Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here! - Page 38

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofireman View Post
    Legitimately have a headache guys! Been working on this all day long. I have the HuanYang manual, but it's like reading Chinese (joke intended) sometimes.

Main problem is I keep getting an overcurrent error (EoC-A). Here are my components...

Spindle:
    HuanYang GDZ-80-2.2A
    110volt; 2.2kw
    400Jz; 24,000 rpm

VFD:
    HY02D211B
    Input- 110 +/- 20%
    Output- 3PH 0-110AC. 2.2kw. 0.5-400Hz

I just wired up a new electrical connector this morning, and now it seems that I may have a wire crossed or coming into contact with something else?! I've reset the factory settings and set new parameters, but the overcurrent continues. With the dial turned all the way down, I can hit "Run" and as soon as I start to rotate the dial, I hear a click and the error code pops up.

Sincerely appreciate any help!!
    If you have had a short circuit of any kind you will damage the VFD Drive great care has to be taken to make sure none of the wires in the plug can touch and then you want to insolate with silicon or heat shrink tubing each wire

120v and 2.2Kw spindles are not very good run on 120v single phase, 1.5Kw is about the Max for 120v supply

What is your 120v supply amps you most likely don't have enough Amps

A short circuit is bad

Incorrect Parameters set also can damage the VFD and Spindle

Does the VFD Drive still fault when the Spindle is Disconnected at the VFD Drive

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Spindle burned burned

Wattef flowing thru, spindle in horizontal position..
    HY inverter 2,2kW
    Spindle watter cooling 2,2kW

Then Configure the VFD
    PD001 = 1 (external terminal)
    PD002 = 3 (which was not in manual)
    PD044 = 1 (for RUN)
    PD045 = 5 (DIR.......FOR /REW)
    Other settings default.

Now i know , that must be set more seting, but reason why burned in 20 sec about 8000rpm ? To avoid problem on next spindle.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fiury View Post
    Spindle burned burned

Wattef flowing thru, spindle in horizontal position..
    HY inverter 2,2kW
    Spindle watter cooling 2,2kW

Then Configure the VFD
    PD001 = 1 (external terminal)
    PD002 = 3 (which was not in manual)
    PD044 = 1 (for RUN)
    PD045 = 5 (DIR.......FOR /REW)
    Other settings default.

Now i know , that must be set more seting, but reason why burned in 20 sec about 8000rpm ? To avoid problem on next spindle.....
    Was this a 24,000 RPM spindle 400Hz ???

If so it would burn out if you left the VFD Drive at Default settings they must be set for 400Hz and can not be left at 50Hz

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Was this a 24,000 RPM spindle 400Hz ???

If so it would burn out if you left the VFD Drive at Default settings they must be set for 400Hz and can not be left at 50Hz
    Was this a 24,000 RPM spindle 400Hz ??? YES. Is 50Mhz reason why it was burned ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Was this a 24,000 RPM spindle 400Hz ??? YES. Is 50Mhz reason why it was burned ?
    Yes, if you look through what I have posted here you will find the Parameter's you need to set for your spindle, or if you post the complete spindle motor spec's then I can post what Parameters you need to set

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, if you look through what I have posted here you will find the Parameter's you need to set for your spindle, or if you post the complete spindle motor spec's then I can post what Parameters you need to set
    Already read .. thank you mactec54 !

Downloads
    Uploads

I received my HY VFD a couple of days ago. It’s 2.2kw. I wanted to test as soon as possible since it will be couple of months before I complete my build. While Testing with a 2.2kw spindle I noticed that there was a motor spinning sound coming from spindle but collet nut was not spinning. I reset the vfd several times but problem persisted. Removed and reconnected wires on both sides a few times. After spending a couple of hours I decided to open the spindle from top. What I noticed was the numbers on aviation plugs were not matching with internal wiring. #4 pin was supposed to be earth or not connected but inside the spindle it was connected and pin #3 was not connected. Swapping the wires worked without any issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Arjcnc View Post
    I received my HY VFD a couple of days ago. It’s 2.2kw. I wanted to test as soon as possible since it will be couple of months before I complete my build. While Testing with a 2.2kw spindle I noticed that there was a motor spinning sound coming from spindle but collet nut was not spinning. I reset the vfd several times but problem persisted. Removed and reconnected wires on both sides a few times. After spending a couple of hours I decided to open the spindle from top. What I noticed was the numbers on aviation plugs were not matching with internal wiring. #4 pin was supposed to be earth or not connected but inside the spindle it was connected and pin #3 was not connected. Swapping the wires worked without any issue.
    This is common that the Ground is not connected inside the spindle, you have to connect this, this is a first check everyone should do before connecting any power to the spindle, the 4th pin must be Grounded

The correct wiring of the plugs are important when you here something like this with these spindles you have a phase missing or incorrectly wired

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Re: Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!

This thread is an asset to the internet and I'd like to thank Mactec54 for answering all these questions for so many years.

I'm at a loss and nowhere else to turn so hopefully it's not too much of an imposition to ask about setting up a Hyunyang 7.5kw GT series to operate a 5hp 3 phase table saw. The settings are pretty basic according to numerous vids on youtube, but I'd like to mount the vfd on a wall away from the saw for a number of reasons. Is it possible to do this and add an on/off switch at the saw? Is there a way using the green terminals to program a remote on/off switch?

If it isn't possible to locate the VFD remotely it seems wise to protect it from dust which in my mind means enclosing it and adding a fan and filters to remove heat. That adds another layer since there is no 12vdc power or even 120vac to power the fan at the saw unless I add that. The saw is on wheels by necessity as it must be stored in one area and used in another. so that means dragging power along with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by justbrowsingthrough View Post
    This thread is an asset to the internet and I'd like to thank Mactec54 for answering all these questions for so many years.

I'm at a loss and nowhere else to turn so hopefully it's not too much of an imposition to ask about setting up a Hyunyang 7.5kw GT series to operate a 5hp 3 phase table saw. The settings are pretty basic according to numerous vids on youtube, but I'd like to mount the vfd on a wall away from the saw for a number of reasons. Is it possible to do this and add an on/off switch at the saw? Is there a way using the green terminals to program a remote on/off switch?

If it isn't possible to locate the VFD remotely it seems wise to protect it from dust which in my mind means enclosing it and adding a fan and filters to remove heat. That adds another layer since there is no 12vdc power or even 120vac to power the fan at the saw unless I add that. The saw is on wheels by necessity as it must be stored in one area and used in another. so that means dragging power along with it.
    So are you going to mount the VFD in a Metal box /cabinet on the saw or mount it some where else, seeing that you have to move it would be best is to mount it on the saw, there is a relay in the VFD Drive that can be used to switch on a Fan, there are many ways to do this, if remote is what you really want to do then it can be done with careful planning

If your saw motor is 50Hz /60Hz then most likely there won't be much to change for the Drive setup as by default VFD Drives are set for either a 50Hz or 60Hz motor depending in what country you live

Remote On / Off it easy to do

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

So are you going to mount the VFD in a Metal box /cabinet on the saw or mount it some where else, seeing that you have to move it would be best is to mount it on the saw, there is a relay in the VFD Drive that can be used to switch on a Fan, there are many ways to do this, if remote is what you really want to do then it can be done with careful planning

If your saw motor is 50Hz /60Hz then most likely there won't be much to change for the Drive setup as by default VFD Drives are set for either a 50Hz or 60Hz motor depending in what country you live

Remote On / Off it easy to do
    I want to mount the VFD on a wall in a location it would not need the enclosure and I have 25' of heavy jacketed cabling to reach the saw. The motor is indeed 50/60hz and setup is pretty basic. There is a wealth of information online as to the settings for this application but I can't find any information about setting up the remote on/off.

I'm glad to hear remote on/off is easy to do. How do I go about finding the information to set that up? I'd like to use something like a Woodstock D4151 which is just a basic switch but has a large paddle for emergency stop. When the switch is closed the vfd starts when its open it stops. I've read the manual and the answer seems close I just am not getting it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, is it correct ?

SPINDLE
    Power: 2.2 KW
    Voltage: 220V~250V
    Frequency: 400 Hz
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002265161177.html

Huanyang 2,2kW input 1 phase 230V
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock
    PD001=1
    PD002=1
    PD003=400
    PD004=400
    PD005=400
    PD007=20
    PD008=220
    PD009=15
    PD010=8
    PD011=120 (Minimum Setting 120)
    PD014 Accel=10
    PD015 Deccl=10
    PD070=0
    PD072=400
    PD073=120
    PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )
    PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps)
    PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)............................................ .?!?!?
    PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

Because i measure VDF output there is between ground and phase 350V .......and between phase and phase 0V ?!? Is correct ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, is it correct ?

SPINDLE
    Power: 2.2 KW
    Voltage: 220V~250V
    Frequency: 400 Hz
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002265161177.html

Huanyang 2,2kW input 1 phase 230V
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock
    PD001=1
    PD002=1
    PD003=400
    PD004=400
    PD005=400
    PD007=20
    PD008=220
    PD009=15
    PD010=8
    PD011=120 (Minimum Setting 120)
    PD014 Accel=10
    PD015 Deccl=10
    PD070=0
    PD072=400
    PD073=120
    PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage )
    PD142=9 ( Motor Max Amps)
    PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)............................................ .?!?!?
    PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

Because i measure VDF output there is between ground and phase 350V .......and between phase and phase 0V ?!? Is correct ?
    They are the correct basic settings for that spindle, number of Poles =2

You can not use a regular meter to measure the VFD Drive output voltage, unless it has a low pass filter built in, you can cause damage also if you short it out, a regular meter will also give you a false reading

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I am starting to be crazy..

I tryed all the day ..
    a) try to manual start on VDF ... not help
    - made pictures 6699,6701,6702 , that no output

b) changed to older VDF MK100 , ... spindle runing
    https://storage.ua.prom.st/1383685_i...atelya_eng.pdf
    - pictures 6703,6704
    - but there is no posibility to engage control from Messa 7i76e to this VDF.

c) changed cabel to spindle not help

Looks like VDF is KO (i had one electric shock by mountnig,not to me only circuit breaker ) ...... any chance to check if is ko or not ? (but it "looks well" )

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_6699-jpg   Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_6701-jpg   Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_6702-jpg   Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_6703-jpg  

Huanyang Chinese VFD settings and manual here!-img_6704-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I am starting to be crazy..

I tryed all the day ..
    a) try to manual start on VDF ... not help
    - made pictures 6699,6701,6702 , that no output

b) changed to older VDF MK100 , ... spindle runing
    https://storage.ua.prom.st/1383685_i...atelya_eng.pdf
    - pictures 6703,6704
    - but there is no posibility to engage control from Messa 7i76e to this VDF.

c) changed cabel to spindle not help

Looks like VDF is KO (i had one electric shock by mountnig,not to me only circuit breaker ) ...... any chance to check if is ko or not ? (but it "looks well" )
    To start in manual mode

PD001=0

PD002=0

Why would the other VFD Drive not connect to the Messa Both VFD Drives have the same output to control the speed and On / off

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Manual mode - i did it PD001=0 PD002=0 .............. but not run. But VDF not looks damaged..

Old VDF MK100
    - you try to hlep me 6 months ago.. when i start.. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...ml#post2424974
    - but i was not sure with the setting of paremeters , and with my poor settings skill it works only manualy
    - i decide to buy VDF HY , because there was many informations how to setup it Dont want to bother you . Decide to use MK100 for some next project..

Do you think that I could ask you for help with setting the VDF MK100 parameter ? To not burn next spindle ...
    Probably i will have to try again use MK100 , because i dont know if HY is ko or not..

Downloads
    Uploads

Manual mode - i did it PD001=0 PD002=0 .............. but not run. But VDF not looks damaged..

Old VDF MK100
    - you try to hlep me 6 months ago.. when i start.. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/spind...ml#post2424974
    - but i was not sure with the setting of paremeters , and with my poor settings skill it works only manualy
    - i decide to buy VDF HY , because there was many informations how to setup it Dont want to bother you . Decide to use MK100 for some next project..

Do you think that I could ask you for help with setting the VDF MK100 parameter ? To not burn next spindle ...
    Probably i will have to try again use MK100 , because i dont know if HY is ko or not..
    Make the seller replace the VFD if it is not working, did you connect your supply power connect to the R and T terminals and Ground to the Ground connection

Can you do a photo of the input power connection

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

Im in work...Input R(phase) , T (null) , ground .... output U,V,W, ground (spindle which burned works on this a few min... 2 months ago)
    I buyed this from Aliexpress , no reclamation possible.

Probably, i will have to change to VDF MK100 ... but if i remember i think i had problem to controled by messa card..

Downloads
    Uploads

VDF HY was down, i ordered newone and everything working well, thank for support to all.

Hi All, I'm really struggling with my new spindle. I had a 1.5kW spindle running fine but wanted to be able to use 1/2" mills so I upgraded to a 2.2kW ER20 spindle with the Huanyang VFD. Model Hy02D211B AC110 50Hz/60Hz+/-5Hz (that makes no sense to me, is it 50Hz or 60Hz?)
    The spindle is 2.2kW 110v 8.5A 400 Hz
    Can someone please tell me what to enter in the VFD? I've looked through almost all of this thread and can't make sense of much of it, I also didn't see any settings for 110v.
    Thanks much! Paul

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2835363738394041 LastLast