Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here! - Page 35

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2532333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

admin

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    This is not new we all know that you can jumper this connection,( I have posted that before, for testing use only) the reason you need a relay is it is not safe to use without it

The Parameters are also what has been posted hundreds of times

So for anyone reading this post, this does not eliminate the use of a relay, when using PWM control, a Relay must be used for safety reasons
    I plan to use a hardwired switch rather than a relay for safety purposes, so when needing to change a tool or interact with the spindle I will use the switch to ensure it cannot turn on, but I still want the ability to shut off the spindle when idle using just gcode commands. The problem I'm running into is I cannot get the spindle to stop with a M3S0 or M5 command.

Which parameters should I be looking at.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Hello,

Great thread. I have a 2.2kw spindle and the 3hp Hyuang VFD for it.

I am running an Acorn board and controlling the spindle with the software. I have controllable voltage from the board from 0 to 10 v. I have p001 set at 1 for remote control and p002 set at 1 for remote freq control.

When I run a program the spindle turns on and runs up to 400hz when the s16000 is what was called in the g code?

Is the remote considered a “pot” and do I need to configure p070, p 071 and p 072?

Thank you

Phil

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Firepilot View Post
    Hello,

Great thread. I have a 2.2kw spindle and the 3hp Hyuang VFD for it.

I am running an Acorn board and controlling the spindle with the software. I have controllable voltage from the board from 0 to 10 v. I have p001 set at 1 for remote control and p002 set at 1 for remote freq control.

When I run a program the spindle turns on and runs up to 400hz when the s16000 is what was called in the g code?

Is the remote considered a “pot” and do I need to configure p070, p 071 and p 072?

Thank you

Phil
    Cut and paste what Parameters you have set as they all have to be correct for the speed to work correctly

J1 Jumper also has to be set for Remote Control

PD070=0 for 0-10v ( 1 ) for 0-5v

PD072=400

PD073=120

PD071 is not used leave at the default of 20

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Cut and paste what Parameters you have set as they all have to be correct for the speed to work correctly

J1 Jumper also has to be set for Remote Control

PD070=0 for 0-10v ( 1 ) for 0-5v

PD072=400

PD073=120

PD071 is not used leave at the default of 20
    I think you have 72 and 73 backwards. PD072 is shown as meaning lower "analog" frequency. Default is 50 since motors will heat up badly at low rpm. because there's little back EMF from the windings.

PD073 is max "analog" frequency with default of zero, which I guess mean no limit, so effectively 400Hz = 24000 rpm for these units.

You also need PD002 =1 to set "external" input for frequency control. PD001=1 if you want remote on/off ie M3/M5

Then set PD044 ( or 45,46 ) =1 to set D1 ( or D2,D3 ) input terminal to use for on/off input . See p37 for more on that.

I used the following opto-isolator cct to interface to my controller CPU's GPIO lines:

Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-vfd-opto-interface-cct-png

Many thanks to OP for post the link to the doc. I have mislaid my paper manual and this is a life-saver.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by reg.miller View Post
    I think you have 72 and 73 backwards. PD072 is shown as meaning lower "analog" frequency. Default is 50 since motors will heat up badly at low rpm. because there's little back EMF from the windings.

PD073 is max "analog" frequency with default of zero, which I guess mean no limit, so effectively 400Hz = 24000 rpm for these units.

You also need PD002 =1 to set "external" input for frequency control. PD001=1 if you want remote on/off ie M3/M5

Then set PD044 ( or 45,46 ) =1 to set D1 ( or D2,D3 ) input terminal to use for on/off input . See p37 for more on that.

I used the following opto-isolator cct to interface to my controller CPU's GPIO lines:

Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-vfd-opto-interface-cct-png

Many thanks to OP for post the link to the doc. I have mislaid my paper manual and this is a life-saver.
    No they are correct as per manual and have not changed in the last 10 years

From the manual

PD072 Higher Analog Frequency

PD073 Lower Analog Frequency

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

No they are correct as per manual and have not changed in the last 10 years

From the manual

PD072 Higher Analog Frequency

PD073 Lower Analog Frequency
    Well here is a snip from the manual in the link provided by OP:

Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-huanyang-snip-png

... which is from about ten years ago. So assuming it has not changed in 10y as you suggest, it still appears you are wrong. What are you going from? do you have a current paper copy?

[EDIT] Well that's cool, I've just tested on the machine , PD072 was set to declared factory default of 50 and , if I set up remote speed setting, it gives 50Hz. Set it to 400 and I get 400Hz (24000rpm) !

So mactec is correct and Huag Yang has it wrong. Maybe it did change in 10y or they realised what the words higher and lower mean and corrected the doc. I don't recall seeing an error when I set up the last one, so presumably the printed manual which I bought with the unit is correct, and this 10y old pdf is wrong.

This is not too surprising with Chinese doc. , I'm sure the guy who wrote it does not understand more English than I can read Chinese. He was just given a job of using Google to translate the manual.

Last edited by reg.miller; 12-24-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: to change it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by reg.miller View Post
    Well here is a snip from the manual in the link provided by OP:

Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-huanyang-snip-png

... which is from about ten years ago. So assuming it has not changed in 10y as you suggest, it still appears you are wrong. What are you going from? do you have a current paper copy?

[EDIT] Well that's cool, I've just tested on the machine , PD072 was set to declared factory default of 50 and , if I set up remote speed setting, it gives 50Hz. Set it to 400 and I get 400Hz (24000rpm) !

So mactec is correct and Huag Yang has it wrong. Maybe it did change in 10y or they realised what the words higher and lower mean and corrected the doc. I don't recall seeing an error when I set up the last one, so presumably the printed manual which I bought with the unit is correct, and this 10y old pdf is wrong.

This is not too surprising with Chinese doc. , I'm sure the guy who wrote it does not understand more English than I can read Chinese. He was just given a job of using Google to translate the manual.
    You may be looking at a copy of the same VFD Drive manual there are may copies that look and are named the same made by different manufactures but do have different settings there are some tell tail things when you look at the VFD Drive to see if you have a genuine Huanyang or not

It is very clear in there manuals how each function works, there English translation is very good, and is better than most, I have most of there manuals and 80 other different VFD Drive manufacturers also

You also can not use VFD Drive internal Switch's / Relays for controlling the VFD Drives On / Off they are for controlling external functions, like turning on other devices, for safety and for doing Resets Etc after a fault if used

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    Have a "new" TB 6600 4 axis breakout board. I have it up and running with the HY VFD 2.2Kw single phase. The BOB has the 10V spindle control which I don't want to use as I prefer the pot mounted on the VFD. What I would like to do is control the spindle on/off by Mach3. and not the front mounted panel of the VFD. From what I have read here I need a relay to connect terminals DCM to FOR, if my understanding is correctVFD . As there are 2 relays on the TB6600 BOB can I use one of these relays to make the connection? Then change the relevant VFD program Pd numbers accordingly.
    Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-tb6600-board-inputs-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chopper13 View Post
    Hi
    Have a "new" TB 6600 4 axis breakout board. I have it up and running with the HY VFD 2.2Kw single phase. The BOB has the 10V spindle control which I don't want to use as I prefer the pot mounted on the VFD. What I would like to do is control the spindle on/off by Mach3. and not the front mounted panel of the VFD. From what I have read here I need a relay to connect terminals DCM to FOR, if my understanding is correctVFD . As there are 2 relays on the TB6600 BOB can I use one of these relays to make the connection? Then change the relevant VFD program Pd numbers accordingly.
    Cheers
    Yes you can if they are not used for anything else, you will just have to configure the Relay in your control software to turn one of the Relays on with M3 and off with M5 and wire the Relay output to For and DCM this is just a switch with no voltage on the output of the Relay to the VFD

You may have to change ( 1 ) of your Parameters for remote use

Where you have the red block labeled VFD on your Board that does not look correct for the 0-10v speed control, so before using check to see what it does, by what I see it looks like a 10v supply which would not work

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I wasn't planing on using the 0-10v speed control, but it is supposed to be variable voltage. Until checked I wouldn't rely on the specs alone! Just the on/off facility. It is a pain in the butt having to wait around for the program to finish so the spindle can be switched off manually. Especially as I have some very long 3D programs to run.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the 0-10V is a constant 10V output, not variable.
    So I'm going with one relay to switch on/off and changing Pb 001=1 for external control on/off, leaving one relay for the coolant flooding. I had long argued with the supplier of my router that the spindle didn't go more than 14000 rpm. Now this BOB is up and running there is definitely a big difference in the spindle speed.
    Now I have grown a pair of the proverbial, next will be seeing if I can figure out some reprogramming of the old VFD, of unknown parentage to get the 2400 rpm it is supposed to give.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, the 0-10V is a constant 10V output, not variable.
    So I'm going with one relay to switch on/off and changing Pb 001=1 for external control on/off, leaving one relay for the coolant flooding. I had long argued with the supplier of my router that the spindle didn't go more than 14000 rpm. Now this BOB is up and running there is definitely a big difference in the spindle speed.
    Now I have grown a pair of the proverbial, next will be seeing if I can figure out some reprogramming of the old VFD, of unknown parentage to get the 2400 rpm it is supposed to give.
    That's what it looked like to me just looking at your board, that it was a 10v output only

What VFD Drive do you have and what are the spindle spec's I may have the Parameters that you need

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,
    You did have the parameters. I used the parameter set you have listed here and it worked first time. I have changed PB001 from 0 to 1 and now have spindle is on/off from Mach3 and the speed adjustment is from the VFD trim pot, manually. I'm using a HY VFD 2.2Kw and a 1.5Kw 7amp spindle. Now to get the second relay switching 230v AC for the cutting fluid system.
    My personal E-mail regarding the mains filter for my VFD put me in no doubt what I was going to use to program it.
    Thank you for your help and have a happy New Year.
    Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec54,
    You did have the parameters. I used the parameter set you have listed here and it worked first time. I have changed PB001 from 0 to 1 and now have spindle is on/off from Mach3 and the speed adjustment is from the VFD trim pot, manually. I'm using a HY VFD 2.2Kw and a 1.5Kw 7amp spindle. Now to get the second relay switching 230v AC for the cutting fluid system.
    My personal E-mail regarding the mains filter for my VFD put me in no doubt what I was going to use to program it.
    Thank you for your help and have a happy New Year.
    Cheers
    Have a Great New Year as well

When you posted this ( figure out some reprogramming of the old VFD, of unknown parentage to get the 2400 rpm it is supposed to give. ) I thought you had a problem with the spindle speed it should not change with just using adding the Relay for On / Off

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I found myself in the position that I had this Black Box controller with little information from the Chinese supplier with a BOB no one recognised. Yes it worked but only the 4 axis. The spindle only ran around 14000 rpm max and it was wired for Mach3 control but the VFD was never programmed up to do so. The limit and tool height wiring is there as well, oddly the supplier didn't even know it was wired up for all this!
    After 3 years of asking for the information every week they decided it was no longer made and no more communication. Oddly they are still selling this model router now!
    I have to say the router itself is a really good model being a heavy duty 6040 with 100 mm Z axis and rotary axis, As luck has it the Black Box is still chugging along for 5 years or more and hasn't caused a moments trouble, once I was able to sort the set up out.
    Anyway I don't like being in the position of not being able to source spare part so splashed out on a whole new controller, one I know I can get parts for. I even bought another, smaller, Router kit to use as the test bed. Unbeknown to me at the time I seem to have purchased reasonable quality parts. I had to thank the original supplier for being so helpful that I bought my routers from another more responsive supplier.
    I have corrected some minor machining mistakes and gone way over the top with water cooling the stepper motors and building a self contained dust extractor system. Why because I could! So now it has the capacity to run all day on 3D cutting never going over 24C. I was putting in a radiator cooling system anyway so why not do the steppers.
    All I have left to do is swap over the controllers and get the Warp9 ESS up and running again.
    Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow. I thought now just swap over the controllers and I'm good to go. Spindle didn't like it. So investigated the Black Box, spaghetti junction and the VFD is wired up with earth (black) to pin 1 and green wire to pin 4 current! Looks like some wiring needs to happen here to standardise the VFD wiring.So much for a quick swap over! I guess the easy option is to just change the pin allocation, but that kind of leaves the mess for the next owner who knows no better, until they try to make some changes. Don't think I can do that in good conscience. At least I still have 2 spindles that work, not yet burn!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello friends

I have HY vfd 1.5kw and air cooling spindle 1.5kw
    And I have connect the vfd 1.5kw to ST V2 BREAKOUT through the pwm output.

I have a problem that the G code programe start
    Before the speed of the spindle get the target speed for example M3 S20000.

I I put all the parameters like the attachment file
    Please your help ?

Eli

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-screenshot_20200203-125701_chrome-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I have my dwell set in Mach3 under, ports and pins, spindle set up and then general parameters, bottom middle of the drop down box. Mine is set to 10 ( which I guess is seconds ).

Downloads
    Uploads

I have my dwell set in Mach3 under, ports and pins, spindle set up and then general parameters, bottom middle of the drop down box. Mine is set to 10 ( which I guess is seconds ).
    Hi

I will check that . Thank you very much . I change to RS485 but it's the same . I will try again.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I have there

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-screenshot_20200204-055209_youtube-jpg  

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2532333435363738 ... LastLast