CNC Spindle not stop - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC Spindle not stop

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Spindle not stop

Quote Originally Posted by Mukhtar View Post
    No Sorry VFD company manufacturer name is "Simphoenix" .We use Catia for simulation of 3d models. Mach 3 Mill we use for post processor
    Appears to be the 500 series (550).
    Do you have a braking resistor, what can happen the braking semiconductor fails temporarily on overheat after running for a period of time.
    Do you have 2 wire or 3 wire control?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Do you have a braking resistor, what can happen the braking semiconductor fails temporarily on overheat after running for a period of time.
    Al.
    That is quite obvious from the photos of the relay how the wiring has been done

If he had a braking resistor problem the VFD drive would show a fault

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post

If he had a braking resistor problem the VFD drive would show a fault
    Not always true, I have had the braking semi go open with no symptoms shown on the VFD!

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay thank you for your reply i will tell you after making these arrangements.
    Hello;
    We have checked it we have the relay with the diode across the input power.We have basically two CNC machine.Spindle not stopping after G code ends problem in one machine.
    Also we have checked the shielded cable we have shielded wire from the power end but not doing shielded across the spindle side.But this type of arrangements in on both the CNC machine i.e not shielded from the spindle side.But one CNC machine's spindle stop properly and the other CNC machine is not stopping unless or until we have to press the emergency button to stop the machine??? Why
    and thanks for your reply

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Al.
    Hello;
    Yes you are absolutely right VFD is sim phoenix E550. You told about braking resistor then can you please tell me the braking resistor of which "value" we have to put inside the VFD?
    It will be very appreciate able. Thank you so much for your reply

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello;
    We have checked it we have the relay with the diode across the input power.We have basically two CNC machine.Spindle not stopping after G code ends problem in one machine.
    Also we have checked the shielded cable we have shielded wire from the power end but not doing shielded across the spindle side.But this type of arrangements in on both the CNC machine i.e not shielded from the spindle side.But one CNC machine's spindle stop properly and the other CNC machine is not stopping unless or until we have to press the emergency button to stop the machine??? Why
    and thanks for your reply
    Check the software spindle control setup, is the same on each machine, did you check the relay with a meter to see if it is turning on/off when you use M3 / M5

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Check the software spindle control setup, is the same on each machine, did you check the relay with a meter to see if it is turning on/off when you use M3 / M5
    Yes the software spindle control setup is same on both the machines i.e- MACH 3 MILL. and we have check the relay also its on by M3 and stop also on M5 but the spindle stop very slowly and the value of frequency in VFD not decrease as like as that of other CNC.What do you think either its the spindle's motor old or some other problem???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello;
    Yes you are absolutely right VFD is sim phoenix E550. You told about braking resistor then can you please tell me the braking resistor of which "value" we have to put inside the VFD?
    It will be very appreciate able. Thank you so much for your reply
    My spindle is of 3.5KW. The manual of sunfar E550 series shows that for the spindle of 3KW use 35 ohm braking resistor and for the spindle of 4KW use 40 ohm braking resistor so what should i use from these ones?

Downloads
    Uploads

My spindle is of 3.5KW. The manual of sunfar E550 series shows that for the spindle of 3KW use 35 ohm braking resistor and for the spindle of 4KW use 40 ohm braking resistor so what should i use from these ones?
    Yes if you need to add a Braking Resistor then you would use the 40ohm, you will have to adjust parameters in the VFD also, you may not need this, but they are always worth while addition

Have you checked that the 0-10v PWM from the control board to the VFD is also stopping / shutting off, when you go from M3 to M5 you need to check this with a meter also

Parameters to check
    F0.06= ? ( 5 would be normal without a Braking Resistor fitted )
    F0.07=1
    F2.02=0
    F2.03=12 ( a starting point )
    F2.04=20
    F2.05=5

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12