Five axis simultaneous milling

Thread: Five axis simultaneous milling

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Five axis simultaneous milling

Hi, I would like to know how to compensate for a fixture in a five axis milling program. I've got a 5 axis trunion table in a Haas VF2 mill, there is a vice in the machine which moves the part out of the centers of rotation (A axis tilt and B axis rotary table), I would like to know how to compensate in a Solidcam to make the milling parts 5 axis sim milling, because the part is, for example, moved, 30mm left of the center of the rotary B axis (rotates 360 degrees around Z axis) and about 40mm above A axis' center of rotation? In a Solidcam program I have to compensate for that translation from centers of rotation of axes, but I dont know how. I'm using gmill haas5x eval postprocessor.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

This would be compensated via machine dynamic offsets.
    Look at this

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Five axis simultaneous milling

In your machine setup you can tell SolidCAM where your MAC sits relative to the machine zero. The XYZ in the machine setup is to input the incremental distance of the MAC from machine zero. This will be used like the pivot point and allows for offset coordinate systems. You can also set your fixture there as well. I hope this answers your question.