Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here! - Page 40

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303738394041 LastLast

Thread: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

yes i have a potentiometer on my VFD and works perfectly in operator mode PD001 - 0
    Mine has a jumper you need to move if using Vin as the speed control.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shaun348 View Post
    I'm hoping this thread is still viewed and someone can help.
    I have a HY inverter Model 02D223B and a 2.2KW 220v 400hz spindle

The spindle and VFD were running ok with a XHC MKX-V Mach3 Breakout Board and Mach3 but had issues with the stepper motors so i have reconfigured the CNC with a CSMIO IP-S and SIM CNC software and have now eliminated that issue but after re wiring the VFD to the new controller i'm now having issues with it and the VFD. Unfortunately en-labs are not the best for communication or help with set up issues

The VFD works fine via the operator control panel and speed can be controlled but when trying to control it via the CSMIO IP-S i get nothing

The VDF parameters are as follows

PD000=0
    PD001=1
    PD002=1
    PD003=400
    PD004=400
    PD005=400
    PD007=20
    PD008=220
    PD009=15
    PD010=8
    PD011=120
    PD014 Accel=10
    PD015 Deccl=10
    PD070=0
    PD072=400
    PD073=120
    PD141=220
    PD142=11
    PD143=2
    PD144=3000
    I have checked all other parameters against the manual are all ok/ factory settings

The above settings seem to be correct as per previous posts. I have wired the VFD as per diagram provided by en-labs whiuch is below ( i now know Reverse is not needed and can be dangerous and willl remove after posting this)

Attachment 484146

the VFD is wired
    VI 0-10v Analog
    ACM - GND

FOR - Digital output 1 (24v supply)
    REV - Digtail outout 3 (24v supply)
    DCM - 0v supply

FA & FB is wired into the CSMIO IP-S and the spindle fault relay is working ok
    The Software and controller i think are working ok as when i turn the spindle on via the controller i get 0-10v across VI and ACM which can be controlled, the query i have is that i get 22.5v across either FOR or REV and DCM when in idle or estop state but when i switch the spindle on the controller the voltage increases to 24v. I'm waiting to here back from en labs to see if this is correct.
    Normally on this VFD Drive it is best to use a Relay to turn it 0N/0FF the control 24v would be used to activate a Relay input there is no Voltage required to switch FOR and DCM

So, if your control has a Rely output use that, to control the FOR / DCM terminals= 0N/0ff this circuit should have NO voltage this is just a switch between FOR / DCM

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by shaun348 View Post
    I'm hoping this thread is still viewed and someone can help.
    I have a HY inverter Model 02D223B and a 2.2KW 220v 400hz spindle

The spindle and VFD were running ok with a XHC MKX-V Mach3 Breakout Board and Mach3 but had issues with the stepper motors so i have reconfigured the CNC with a CSMIO IP-S and SIM CNC software and have now eliminated that issue but after re wiring the VFD to the new controller i'm now having issues with it and the VFD. Unfortunately en-labs are not the best for communication or help with set up issues

The VFD works fine via the operator control panel and speed can be controlled but when trying to control it via the CSMIO IP-S i get nothing
    [...]
    Hi Shaun,

I created another scheme for you, that is, I expanded the one I sent you previously. I hope it helps this time. Also, pay attention to the parameter numbers that I indicate because they are crucial.

https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uplo...vfd-simcnc.jpg

Regards,
    WT
    CS-Lab Team

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNC support View Post
    Hi Shaun,

I created another scheme for you, that is, I expanded the one I sent you previously. I hope it helps this time. Also, pay attention to the parameter numbers that I indicate because they are crucial.

https://en.cs-lab.eu/wp-content/uplo...vfd-simcnc.jpg

Regards,
    WT
    CS-Lab Team
    That looks to be correct and the normal way to do it, you don't use Reverse with your spindle so that would eliminate that part of it.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalipsis View Post
    Yo Christian, thanks for your quick answer, so can you please help me with this conf- ?? i have read the whole manual and still i think im doing it ok.

Which are the parameters on the VFD that i should check?

Thanks in advance

Edit 1. Yes it looks like the freq. on the parameter 4 its on 50 HZ, but it cannot be changed to a higher one.

Edit 2. Now taking a better inspection Pd003 (according the manual MAIN FREQUENCY) remains on 50Hz, cannot be changed to a higher freq im assuming that this is the input frequency. , Pd004 now i set it on 60Hz but i read somewhere that is better to put a higher value (400 was the recommended frequency). Is this safe for the VFD? Now Pd005 must be 60Hz or should i also changed it to 400 Hz?
    I understand this thread is almost 10 years old, but I need to provide caution. DO NOT SET PD004 and PD005 TO 60!!!!!!!!!!! SET PD004 and PD005 to 400!!!! You will burn up your spindle! if you use 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize if this has been gone over before. I scanned the thread but I couldn't find it.

I am prepping to set up a HY 110V 2.2kW VFD to use with a HY 110V, 2.2kW, 400HZ spindle.

The manual is making me crazy. Specifically I am having trouble understanding the settings for PD006 , 7, 9 and 10. The manual states these are important and can cause issues if they are not set correctly.

I wrote to HY through Amazon. Here is what I sent:

HelloI just purchased the 110V, 2.2KW VFD. I plan to use it with a Huanyang 110V, 2.2KW spindle.
    The manual that came with my VFD does not have settings for the 110v in charts.
    I do not know how to set my spindle for a curve of constant torque. Specifically I am confused about settings PD006, PD007, Pd009 and PD010.
    Do you have any documentation that will be helpful?
    Thank you
    They replied:

PD006, PD007, Pd009 and PD010.
    These are not necessary parameter Settings
    pd005=400,pd004 =400pd003=400 pd072=400,pd144=3000
    pd008=110
    Set these parameters, and then the input wire is connected to R and T terminals, and the output wire is connected to the UVW terminal
    So, other than setting the VFD to accept signals from my controller, is this all I need to do??? Leave the VFD at default setting and make these specific changes???? The manual specifiically states that getting the above mentioned settings wrong can cause damage.

Can anyone translate what these settings actually mean? Or... If I just need to study up some more... Can someone point to where I can find this info? I don't mind doing the "woodshed" time but I can't seem to find specific answers.

Again, forgive me if this has already been covered. I scanned this thread and others but I very well could have missed it.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMental View Post
    I apologize if this has been gone over before. I scanned the thread but I couldn't find it.

I am prepping to set up a HY 110V 2.2kW VFD to use with a HY 110V, 2.2kW, 400HZ spindle.

The manual is making me crazy. Specifically I am having trouble understanding the settings for PD006 , 7, 9 and 10. The manual states these are important and can cause issues if they are not set correctly.

I wrote to HY through Amazon. Here is what I sent:

They replied:

So, other than setting the VFD to accept signals from my controller, is this all I need to do??? Leave the VFD at default setting and make these specific changes???? The manual specifiically states that getting the above mentioned settings wrong can cause damage.

Can anyone translate what these settings actually mean? Or... If I just need to study up some more... Can someone point to where I can find this info? I don't mind doing the "woodshed" time but I can't seem to find specific answers.

Again, forgive me if this has already been covered. I scanned this thread and others but I very well could have missed it.

Thanks
    Well, you need a lot more than just those Parameters set, they are just covering the needed Parameters, so you don't smoke the spindle or drive on first try

The problem is the 2.2Kw spindle won't run very well on your 120v single phase supply unless you have a 40A circuit minimum the spindle can use up to 10A for 220v model the single-phase supply to the VFD Drive for the 220v spindle requires 20A to 25A minimum single-phase circuit, so using 120v single-phase will need double that of the 240v circuit

It will run on a 120v Single Phase Circuit, without the required Amps it will perform very poorly, I never recommend more than a 1.5Kw spindle for 120v single phase supply

It is quite easy to calculate the missing Parameters you are referring too, the Parameters that are throughout this thread, yours are no different than a 220v /240v spindle only the voltage has to be changed

Your Voltage to Hz ratio is 400/110= 3.636 this is what you have to use to calculate the mid Voltage

The manual does not provide any mid voltage / frequency information for a 400Hz spindle only 50Hz / 60Hz, so this has to be calculated

So, you have a Minimum Speed and a Max

6,000=100Hz

7,200=120Hz the preferred Minimum speed

15,600=260Hz mid Hz Mid voltage=94.5v

24,000=400Hz

These numbers are only for 110v Spindle, if any of the speeds are changed from these Parameter settings then the Mid Frequency / Voltage would have to be recalculated

Mactec54

Thanks so much for the reply.

I must admit, your response regarding the frequencies and voltages confused me even more. So I started going back through the thread again and I saw where you gave help to other people and the settings you recommended for them.

Then at post 91, I finally found a bit of an explanation as to what these mean. This is the part that was eluding me. Frankly, I couldn't understand the wording of the Chinese to English in my manual.

So, unless I still don't understand... You have three points (min, mid, max) of frequency and voltage. This would be 6 parameters. From this you create the torque curve.

Unfortunately I am out of time for the night. I plan on going back and forth between your posts and see if I can make any more sense of it.

BTW - I wish I had the 220V but I was able to get my present system used from a known source. The spindle has less than 2 hours of use. I am at least running it on a 30A service. I realize the math doesn't work for 2.2KW and 110V. But I kind of figured it was like my 6HP shop vac. 6 x 746W = 4.48KW This divided by 120V = 37.3 amps. So I realize that I am not going to have a 3Hp spindle. I am OK with that. I am basically just going to be cutitng wood.

However, seeing that it is water cooled I was hoping to be able to neck the RPM down to 100. I don't intend to make cuts at that speed but I would like to be able to use a wobble type edge finder.

Anyway, thanks again for the response.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks so much for the reply.

I must admit, your response regarding the frequencies and voltages confused me even more. So I started going back through the thread again and I saw where you gave help to other people and the settings you recommended for them.

Then at post 91, I finally found a bit of an explanation as to what these mean. This is the part that was eluding me. Frankly, I couldn't understand the wording of the Chinese to English in my manual.

So, unless I still don't understand... You have three points (min, mid, max) of frequency and voltage. This would be 6 parameters. From this you create the torque curve.

Unfortunately I am out of time for the night. I plan on going back and forth between your posts and see if I can make any more sense of it.

BTW - I wish I had the 220V but I was able to get my present system used from a known source. The spindle has less than 2 hours of use. I am at least running it on a 30A service. I realize the math doesn't work for 2.2KW and 110V. But I kind of figured it was like my 6HP shop vac. 6 x 746W = 4.48KW This divided by 120V = 37.3 amps. So I realize that I am not going to have a 3Hp spindle. I am OK with that. I am basically just going to be cutitng wood.

However, seeing that it is water cooled I was hoping to be able to neck the RPM down to 100. I don't intend to make cuts at that speed but I would like to be able to use a wobble type edge finder.

Anyway, thanks again for the response.
    You can use a laser edge finder which is more accurate, and you don't need to run the spindle or a Led Edge Finder

Post 91 is incorrect, that is if you were using a 50Hz 60Hz motor then that would apply you are using a 400Hz motor so all Parameters are different for these highspeed spindles

You can't run these spindles below 6,000 RPM, if you try to run it lower you will be able to stop it with your hand there is no useful torque below this speed and there will be even less running on 120v

So, the minimum speed setting in your case is 7200 RPM=120Hz, anything below this for the minimum speed the spindle will stall

Your Spindle running on 120v @ 9A will only be just over 1000W so you won't be able to take very heavy cuts, or you will stall the spindle

These are the Parameters you need to set for your spindle the Torque curve will still be linear, as your email reply said you don't need to set those other Parameters or if you do you can use what I posted

Huanyang Mactec54
    2.2Kw 110v 400Hz Water Cooled / Air Cooled

PD000=0 (1 For Parameter Lock)

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 (1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control)
    (J1 Also Needs to be set for Remote Terminal Control 1-2 jumper connection)

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD006=5

PD007=20

PD008=110 (Motor Rated Voltage)

PD009=15

PD010=15

PD011=120 (120 Minimum Setting For 110v Spindles)

PD013= 08 (is for Factory reset Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings)

PD014 Acceleration=8 (Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=8 (Adjust to suit)

PD023=0 (Forward Run Only)

PD041=8 (Carrier Frequency up to 10 Max for these Spindle motors)

PD120=100 (Stall Prevention)

PD141=110 (Motor Rated Voltage)

PD142=9 (Motor Max Amps 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp)

PD143=2 (Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) 3,000= (24,000)

PD070=0 (This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v)

PD072=400

PD073=120 (120 Minimum Setting 110v Spindles)

PD174=11 (To Be Set to the VFD Drives Max Rated Output Amps)

Last edited by mactec54; 09-30-2022 at 11:29 AM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Your VFD Drive driven Spindle is nothing like your shop vac and can't be compared electrically, your shop vac is 60Hz 120v Single Phase, your spindle is 400Hz 110v 3Phase and is powered by a VFD Drive which is 120v Single Phase Input, and 110v 3 Phase Output, your Shop Vac is just 120v Single Phase there is nothing that you can compare too, the amperage use is very different just remember you are converting 120v Single Phase to 110v 3Phase

Mactec54

Oh wow! Thank you! That is very generous of your time. I appreciate it.

I am going to study up on this a little more. Someone told me once that the advantage of the VFD is that it has constant torque throughout the RPM range. It is good to know better.

Regarding the shop vac: I understand the difference in motors but I can see in my post to where it wouldn't seem that way. All I was getting at is that I figured HY was being generous with their specs the same way a vacuum mfg uses inrush current to advertise horsepower.

Hopefully this upgrade will actually be just that. I was using a Makita trim router previously.

--

Quick question: Our service around here is 120V rather than 110V. Would it be better if I recalculate for that voltage?

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh wow! Thank you! That is very generous of your time. I appreciate it.

I am going to study up on this a little more. Someone told me once that the advantage of the VFD is that it has constant torque throughout the RPM range. It is good to know better.

Regarding the shop vac: I understand the difference in motors but I can see in my post to where it wouldn't seem that way. All I was getting at is that I figured HY was being generous with their specs the same way a vacuum mfg uses inrush current to advertise horsepower.

Hopefully this upgrade will actually be just that. I was using a Makita trim router previously.

--

Quick question: Our service around here is 120V rather than 110V. Would it be better if I recalculate for that voltage?
    All NA service Voltage is 120v /240v for Single Phase, the Motor Name Plate is what sets all Parameters

The calculation is using what your spindle Voltage is 110v nothing on the outside of the VFD Drives input has any relationship to the Spindle Name Plate Spec's this is what is Programed by your Parameters

Don't expect to much as you will only have around 1080w from your 2200w spindle 9A @110v=1080w and that is with a power factor of 1 which you won't have with this setup

This is why an 800w to 1.5Kw spindle is the max for a 120v supply, it is always better though to run a 240v Single Phase supply for these spindles though, this would be a 240v 30A 4 wire supply which you can then use for your whole machine

A good warning for any others that may be reading these posts is to never buy a used or new 110v 2.2Kw spindle

Mactec54

The calculation is using what your spindle Voltage is 110v nothing on the outside of the VFD Drives input has any relationship to the Spindle Name Plate Spec's this is what is Programed by your Parameters
    Ahh! Makes sense! Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec, I followed the instructions for connecting the aforementioned 2.2Kw set up with a planetCNC 0-10v POT/ 3 relay board. I connected the relay board to my huanyang HY02D211B exactly how it’s shown in planetCNC’s guide. I can get the spindle to turn on in analog but not through the software using the output board.
    My question is this- the output board has a location on it for power hookup 12v and ground but the planetCNC guide doesn’t show it connected. And the guide used a huanyang too. Am I suppose to supply 12v source to get the relays to work?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Drawkward View Post
    Hi Mactec, I followed the instructions for connecting the aforementioned 2.2Kw set up with a planetCNC 0-10v POT/ 3 relay board. I connected the relay board to my huanyang HY02D211B exactly how it’s shown in planetCNC’s guide. I can get the spindle to turn on in analog but not through the software using the output board.
    My question is this- the output board has a location on it for power hookup 12v and ground but the planetCNC guide doesn’t show it connected. And the guide used a huanyang too. Am I suppose to supply 12v source to get the relays to work?
    Got a 12v power supply. Missed part of the instructions. Disregard that question. Thanks

I am finally to the point of bench testing my spindle / VFD.

As much as I would prefer 220V, I have the 110V, 2.2Kw spindle and VFD from Huanyang.

I have entered the settings provided by Mactec54.

The spindle comes up and runs fine. However, the maximum RPM I can get is 16020... at least according to the readout on the VFD. I believe the Hz shows around 240. (I don't remember ATM)

This is supposed to be a 24K RPM spindle.

I have double and triple checked that PD144 is set to 3000.

For testing, I am using the potentiometer on the panel to control RPM.

The only discrepancy I am finding is that some websites are saying that the motor is 4 pole vs 2 pole... but for the life of me I can't find specs.

I really do appreciate the help here.

Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_3297-jpgHuanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_3298-jpg

Just in case I am missing something... which I usually am... here are pictures of the name-plates on my actual devices.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_3297-jpg   Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_3298-jpg  

I just did a little more testing.

Using the pot on the control panel, the VFD only reaches 16020 RPM. Looking at the Hz it is at 267. This makes sense since 267 X 60 (mains frequency) = 16020.

So, theoretically if the Hz would go to 400 then the RPM would get to 24000. 400 x 60 = 24000

So any ideas why the maximum freqency I can get out of the VFD is 267?

I just did a factory reset and re-entered the values.

I have been going over the manual and I must be missing something.

BTW - I found a PDF of my actual manual and I have attached it in case it might help someone else.

EDIT - For some reason the PDF (12Meg) wouldn't upload.

Last edited by HeavyMental; 11-12-2022 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Couldn't get file to upload

Downloads
    Uploads

I just did a little more testing.

Using the pot on the control panel, the VFD only reaches 16020 RPM. Looking at the Hz it is at 267. This makes sense since 267 X 60 (mains frequency) = 16020.

So, theoretically if the Hz would go to 400 then the RPM would get to 24000. 400 x 60 = 24000

So any ideas why the maximum freqency I can get out of the VFD is 267?

I just did a factory reset and re-entered the values.

I have been going over the manual and I must be missing something.

BTW - I found a PDF of my actual manual and I have attached it in case it might help someone else.

EDIT - For some reason the PDF (12Meg) wouldn't upload.
    What Parameters did you use, the VFD Drive is 400Hz so there is no problem in reaching 400Hz 24,000 RPM if the Parameters are set correct.

I just looked at the spindle specs 110v 2.2Kw this is not a good size spindle to be using on a 120v supply as it will never give you anywhere near 2.2Kw what is the Amp rating on the spindle

Mactec54

I used the settings that you posted for me earlier in this thread. (Thanks again.)

Someone else sent a link to Automation Technologies where they listed basically the same settings you listed with a few differences.

But I have checked and double checked that PD003, PD004, PD005 and PD072 are set to 400 and that PD144 is set to 3000.

In fact, even though the VFD is new, I did a factory reset and entered everything a second time... just to make sure there were no errant settings somehow.

Listed belown is what I worked from. The italicized are some settings I was curious about.

I have tried changing PD006 to 3 because I am to understand that 2.5 is for 50Hz.

Looking at the manual I was wondering about PD009 and PD010. It seems as if they need to be lowered for my 110V VFD since those settings are for 220.

All that being said, I can't imagine how these would affect the max frequency.

From CNCZONE Forum From Automation Technologies
    PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control) PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)
    PD002=0 (1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control) PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )
    (J1 Also Needs to be set for Remote Terminal Control 1-2 jumper connection) ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control)
    PD003=400 PD003=400
    PD004=400 PD004=400
    PD005=400 PD005=400
    PD006=5
    PD007=20 PD007=20
    PD008=110 (Motor Rated Voltage) PD008=110 (Motor Rated Voltage, If you have 220v spindle then set to 220v )
    PD009=15 PD009=15
    PD010=15 PD010=8
    PD011=120 (120 Minimum Setting For 110v Spindles) PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting with Quality VFD, 120 is Safe)
    PD013= 08 (is for Factory reset Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings) PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings
    PD014 Acceleration=8 (Adjust to suit) PD014 Acceleration = 12 ( Adjust to suit)
    PD015 Deceleration=8 (Adjust to suit) PD015 Deceleration=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)
    PD041=8 (Carrier Frequency up to 10 Max for these Spindle motors)
    PD120=100 (Stall Prevention)
    PD141=110 (Motor Rated Voltage) PD141=110 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (220 for VFD Rated for 220v )
    PD142=9 (Motor Max Amps 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp) PD142=9 (Motor Max Amps 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp)
    PD143=2 (Motor Number of Poles) PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)
    PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) 3,000= (24,000) PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)
    PD070=0 (This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v) PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )
    PD072=400 PD72=400
    PD073=120 (120 Minimum Setting 110v Spindles) PD73=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting )
    PD174=11 (To Be Set to the VFD Drives Max Rated Output Amps)

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303738394041 LastLast