Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here! - Page 5

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by btsioles View Post
    Thanks for the info. So I just ran spindle at 200 Hz for about 5 minutes. Then up to 250 for a few more minutes. Then 300 for a few more. In that 10 minutes or so the round black spindle body above the collet side got warmer than I expected. The square body was not as warm, but was warm to the touch. I hadn't expected it to get warm that fast. I wonder how warm it would get while cutting.

Is this normal?
    Yes that is normal, they will get hot to the touch, I don't know the temperature for your spindle but most get to around 114F to 120F quite fast

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Yes that is normal, they will get hot to the touch, I don't know the temperature for your spindle but most get to around 114F to 120F quite fast
    Alright, thanks so much for the help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there a way to calibrate the input PWM range? For some reason my BOB is only outputting 8.8v at full speed and the vfd never gets up to full speed . Tach measured rpm matches displayed, by is significantly lower than called for by Mach 3. At 24k requested, 22500 is achieved. At 12k requested, 7500 is achieved.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the links and the info MACTEC54. The manual they sent with mine was printed in 4 pt. type: kind of a cruel joke for these old eyes.

Any body know of an inexpensive water cooling system that will work well for my water cooled 2.2 KW Haunyang spindle? I've seen some on e-bay that might work. I'm just a newb trying to guess.
    gb

Last edited by guitarbill; 07-26-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: thank Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't run the spindle from mach3, can help me?
    Huanyang VFD and DDSM3-V5 motion board upload the manuals.
    I think that in doing this I will be able to make thread, yes?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Was reading in an another topic I found on google with some settings beeing posted about torque on low speed. These settings work real good for me. Ofcourse only with watercooled spindles and I might be lucky with a good VFD?

Quote Originally Posted by alan_3301 View Post
    Thanks, my spindle has been in operation for a year now, I am just trying to get some extra low end for the occasional drilling .

I got some data from a user here in another thread who was kind enough to post his settings. I have added it to the graph.
    Attachment 243938

His settings were minimum frequency 1hz,minimum voltage 8v. Intermediate frequency 10hz, Intermediate voltage 36v.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Guys

I am trying to figure out how to wire the speed control of the VFD to this BoB (leeuwing.nl) using MACH3, anybody have any idea?
    The BoB manual says the following:
    The analogue SPindle output will give you a 0-10V signal suitable for connectionto a variable speed drive. The GND must be connected and SIG is the 0-10V
    signal. P0, PW, and P1 are the ‘low’ end, wiper and ‘high’ end of an external
    override potentiometer, use a 10K linear potentiometer. The SW and SW are for
    an external switch, this will disable the circuit when open and this connection
    must be closed for the circuit to work.

Last edited by TmanSA; 08-08-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

TmanSA

It looks like you have it wired correct

Have you checked that you are getting 0-10v out of your Breakout Board, start your spindle in your control software & take it up/down measuring the output from your Breakout Board, if this is ok, then you need to look at your VFD parameter settings for when using 0-10v

Also check that the Relay is turning on when you turn the Spindle on

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nickgroen89 View Post
    Was reading in an another topic I found on google with some settings beeing posted about torque on low speed. These settings work real good for me. Ofcourse only with watercooled spindles and I might be lucky with a good VFD?

What you mean with "real good"? Having significally more torque? At what rpm you have been testing?
    I'm suprised that no one has been doing more experiments with these settings, are everybody running their spindles at 24000rpm??.... After all if we change max freq. from default setting 50hz to 400hz, I guess also those intermediate settings have to be adjusted. At least I would like to get the best possible performance at little lower speeds like 8000-16000 rpm.
    Advices needed, those v/f curves in the user manual are ...chinese.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kmin View Post
    What you mean with "real good"? Having significally more torque? At what rpm you have been testing?
    I'm suprised that no one has been doing more experiments with these settings, are everybody running their spindles at 24000rpm??.... After all if we change max freq. from default setting 50hz to 400hz, I guess also those intermediate settings have to be adjusted. At least I would like to get the best possible performance at little lower speeds like 8000-16000 rpm.
    Advices needed, those v/f curves in the user manual are ...chinese.
    If you have set your Parameters to the correct setting for your Spindle Motor, you can run your Spindle at what the manufacture recommends, 6,000 RPM is not uncommon for these spindles, for you to run yours at 8,000 RPM you would have to know what the minimum frequency setting is, or the minimum RPM is for your Spindle

The safest minimum frequency is 120 Hz for these VFD Drives, with a good quality VFD the minimum can be 100Hz & lower to suit the minimum RPM ( speed ) the manufactures recommend for the spindle being used

The default setting has nothing to do with your spindle, if you set or left it at the default settings, you will damage, sometimes smoke the VFD with your first try

The default settings that your VFD & most other VFD use, are used for standard 3 phase AC motors, not your high frequency, high speed spindles

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I have set my minimum to 100hz and I can run it at 6000rpm (water cooled spindle) but I'd like to get more performance at intermediate speeds and I guess that it is uncorrect to leave PD006 = 2.5hz and PD009 a= 13v since they are factory default intermediate v/f curve points (where max is set at 50hz).

The curve is limited to 3 points, set by 6 parameters. Defaults are:
    PD007=0.5 Minimum Frequency, PD010=8 Minimum Voltage (just a curve point, not effecting minimum frequency limit )
    PD006=2.5 Intermediate Freq., PD009=13 Intermediate Voltage
    PD005=50 Maximum Frequency, PD008=220 Maximum Voltage

...so when changing PD005 to 400Hz (at 220V), how should those intermediate values follow?

Last edited by kmin; 08-09-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

so when changing PD005 to 400Hz (at 220V), how should those intermediate values follow?
    At the minimum speed you have 55v @ 100 Hz=6,000 RPM, Full 220v @ 400 Hz=24,000 RPM

Last edited by mactec54; 08-09-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How you got that 55v at 100hz? Would like to understand the logics....

Anyway, the manual is giving me:

PD005 Max Operating Frequency 50.00~400.00 Hz (factory default 50.00)
    PD006 Intermediate Frequency 0.01~400.00 Hz ( 2.50)
    PD007 Min. Frequency 0.01~20.00 Hz (0.50)
    PD008 Max. Voltage 0.1V— (220)
    PD009 Intermediate Voltage 0.1V— (15)
    PD010 Min. Voltage 0.1~50.0V (8)
    PD011 Frequency Lower Limit 0.00~400.00 Hz (0.00)

*Min.Voltage Value = Intermediate Voltage Value/2
    *The intermediate frequency is 2.5 for the system of 50Hz.

....with PD005 and PD011 I set my max and min limits (100-400) and PD006...PD010 are for V/F curve.
    But why they propose intermediate frequency so low as 2.5Hz (15V) ?

Downloads
    Uploads

How you got that 55v at 100hz? Would like to understand the logics....

Anyway, the manual is giving me:

....with PD005 and PD011 I set my max and min limits (100-400) and PD006...PD010 are for V/F curve.
    But why they propose intermediate frequency so low as 2.5Hz (15V) ?
    As I already said the default VFD Drive settings are for standard 50Hz / 60Hz 3 Phase AC motors

If you run you spindle at the different speeds you will / can see in your VFD screen what the voltage / frequency & amps are, post what you see

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

kmin

The volt's to frequency, is a ratio, 220v divided by 400 Hz gives you the ratio of volts to frequency, once you know were you want to have your best performance from your motor you can then set the voltage by using this ratio, this voltage setting can be increased or lowered, depending on the motor quality, the higher you increase the voltage for a given frequency, the higher the current will be, setting this to high will smoke your motor

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank's mactec54,
    I do undestand the ratio but the tolerances are not clear to me. Nickgroen89 was happy with his intermediate point set as 36V/10Hz with same setup I have. So 6 times higher than ratio of 220V/400Hz!
    Obviously at 100-120 Hz low limit that difference would be less, but significant anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank's mactec54,
    I do undestand the ratio but the tolerances are not clear to me. Nickgroen89 was happy with his intermediate point set as 36V/10Hz with same setup I have. So 6 times higher than ratio of 220V/400Hz!
    Obviously at 100-120 Hz low limit that difference would be less, but significant anyway.
    I think he was just playing with some numbers, with no knowledge of what the outcome would be

I did do some playing with numbers also & found that @ 100 Hz ( 6,000 RPM ) you can use up to a max of 40% increase in the voltage,55v to 77v but at 250 Hz ( 15,000 RPM ) the max increase can only be 12% 137.5v to 154v at 150 Hz it was a max of 20% 82.5v to 99v

The numbers that he is using is more than 650% increase, VFD drives mostly only have a max 150 % before they fault out, if he has this setting just for starting then it would only be active for the ramp up to speed time

For getting more torque PD145 can be adjusted, this is auto torque compensation, Default is 2% to a max of 10%

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, now the whole thing is clear to me.
    By the way, if I'm trying Nickgroen's values on the curve, it's giving 78V at 100Hz and 150V at 250Hz, basically same you got playing with yours. Since he has min limit at 100 or 120Hz, it would be ok.
    Do you know how that auto torque compensation is working?
    Thank's a lot Mactec!!

Downloads
    Uploads

kmin

I would not run, or do the settings that aggressive, they are an absolute Max, what you have to watch for is over saturation of the windings, which can happen very quickly with these aggressive settings, so aim for the middle between the minimum & max voltage, this would be a lot safer

The auto torque compensation, will give your spindle more torque to overcome, a sudden heavy cut, to help prevent the spindle from stalling

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, thank's!

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast