820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell ?

Thread: 820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell ?

I've acquired a Beaver TC20 lathe with an 820T controller. The battery on the little RAM card had burst spilling corrosive fluid everywhere, destroying the Interface PCB and the little RAM card that the battery lives on.

I've sourced replacements which haven't yet arrived, so I can't get the controller up and running to check things.

The seller thought that it was a green screen (was his fathers who died five years ago) but in fact opening up the monitor it's input card is marked H V R G B, also the control has the extra static ram card that I understand is only fitted to ones with colour screens.

The lathe is 1989 but has done only 583 hours !

The control is labelled:

SINUMERIK 820 T
    6FC3231-0AA-Z
    F-NR.: A 1750037

570 030 9041.

then on the mod record strip A is crossed as is 01

I know I'm going to struggle to get this back in the land of the living so any help would be appreciated. I should perhaps point out this is a hobby not a business - time is free

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell  ?-card-jpg   820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell  ?-card-b-jpg   820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell  ?-card-c-jpg   820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell  ?-card-d-jpg  

820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell  ?-card-e-jpg   820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell  ?-card-f-jpg   820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell  ?-square-holes-jpg  
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell ?

Well that WAS a deafening response chaps.

I've got the control up and running but not yet returned it to it's place in the lathe as I have a few bits to do to the mechanics first.

Meanwhile hopefully the attached file will help any others who stumble across this thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 820T. GA1 or GA2 or GA3, how do I tell  ?-810_820-reload-pdf  
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK