Im working in a company that have 50 years of old drawing from tracing paper to autocad 2D and now solidedge. Most parts/components mainly still uses 2D draft for machining.

I have been using other CAD package prior to my current company. Now, Im using Solidedge ST4. In 3D designing its worked out really excellent. However, When I create 2D drawing from the 3D part and I starts to feel the pain of it. I truly appreciate any help can be given.

Here are my issues with drafting:
1.in draft, I cant find datum/dowel/ream symbol to place on hole. Its a circle symbol with 1/4 solid hatch quadrant top left and bottom right.

We use this for machining and fabrication processes, usually its for interference fit of dowel pin to reamed hole during assemblies. This is use with the ISO 'Fits for basic hole system' tolerance f7 or H8 hole.

2.in draft, multiple quantity hole call out does not work? I need to count one by one. (i saw on this forum you need to use variable for that?)

3.in draft, through hole did not have any words when call out (only finite extend shows its depth) therefore need to type 'thru hole'

4.dimension in draft does not snap, need to use 'line up text' to align one by one

5.in draft, need to press 'update view' each time after i edit the 3D and the bounding box showed. Any automated update?

I tried to search but still have no clue about it, it would be great if anyone can help.