turning (not turn-mill) a gear blank

Thread: turning (not turn-mill) a gear blank

Downloads
    Uploads

Default turning (not turn-mill) a gear blank

Hello,
    My part file is a gear blank which i imported from a different software. I would like to turn the gear blank using solidcam 2017. The problem is with the postprocessors for mill-turn, generating lines like G03 X Y L2 . My lathe controlller (GSK CNC) does not understand these L's . I would probably find a suitable postprocessor in the turning list of machines in solidcam, but i can only select turn-mill processors like OKUMALL, DMU80, INTEGREX200. How do i proceed to turn this gear blank? My toolpath has a facing and a profiling operation. Here is a screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/IKWjzbm.png

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turning (not turn-mill) a gear blank-screen-png  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: turning (not turn-mill) a gear blank

To avoid different issues using a post that isn't designed for your machine, I would highly suggest reaching out to you local SolidCAM reseller. Most of the time they have posts that they can give you that will run the machine without them be customized, which a lot of users prefer.

Darrin - SolidCAM

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: turning (not turn-mill) a gear blank

Quote Originally Posted by Mikay19 View Post
    To avoid different issues using a post that isn't designed for your machine, I would highly suggest reaching out to you local SolidCAM reseller. Most of the time they have posts that they can give you that will run the machine without them be customized, which a lot of users prefer.

Darrin - SolidCAM
    I have gotten the FANUC 2013 turning post and things are better now.