A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle

Heres the specs. They are in another thread but there were no responses to the person that posted the info. The poster also reflected their mach3 info, however, i am be using a gecko540 with UCCNC. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/spindles-vfd/286976-cnc.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well i got the 220 line ran this morning and the vfd is now set up (input and output power only). I did turn the spindle on and watched it ramp up to 100hz then turned it off. I did this every 100 hz until it hit its max of 400 hz. It is a water cooled spindle and that is not connected yet so i can not play with it to much. However, that spindle is so quite it is unbelievable - im used to routers and there is no comparison. I have not changed any parameters from the default yet and surely havent moved into seeing if i can control the spindle from my UCCNC. The parameters listed in the sheets below befuddle me.

Downloads
    Uploads

jcarpenter2

Don't run it without the water you will burn the motor out

The parameters have to be set, you can't just turn it on or you will Damage it also, I have found some information on that drive I have to see which Parameters you have to set, just to get it running safely

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well hopefully i havent screwed anything up. Wish i wouldve caught your comment sooner since i just got done running the spindle for ten minutes. I have hooked up a temporary water supply to it though, even though the pump is very small. The water changed one degree in ten minutes of running at 400hz. I did not notice any disruption so maybe my parameters are not to far off. Waiting anxiously to see what you come up with on those parameter changes that need to happen. I have not messed with any of the panel buttons though, as i am worried i push the wrong one and create havoc. I am still in awe at how quite that motor is.

Downloads
    Uploads

jcarpenter2

Here is what you have to check or reset

Pn02=400

Pn08=10 to be adjusted higher if you get a fault
    Pn09=10 to be adjusted higher if you get a fault

Pn10=400
    Pn11=100
    Pn12=400

There should be a voltage Amp and Pole setting that I don't have in the information that I have

I have not found the correct information for your VFD, you should contact the supplier and get a PDF of the manual

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did get a response from the seller.
    "And you needn't set the voltage and current of the inverter at this time.
    Such a design is to simplify use for our customers.so you can quickly know how to apply it.
    If any quedtion else,pls feel free to contact us."
    Cant say its much help

They also sent a response on my question about connecting the gecko 540 to the vfd. However, it is right out of the manual, which still reads like hieroglyphics to me.
    Your device is connected with the following methods:
    FWD is a positive signal.
    Rev is the reverse signal
    GND is the input common
    Use this function only need to pn04=2 will be able to,
    This is the reverse of the external,
    External speed control using the following functions
    Pn03=3 (external 5V speed, 5Vin is the input signal, GND is the common signal)
    Pn03=4 (external 10V speed, 10Vin is the input signal, GND is the common signal)
    Other parameters do not need to be adjusted,
    If it's just a test,
    We send you the default argument,
    Press RUN to start the panel, press STOP to stop.
    best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

jcarpenter2

That's good about the voltage Etc it is doing auto sensing to set these Parameters, but the others I gave you you need those to be correct, this is how you look at them

I think you should of started your own thread, other's that get this same VFD won't find it on this thread

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle-control-panel-png  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A seperate thread would of been easier, but I did finally find it. After significant searching and much unnecessary reading of other things. I just wish there was more info on this vfd that was easier to obtain for newbies like me.

sent from some loaction dat has da interwebs

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I have a cnc router xj1325 with the gdz-24-1 motor, I had a drawback, it blocked the flow of water, and when I uncapped the motor cut the internal cables of the pin connector, 1 yellow, 2 red and 1 brown, I'm looking for the manual or see how I re-solder them in the position of the pins that they are, but I can not find, could you help me with that information? Thank you

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle-img_2100-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I have a cnc router xj1325 with the gdz-24-1 motor, I had a drawback, it blocked the flow of water, and when I uncapped the motor cut the internal cables of the pin connector, 1 yellow, 2 red and 1 brown, I'm looking for the manual or see how I re-solder them in the position of the pins that they are, but I can not find, could you help me with that information? Thank you

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle-img_2100-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

hy, guys need some help here with some advice, i am from romania, and at my work we have "stuffed spindle motor" it wont pass water at all, i use it for engraving granite and marble, we engrave 3 words and it heat up the we have to stop to cooldown, what is the best advice/solution for a "stuffed motor"? please anyone with some advice, pm me!

A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle-52746942_2592688460773812_236819351330619392_n-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Buy a new one.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gawduriel View Post
    hy, guys need some help here with some advice, i am from romania, and at my work we have "stuffed spindle motor" it wont pass water at all, i use it for engraving granite and marble, we engrave 3 words and it heat up the we have to stop to cooldown, what is the best advice/solution for a "stuffed motor"? please anyone with some advice, pm me!

A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle-52746942_2592688460773812_236819351330619392_n-jpg
    You most likely have corrosion in the water ways, did you use a corrosion inhibitor in the water supply, just like you do for your car without it there will be a build up inside the water ways and they will block up, you could try air pressure to clean it out

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

try some vinegar to clean out the passage in the cooling side with some air pressure. But do not use above 20 psi

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah... thanks guys for replies, we did tried all methods and none worked, thank God my boss alredy did order a new one!

Downloads
    Uploads

so it did arrive the new spindle motor and my boss asked whats this on the motor?A Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle-59285644_307659293472327_7400714158406107136_n-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

and the second imageA Look Inside a Chinese 3.0kW Water Cooled Spindle-59432379_1118508901672983_2656616286812897280_n-jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123