Information on CNC for composite shutters

Thread: Information on CNC for composite shutters

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Information on CNC for composite shutters

Hi guys,

Relatively new to the CNC world. We are an exteriors company in SC; we have decided to take the leap into manufacturing our own composite shutters. Just looking for recommendations on routers that you may suggest for this application. I have been looking into some Chinese models; however, i know we will not have much, if any, support.

Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Information on CNC for composite shutters

Hi, I'm relatively new to CNC as well, but my limited experience tells me to use the highest quality vs the desired output you can get. I use a DeWalt router that is over 2 hp. I've seen spindles that are water cooled in lots of applications. I figure if the machine is running continually, you'll want a spindle that is cooled with more than the internal fan like a router would have. Lots of heat is generated in machining, even in the small projects I do. You'll get a good return on the investment when you're not stalled from overheating.

Downloads
    Uploads

First thing is to define the parts to cut, estimate time to cut. and load unload, projected quantities, (going to run 24/7?) and on on on with factors to determine the machine before you over or under buy that machine. If you are new, seek experienced serious advice, not the machinery sales staff. .Are you competitors running CNC ? others near you ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi If only composite cutting, it is enough to buy a 3 axis wood router with stepper motor and 2.2KW spindle. If blister forming, you may also need a 5 axis cnc router for composite trimming

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Roncky View Post
    Hi If only composite cutting, it is enough to buy a 3 axis wood router with stepper motor and 2.2KW spindle. If blister forming, you may also need a 5 axis cnc router for composite trimming
    we purchased a Shopbot 5x10 dual router. Have 3 phase run and all is online and installed properly w latest drivers uploaded and all input/output parameters correct.

Issue zeroing axis’ out to attempt cutting. No fault triggers and all troubleshooting protocols covered and bypassed. Considering paying them to send a factory rep to our facility at substantial expense to facilitate.

Any advice before shelling $2650 for an unknown?

Thank you all in advance. Sorry for the lapse in thread guys.

Best,

Patrick