Proximity switch Mach 3 Ess Smooth stepper

Thread: Proximity switch Mach 3 Ess Smooth stepper

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Proximity switch Mach 3 Ess Smooth stepper

I just replaced mechanical touch switches with Proximity switches and when triggered the led at the switch lights up but the diagnostic page in Mach does not trigger. 5v 12mm switch 4mm activation distance 300 mA Voltage on signal wire is 4.75V at rest and 2.5v triggered. I am thinking the differential is not far enough apart , especially on the low end. This morning I read about an ESS data Monitoring screen. Where would i find this and is it a fix to show the signal.? Please help , I am manually homing the machine and running without switches and would prefer otherwise. Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Proximity switch Mach 3 Ess Smooth stepper

What kind of a breakout board are you using? Does it have pull-up resistors on the inputs? If so, what is the resistor value and the rail voltage?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Cheska View Post
    I just replaced mechanical touch switches with Proximity switches and when triggered the led at the switch lights up but the diagnostic page in Mach does not trigger. 5v 12mm switch 4mm activation distance 300 mA Voltage on signal wire is 4.75V at rest and 2.5v triggered. I am thinking the differential is not far enough apart , especially on the low end. This morning I read about an ESS data Monitoring screen. Where would i find this and is it a fix to show the signal.? Please help , I am manually homing the machine and running without switches and would prefer otherwise. Thanks in advance
    Ess data monitoring screen is in the mach 3 drop down menu under the plug in control drop down menu. It's not a fix to show the signal it will just show if the system is reading it or not you need to check your wiring 9 times out of 10 it is a wiring issue. I would agree with your guess as the low should be 0 or close to it..... 2.5 volts is alot in the means of sensors I would start by checking the wiring and connections

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Cheska View Post
    Aren't those 3 wire proximity type sensors generally rated from 6v to 36v?.
    4.75v supply may be way too low for them to activate the trigger inside.

Other than that, you are using the correct type on your input board yes?. NPN / PNP etc.

Do you have a link to the ones you have?. And the breakout board you have attached between the sensors and the ESS?.