Solidcam Error - Can't uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder

Thread: Solidcam Error - Can't uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Solidcam Error - Can't uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder

Solidcam Error - Cant uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder

I save all my SolidCAM parts internally as we are i prototype phase and constantly making small changes to our parts.

This week, SolidCAM simply stopped opening our CAM parts.

Solidworks 2017 SP2 4.1
    Solidcam 2016 SP2 HF1

Help !!!

I fear i have lost years of work.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Solidcam Error - Can't uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder-solidcam-error-cant-uncompress-cam-part-check   Solidcam Error - Can't uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder-solidworks-solidcam-version-sp2-hf1-png   Solidcam Error - Can't uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder-solidworks-version-solidworks-2017-x64-sp4-1-a  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Solidcam Error - Can't uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder

Hello scottbryce,

I highly recommend you call your local support. One possibly bad cam project will not break or mess with any other cam projects. So you don't have to worry about your other projects. You can start by trying a reinstall over your existing install to see if a file has been corrupted. It will prompt you to repair your previous setup. The other thing I would try is to clean out your temporary folder. to do this, first locate your temporary folder by opening your CAM SETTINGS > CAM-PART > CAM-PARTS TEMPORARY FOLDER. Note where it is pointing. Go to that folder and create a new folder and place all the contents of the CAM-PART temporary folder into the new folder you created. Now try opening a cam project a different cam project to see if it opens.

Highest Regards,
    Darrin - SolidCAM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Solidcam Error - Can't uncompress CAM-part. Check SolidCAM temporary folder

Try this.

Darrin - SolidCAM

Downloads
    Uploads

All sorted, it seems the hard drive that the temp folder was in was getting a bit "full" moved the temp location to a new drive and solidcam works great now.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good to hear!