Looking For Help To Unscrew Something I Screwed Up

Thread: Looking For Help To Unscrew Something I Screwed Up

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking For Help To Unscrew Something I Screwed Up

Greetings everyone, I'm a SolidWorks self-taught goober.

In tweaking a CAD drawing I had previously drawn up. I cut and pasted a line drawing from that previously drawn project onto a new palate. I did it this way so that I didn't have to go through the hassle of drawing all the complex angles over again from scratch.

The cut and paste seemed to work well enough but, the problem I have is that the line drawing that I pasted onto my new palate ended up in the upper right hand corner of the SolidWorks window/palate.

Being a SolidWorks novice, I didn't think much about it at the time. I just kept working until I finished the drawing. Only after I'd finished did I realize that my -generally- rectangular drawing was not aligned with the X,Y,Z Axis'. It had dropped in or pasted itself in at a screwy angle.

My question is; is there a way to bring my finished CAD drawing into alignment with the X,Y,Z arrows that are present on the SolidWorks screen or palate. I keep referring to the "Screen, Window" or "Palate" because I'm not even sure what the technical name should be. Some call it the desktop.

Is it possible to align my rectangular drawing after-the-fact or do I have to start over from scratch?

MetalShaving

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking For Help To Unscrew Something I Screwed Up

Its definitely can be done but its kind of hard to explain without seeing what you have. Use the "modify sketch" routine to move and rotate to where you want. There are other ways also if that doesn't get what you want. Can you post the drawing? I am assuming it is not created from a model.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking For Help To Unscrew Something I Screwed Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mike 1948 View Post
    Its definitely can be done but its kind of hard to explain without seeing what you have. Use the "modify sketch" routine to move and rotate to where you want. There are other ways also if that doesn't get what you want. Can you post the drawing? I am assuming it is not created from a model.

Mike
    Hi Mike:

I found the answer I was looking for on YouTube. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. You're the only one who did. I attribute this to my inability -with the written word- to clearly present the problem I was having. The video link I came across shows the exact problem I encountered and the fix for this problem.

MetalShavings

[/QUOTE]