Need Help! Reference home, then machine just keeps on going...

Thread: Reference home, then machine just keeps on going...

Unhappy Reference home, then machine just keeps on going...

I have a new machine build and this is my first experience with the Ethernet SS.

Problem; When I hit the reference all one the home screen or go axis by axis in the diagnostics screen I have the same problem. The axis moves towards home until finding the limit switch (albeit, it crashes into it) and then backs off as it should.....and like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going, and going. Not sure how far, but after 12 inches or so on a 50 inch axis I'm pretty sure something was up. Both X (two steppers running twin ballscrews slaved as X and A) and the Y axis have the same issue. I haven't brought the
    Z and rotary axis online yet.

Been through the homing config, SS data monitoring, Can't figure this one out?

Mach 3 latest version recommended by Warp 9 under Win 7 ESS with C25 BOB.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance all!

Similar Threads:
    Is a sentance fragment?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Reference home, then machine just keeps on going...

The limit switches could have some problem, try to use new limit switches and see if the problem solved or not.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I use roller plunger snap action microswitches, and separate Home and Limit switches. With a three axis machine that is two Limit switches per axis and one Home
    switch per axis or nine switches in all. My machine never confuses Home and Limit switches.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    I use roller plunger snap action microswitches, and separate Home and Limit switches. With a three axis machine that is two Limit switches per axis and one Home
    switch per axis or nine switches in all. My machine never confuses Home and Limit switches.

Craig
    I'm using AB prox sensors wired through an optical iso relay board. led lights in the sensors light when they should as do the relays open and close when they should.

To be sure something wasn't right with any of that I took a simple pushbutton switch with two wires and put it in the terminals selected for homing the axis. I hit the ref button and the axis moves towards home. I hit the switch and it stops then slowly creeps away, and away

diagnostics menu shows the state of the switches to be correct and they come on and off when triggered.

I'm stumped!

Is a sentance fragment?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    then I suspect that as the switch deactivates as the axis backs away from the switch your BoB or controller is not signalling clearly to Mach.
    For instance you may require a pull up resistor which the BoB does not furnish, or maybe not enough.

Craig

I got it fixed. I think there was a mix up with the home switch on the slaved axis.

My first go with a machine with slaved axis and new to the ESS.

Thanks everybody!

Is a sentance fragment?