Any Tormach Users in South Africa?

Thread: Any Tormach Users in South Africa?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any Tormach Users in South Africa?

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post on this forum.
    I'm quite excited about cnc' machines and I've been following threads for the last two years trying to make up my mind as to what I would like to buy or build interms of cnc machines and what I want to do with them.

I've come to the conclussion that the Tormach PCNC 1100 mill is exaclty what I am looking for.

I would like to know if there are any other users of these Tormach machines here in South Africa?
    I would also like to know if you do own a machine if you are happy with it's performance, and if ordering of spares and also supports would be a problem should I be interested in importing a machine.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any Tormach Users in South Africa?

Hi!
    There are a few guys here in good old R S of A that are using the Tormach.
    I was very keen myself to get one.
    There is one main issue that made me decide against getting one.
    They dont have an agent here and that is a huge problem.
    The cost of getting one here is easily going to match the cost of the machine itself.
    If it gets here and there is a problem you will have to again fork out the cash to send it back to be replaced or sorted out under their warranty!
    Parts backup from Tormach is very good but you have to pay the freight costs.
    It is a huge pity that they dont have an agent here...
    Anyway keep checking back as I am about to build a machine that matches the Tormach in size and once prototyping is complete I will be selling them in various sizes.
    Enjoy!
    Wayne

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any Tormach Users in South Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by 123synergy View Post
    Hi!
    There are a few guys here in good old R S of A that are using the Tormach.
    I was very keen myself to get one.
    There is one main issue that made me decide against getting one.
    They dont have an agent here and that is a huge problem.
    The cost of getting one here is easily going to match the cost of the machine itself.
    If it gets here and there is a problem you will have to again fork out the cash to send it back to be replaced or sorted out under their warranty!
    Parts backup from Tormach is very good but you have to pay the freight costs.
    It is a huge pity that they dont have an agent here...
    Anyway keep checking back as I am about to build a machine that matches the Tormach in size and once prototyping is complete I will be selling them in various sizes.
    Enjoy!
    Wayne
    Hi Wayne
    I am also in the process of converting a milling machine to cnc so it has about the same capability as a tormach 1100, though just for personal use. Can i ask if you have made any progress with your project, as well as what mills you convert and if you plan to offer things like toolchangers for them. Unfortunately i can do a lot to make a local mill into a tormach, but not add a toolchanger, which i would really like as it would speed things up hugely....
    Charles