Need Help! Electrical question on Haunyang VFD 2.2kw - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Electrical question on Haunyang VFD 2.2kw

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Electrical question on Haunyang VFD 2.2kw

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I don't think anyone from Huanyang has said that the manual is wrong, have they?....
    The factory Al consulted seemed to be unable to give him a firm answer when he asked. They only said they used R and T inputs even
    though the manual says to chose any 2 of 3 inputs. They can't even endorse their own manual.

...They already are the most credible chinese VFD's, buy a large margin imo...
    I don't disagree. But they could do some simple and cost effective things to increase their appeal to those still a bit wary of their products. They could start to steal a bit of market share from the big boys for bigger profits. There is no website or trusted distributor network published that I can see, just Ebay sellers and similar vendors. They could have their own Ebay store and sell direct. Why give profit away to the bottom feeder ebay vendors, keep it for your self and control the quality of the customer experience. They don't even need to print updated manuals, they can have a pdf download on their own website like the other well established VFD companies.
    ....People with a little knowledge may try to find a genuine Huanyang....
    The customer should not have to try very hard to find your genuine products. Ebay sellers come and go. Who do you trust to supply a genuine, recent model and not an old model or clone? The grapevine is a less than ideal way to track this down. Total marketing fail.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You see that mostly on the low HP VFD Drives, only have the ( 2 ) Terminals, all these other VFD Drive are built for 3 Phase, it would not work to well if you had a 3Phase VFD with only ( 2 ) Terminals
    99% of the people reading this will be running single phase. Haunyang could print some stick on labels that say "This terminal for 3 phase input only." Cover up the S terminal with the label and you ensure that almost all single phase customers will wire it up in the best way, R and T.
    Simple, cheap, effective. Is this too obvious for Haunyang?

Put a note in the box, "Please check our website for the most recently updated manual." Change the manual PDF download so it says single phase hookup is best with R and T.

ericks

I would love to be able to get a closer look at one of their newest models.....if anyone near me has a faulty one then please let me know

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    I would love to be able to get a closer look at one of their newest models.....if anyone near me has a faulty one then please let me know
    There new VFD Drives are more expensive, and have been completely redesigned, I expect there may be some problems with the new drive, but nothing like what some people experienced with the old design, a snip of some of the internals, this new design is closely aligned with any other VFD in the market, one of the key changes is the Power module, and the closed loop sensors, the Renesus control Chip is the same as what Mitsubishi use in there VFD Drives

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Electrical question on  Haunyang VFD 2.2kw-huangany-vfd-drive-new-jpg  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's a better pic of Huanyang board, I don't know much about electronic components but I'm curious to see these sensors. I originally thought you were referring to the blue lobs that are connected to each input.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Electrical question on  Haunyang VFD 2.2kw-lobs-jpg  

ericks

There new VFD Drives are more expensive, and have been completely redesigned, I expect there may be some problems with the new drive, but nothing like what some people experienced with the old design, a snip of some of the internals, this new design is closely aligned with any other VFD in the market, one of the key changes is the Power module, and the closed loop sensors, the Renesus control Chip is the same as what Mitsubishi use in there VFD Drives
    They sure have improved their design.

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Here's a better pic of Huanyang board, I don't know much about electronic components but I'm curious to see these sensors. I originally thought you were referring to the blue lobs that are connected to each input.
    They use current sensing on the output in this design. Those blue "lobs" are just Mov"s used for over voltage protection. As far as i can see in this one it would not matter how you connect the supply cause you going straight to the three phase bridge rectifier. The new design Mac posted also looks like it uses current sensing on the output. It is design standard to use only two sensors...

Downloads
    Uploads

r. The new design Mac posted also looks like it uses current sensing on the output. It is design standard to use only two sensors...
    Looks that way, as it would make sense to monitor motor current at that point with those current transformers to detect motor O/L.
    I agree the blue devices are the 3 MOV's or VDR's across the inputs.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is the older model board, there where other models that came after that one as well, which are different as well, the one I just posted is totally different from this board, and any previous VFD Drives they have made, the Board you have there has all 3 connected R S and T, this schematic is from 2011 which shows this connection, but note that R and T are connected they did not need to be connected in this way if it did not have some significance

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Electrical question on  Haunyang VFD 2.2kw-r-s-t-png  
    Last edited by mactec54; 03-17-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: change information added schematic
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

They use current sensing on the output in this design. Those blue "lobs" are just Mov"s used for over voltage protection. As far as i can see in this one it would not matter how you connect the supply cause you going straight to the three phase bridge rectifier. The new design Mac posted also looks like it uses current sensing on the output. It is design standard to use only two sensors...
    Thanks, I read they were over voltage protection but didn't give or know the proper terminology. As you can see there is 1 for each line input (RST).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

...If you want excellent support, and an excellent 300 page manual, you can simple spend $350 or more, which is what the other 5% do...
    It would cost Haunyang next to nothing to eliminate the questions posed here. They are their own worst enemy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joe90023 View Post
    It would cost Haunyang next to nothing to eliminate the questions posed here. They are their own worst enemy.
    In all fairness to Huanyang I have 3 manual variations and all read use any 2 line inputs (RST) for 1 phase. Ger21 posted a email from a fairly recent HY VFD purchase vendor that reads the same. So far I have not read any facts that contradict there easily downloadable manual.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

....So far I have not read any facts that contradict there easily downloadable manual.
    Al says the factory told him they use R and T inputs which contradicts the "chose any two" manual. Mactec says R and T is best and other combos may cause damage. We have to interpret the meaning of that info for ourselves I guess.

It seems difficult to find a proven distributor guaranteed to sell the latest models with all the improvements mactec mentioned. I have a 4KW Columbo that needs power from single phase. Huanyang prices are intriguing but I hate to gamble.

I finally found the factory website on page 4 of google results. Clicking on the download button produces a blank page with no downloads. The product pages have no manual download links either. I finally found a non linked page with the downloads. Also found another site (vfdmaster.com) that seems like a factory site but has some different models. Download page is also blank. No distributors listed. They are not making much of a show of crossing their T's and dotting their I's.

Downloads
    Uploads

Al says the factory told him they use R and T inputs which contradicts the "chose any two" manual. Mactec says R and T is best and other combos may cause damage. We have to interpret the meaning of that info for ourselves I guess.

It seems difficult to find a proven distributor guaranteed to sell the latest models with all the improvements mactec mentioned. I have a 4KW Columbo that needs power from single phase. Huanyang prices are intriguing but I hate to gamble.

I finally found the factory website on page 4 of google results. Clicking on the download button produces a blank page with no downloads. The product pages have no manual download links either. I finally found a non linked page with the downloads. Also found another site (vfdmaster.com) that seems like a factory site but has some different models. Download page is also blank. No distributors listed. They are not making much of a show of crossing their T's and dotting their I's.
    I don't think they are a gamble if set up with the correct parameters even the oldest one's worked fine, most of the problems have been with people setting incorrect Parameters

I don't think anyone has a manual on the New model, I'm sure it will come with one, and the way I see it, it can be wired any way you want to try it R and S or R and T should work just fine, I know there will have to be some different Parameters with this Drive

I have a manual close to what the new one will be, but I expect there to be some differences

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I finally found the factory website on page 4 of google results
    Google "Huanyang VFD Manual" and it's the 3rd link.

I bought mine from Ebay seller Solar Jean, who's been selling them for about 10 years.

I don't think I've ever seen a "new version" of the HY series VFD's on Ebay.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought mine from Ebay seller Solar Jean, who's been selling them for about 10 years.

I don't think I've ever seen a "new version" of the HY series VFD's on Ebay.
    That is correct the new HY is on Amazon, I'm sure it will get to Ebay in time

This is one of the reasons users have had problems, they don't choose wisely

Last edited by mactec54; 03-17-2018 at 09:07 AM.
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's strange you can't get to that page directly from within their own website. Website has a empty download page.
    ...I bought mine from Ebay seller Solar Jean, who's been selling them for about 10 years....
    Solar Jean does not show any model numbers on their listings. How do you know which series you are getting? I'm guessing he sells
    the HY series but I don't spend money on guesses.
    ...I don't think I've ever seen a "new version" of the HY series VFD's on Ebay....
    Which series is the "new version"? I see references to several series, HY, SL, GT, YM, P2. No one website references all these series, it's scattered around.
    It seems the SL series and the GT series are their sensorless vector versions but I can't tell if one is more recent. I'm not sure they make a version for encoder feedback.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is correct the new HY is on Amazon, I'm sure it will get to Ebay in time

This is one of the reasons users have had problems, they don't choose wisely
    Their youtube videos have some links to direct purchase channels so this was pretty useful. It seems one of the Amazon sellers is factory direct sales as well as one of the aliexpress sellers. That's a very round about way to make your distribution channel known but at least we got there in the end. Now to figure out which series is the latest and greatest.

edit: braking resistor models seem to be special order only.

Downloads
    Uploads

Their youtube videos have some links to direct purchase channels so this was pretty useful. It seems one of the Amazon sellers is factory direct sales as well as one of the aliexpress sellers. That's a very round about way to make your distribution channel known but at least we got there in the end. Now to figure out which series is the latest and greatest.

edit: braking resistor models seem to be special order only.
    The Basic models do not come with the Braking Resistor, these are the one's you see for sale everywhere, even the new one, does not come with the Braking Resistor, if you want it you have to order it with the Braking Resistor

So if anyone is buying a Huanyang VFD, ask for the Braking Resistor, just may be if everyone asks for it they will make it standard

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to see the schematic of the input to the rectifier if it has changed from the example posted.
    The manuals and info I obtained from the factory I was assured are the latest ones.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast