How to properly setup a lathe in SolidCam?

Thread: How to properly setup a lathe in SolidCam?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to properly setup a lathe in SolidCam?

I've been using SolidCam for some years for milling but I'm very new on the turning worls.

My lathe is a retrofitted standard lathe. It has a front tool post and spindle turns only in CW direction.

I found a Mach3 post processor (I'm using Mach4 tho). That's all I have. When I for example create a turning operation and select faces to cut, then I select a cutting tool but SolidCam by default thinks the machine has a turret and the turret is on the back side. Also it thinks the spindle then rotates in CCW. It is a pain to create a very simple operation.

So, how can I properly setup my lathe in SolidCam? Do I need a .machine file? If yes, I am unable to find one like my machine. Do I need to create mine? If yes, I have no idea how.

Thanks in advance.
    Suat