CNC newbie: Tool Offset question.

Thread: CNC newbie: Tool Offset question.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question CNC newbie: Tool Offset question.

Good Morning!

I have been writing simple CNC programs on a Fagor 8025T for a lathe. I'm getting good product but I have a gap in my education: I'm not sure I understand Tool Offsets.

My understanding is: I touch each tool off on a sample part in X and Z using the procedure outlined in the manual. (Done)

In watching videos on Youtube, It seems as if I need to touch a master tool to the face of each example part for each program so that the program knows where Part-Zero is. (I haven't found this procedure yet)

The CNC now knows where the tip of each tool is in relation to Part-Zero for each program. The idea is I don't have to re-touch ALL tools for each program. Correct?

If my guess IS right, where to I load this Part-Zero in each program?

Regards to you all!

Glenn

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC newbie: Tool Offset question.

i take it your machine has no tool arm (touchsetter) to set tools with?
    the video showing no.1 tool as your main tool, then all other tools are the difference in Z and X from tool#2,3,4 ect are to the no.1 tool.
    The idea being once that is done, you only have to touch tool #1 to the face of the part. all others know where they are from tool #1.
    I hope this makes sense. you do not have to have a "master tool". i ran a mazak for years and never did.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC newbie: Tool Offset question.

Where is Machine Home Postion at?
    Any Pictures of your Machine Setup?
    Is this your Control...want Ver # http://www.fagorautomation.com/downl...8025t_user.pdf

One note to using TO's on Lathe's is try to use negitive(-) numbers XZ for Offsets. just for safety, because if someone changes a TO and forgets the minus sign......no crash..just hits Limit Switch

Last edited by machinehop5; 04-22-2019 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added link