New Orleans New Member 6040z 4 axis CNC Router Project and set up Thread

Thread: New Orleans New Member 6040z 4 axis CNC Router Project and set up Thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Orleans New Member 6040z 4 axis CNC Router Project and set up Thread

Morning Everyone:

Starting a new venture and purchased a China CNC 6040z machine. I will post pics shortly.

What is a good place to purchase bits?

Should I upgrade to Nema Stepper Motors? is so what model or what should i look for.

I want either to use a vacuum or air system need suggestions PLEASE

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Orleans New Member 6040z 4 axis CNC Router Project and set up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zenkustumz View Post
    Morning Everyone:

Starting a new venture and purchased a China CNC 6040z machine. I will post pics shortly.

[What's the venture? Are you planning to make something with this machine that you can sell?]

What is a good place to purchase bits?

[There are lots of places that sell them; your choices will depend on what you want to cut and how much you want to spend. You can look through the links on my site, under "tooling and Fixturing", to get ideas. ]

Should I upgrade to Nema Stepper Motors? is so what model or what should i look for.

[NEMA isn't a brand, it's a size designation, standardized by the National Electrical Manufacturer's Association: About the National Electrical Manufacturers Association - NEMA If the motors on your machine are working to your satisfaction, there's no need to replace them. If not, then the problem might be the fault of the motors, or it could be something else.]

I want either to use a vacuum or air system need suggestions PLEASE
    [What did you want to use them for? Vacuum can be used for dust collection or holding parts down (or both). Air systems are used for powering spindles, for automatic tool changers, and for clamping. What did you have in mind?]

Andrew Werby
    computersculpture.com

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Orleans New Member 6040z 4 axis CNC Router Project and set up Thread

i apologize, air for blowing debris from work area and vacuum for the same application. i plan on cutting allot of carbon fiber sheet so vacuum bed might be an idea but worried about cutting into it but i may be wrong.

thank you in advance

John