Drawing Help

Thread: Drawing Help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Drawing Help

I need help drawing these Hmmwv doors. The front door is approx 40.5 inches tall and 32.06 inches wide, the problem I have is the bottom 23 inches are flat as a board but when you get to the window it remains perfectly flat but the rest of the door angles back. I dont know how to draw that in solid works 2014. Any advise ?

I do have a 150 watt laser if some one wants to trade laser cutting for drawings of these doors so I can make a mold that would be great !

Doug

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drawing Help-1993-general-humvee-m998-hummer-h1-military  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Drawing Help

Think of the door as two parts. The first part is the door panel with the second being the window frame. I would start by doing a sketch of the doors (bend) side view. That will give you the general shape of the door. Then sketch and extrude the window shape and do a sketch/cut to open the door window cuttout. From there it should be fairly straightforward adding the small hinge/handle details and X rib.

Try and think about how they made the door. From the looks of it the door was a piece of sheetmetal that was bent to shape and then had the window frame welded or riveted in? You could use the Solidworks sheetmetal tools to model it exactly like that as well, but those are a little more advanced.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Drawing Help

I can draw it for you if you want and post it here for you to download, I just need the exact measurements, I remember in the past years I even draw my own hummer design because im in the process of making custom bumpers for offroad use, Stainless steel material then CNC plasma cut everything then weld it back with a tig weld.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drawing Help-12244339_10205163446505340_3564646998614190161_o-jpg