VFD.

I've set also Output 2 to control the spindle.

I think somethink is wrong here (maybe the BoB or my settings)

I am confused with this board because the Relay is P2 and the output number again P2
    In my case, Relay P2 is my Output number 2?
    The pictures with the BoB are attached in the previous post above.

Any idea?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by view2 View Post
    Thank you "mactec54".

I've checked the voltage on BoB.
    0-10v is 10.46v
    0-5v is 4.67v
    First I've wired like this:
    P1-PWM to VI in VFD
    GND to ACM in VFD
    When run spindle I have difference between Mach3 and VFD display (lower in Mach3) let say 19380 in Mach3 and 24000 in VFD

After, I've wired different:
    0-10V to VI in VFD
    GND to ACM in VFD
    When run spindle the difference is less, but still is (now, higher in Mach3) let say 24000 in MAch3 and 23700 in VFD

I've change the paramenters also in VFD.

I've set also Output 2 to control the spindle.

I think somethink is wrong here (maybe the BoB or my settings)

I am confused with this board because the Relay is P2 and the output number again P2
    In my case, Relay P2 is my Output number 2?
    The pictures with the BoB are attached in the previous post above.

Any idea?
    Thanks
    PWM should never be connected to VI, unless you know what the output is, only 0/5v or 0/10v should be used for your VFD as it does not support a PWM output

The VFD reading of 23700 would be the correct number as this is frequency related, this is saying the output voltage from the Breakout Board is a little low which is quite normal for these Breakout Boards, it is possible to adjust settings in Mach3 which can help this a little

The Relay you just have to pick one that is working it is just an on/off switch

There should not be any Parameters to change in the VFD drive related to the speed , they normally work ok at the Default settings

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know if I can run 5 axis (4 with slave) and switch the spindle on/off if I remove the BOB jumper? It's unclear to me how the BOB relay is routed. Is it routed to ON/OFF-NO,ON/OFF-C to switch the spindle *AND* optionally to the 5th axis depending on jumper position or is it routed to ON/OFF-NO,ON/OFF-C to switch the spindle *OR* optionally to the 5th axis depending on jumper position? The former would allow 5 axis use with spindle switching the latter would not.Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-bob_question-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-bob_question-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,

I'm working on a PrintNC and I liked the whole process of doing it. Now finetuning it is getting a headache, maybe someone out here can help me.

Details:
    - VFD Huanyang
    - 2.2Kw Spindle
    - Mach3 BoB 5-axis
    - Here a link to a short clip from the software when I'm running my Spindle https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7tsozdsg3..._0863.MOV?dl=0

I've connected the VFD tot the BoB as shown attached.

I've set my VFD-parameters as following;

PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock
    PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control) ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control ) ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )
    PD002=0
    PD003=400
    PD004=400
    PD005=400
    PD007=20
    PD008=220 (Motor Rated Voltage)
    PD009=15
    PD010=8
    PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting with Quality VFD, 120 is Safe)
    PD13= 08 ( is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings )
    PD014=10 ( Acceleration Adjust to suit)
    PD015=10 ( Deceleration Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)
    PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )
    PD041=8 ( Carrier Frequency )
    PD142=7 ( Motor Max Amps for 1.5Kw Spindle)
    PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)
    PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)
    PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )
    PD72=400
    PD73=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting )

I'm not sure about the settings in Mach3. and I can't figure out what I'm missing or doing wrong in order to get the Spindle-speed controled in Mach3.

Any idea's/solutions?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-huanyang-vfd-5-axis-breakout-board-connection   Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-st-v2-pdf   Driving an HuanYang VFD Inverter via 5 Axis Breakout Board on Mach3-huanyang-hy02d223b-vfd-manual-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by F3rry View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm working on a PrintNC and I liked the whole process of doing it. Now finetuning it is getting a headache, maybe someone out here can help me.
    Details:
    - VFD Huanyang
    - 2.2Kw Spindle
    - Mach3 BoB 5-axis
    - Here a link to a short clip from the software when I'm running.
    I've connected the VFD tot the BoB as shown attached.

What exactly are you asking?.
    It sounded like it worked.
    If due to rpm readout, you won't see an rpm reading in Mach if you have no feedback to bob.
    If stopping early, it's prob to do with the relay, the on-board one can be finicky.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    What exactly are you asking?.
    It sounded like it worked.
    If due to rpm readout, you won't see an rpm reading in Mach if you have no feedback to bob.
    If stopping early, it's prob to do with the relay, the on-board one can be finicky.
    With current configuration I’m unable to control spindle-speed in Mach3. My question is if someone with given details is able to pin-point missing/wrong settings.

The spindle is starting and stopping controlled by Mach3, but I can’t controle spindle speed. There’s only one speed now (I think 24000rpm) and nothing in between.

Downloads
    Uploads

With current configuration I’m unable to control spindle-speed in Mach3. My question is if someone with given details is able to pin-point missing/wrong settings.

The spindle is starting and stopping controlled by Mach3, but I can’t controle spindle speed. There’s only one speed now (I think 24000rpm) and nothing in between.

Are you sure you should be wired into VI?.
    Are you sure it shouldn't be AI instead?.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did try that just now; spindle runs, but in Mach3;

RPM = 0 (on VI it would put random numbers on screen when clicking on 'minus' or 'plus');
    S-ov = 0 (on VI was 100 or less when clicking on 'minus')
    Spindle Speed = (on VI was 100)

Downloads
    Uploads

VI and ACM is correct

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Did try that just now; spindle runs, but in Mach3;

RPM = 0 (on VI it would put random numbers on screen when clicking on 'minus' or 'plus');
    S-ov = 0 (on VI was 100 or less when clicking on 'minus')
    Spindle Speed = (on VI was 100)
    Do you have the Parameters set for Remote control plus J1 Jumper must be in the correct Position

Before you connect to the VFD Drive you must have the 0-10v working at the Breakout Board if not and you spindle starts at a low speed you can damage it so get the 0-10v output working and then connect to the VFD Drive

You normally test the output in MDI mode M3S12000 should give you around 5v Check with different RPM setting to see what the output Voltage is.

Have you set the Pulley ratio in Mach3
    What do you have to PWM set to

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm gonna try my luck with a RS458 usb, ordered it today, will be here tomorrow.

Thx for helping me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast