Siemens 840C on a '96 Hyundai HiT 30S.........Where do you even begin!? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Siemens 840C on a '96 Hyundai HiT 30S.........Where do you even begin!?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Siemens 840C on a '96 Hyundai HiT 30S.........Where do you even begin!?

Yeap I've found the D-Pro Software, it should be attached as a Rar file(It won't let me, so if you want it PM me or somehow give me an email address so I can send it to you). If you've got an earlier 15S/18S etc then you'll need the Dpro-TC software for an 840C controller, the Dpro-TD software is for the later lathes than run an 840D control & the Dpro-TM is for those lathes with live tooling/milling capability. I haven't got a post processor for any cam software as I've never really needed it, though it shouldn't be hard to write one. If needed I can post up a sample MPF program which you should be able to load

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Siemens 840C on a '96 Hyundai HiT 30S.........Where do you even begin!?

Quote Originally Posted by atmosports View Post
    Yeap I've found the D-Pro Software, it should be attached as a Rar file(It won't let me, so if you want it PM me or somehow give me an email address so I can send it to you). If you've got an earlier 15S/18S etc then you'll need the Dpro-TC software
    You've got PM's blocked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wanted to let everyone know, we got the pc to link, got a file in, i tried it and it works lol, i have a post processor for fusion 360 hsm that does work, it took a little bit to figure it all out but shes up and running.

Downloads
    Uploads

If/when I get some time I'll try again to post the D-pro software here or somewhere so that people can grab a copy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds good or email me lawsonwelding at gmail dot com, Have you ever had a problem with the spindle knocking at slow rpms, like maybe the encoder is slipping, perhaps the belt needs something, over 500 its smooth as a whistle, under it starts making noise.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't say we've ever had a spindle knock at low rpm, we did have a problem where one of them wouldn't run faster than about 500rpm which from memory was one of motor contactors or something like that in the back of the cabinet. The only real issues we've ever had have been tailstock proximity sensors & then the displays failing or power supplies to the displays failing. Except for our 15s which started to eat 9V batteries, it seems there is a fault on one of the cards but Siemens can't tell us which one & want us to keep buying new ones until we find which one it is, I've just wired in a 9V power supply which keep the memory going unless the power goes out, which happens about once a year

Downloads
    Uploads

Tried attaching the software here again, won't work, tried emailing it but also doesn't seem to work for most people. So try this instead DPRO_ENG

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am having a problem with the 840c external threading cycle, when i input a negative value into R24 the controller stops at the start point and will not run the program, if i input a positive value it runs the program but rapids back into the part. I have tried everything i can think of any help would be appreciated, here is a copy of some code, i have changed z values and distances from what i am trying to do just to dumb it down for myself.

M05
    (LATHE THREAD)
    T1 D1
    G54
    G95 S500 M03
    G00 Z.25 X2.146
    G0 @100 K99
    ( Thread cutting external )
    ( R20 = Thread pitch R21 = Start X )
    ( R22 = Start Z R23 = Idle passes )
    ( R24 = Thread depth R25 = Finish allowance )
    ( R26 = Run in R27 = Run out )
    ( R28 = Rough cuts R29 = Infeed angle )
    ( R31 = End X R32 = End Z )
    N99 R20=0.05 R21=1.7459 R22=0.0 R23=3 R24=-0.05 R25=0.0001
    R26=.250 R27=0. R28=1 R29=0 R31=1.7459 R32=-1.0 L97 P1
    G0 X5. Z1.25
    Z5.0
    M05
    (LATHE DRILL)

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't usually program like that for threading, I normally just use a G33. R24 is a positive value for external thread & negative for internal threads.

R21,R22,R31,R32 are all absolute values. R24,R25,R26,R27 should be incremental values. Comparing your code to what is in the Hyundai book it all looks about right apart from R24 should be positive for an external thread, but if I program it on the machine the code is identical to what you've got with the negative value for R24. It should retract approx. 1.0mm or 40thou from the thread, have you got R21/R31 set to the nominal OD of the thread??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My book says negative for external and positive for internal, i played with this for three days before i found a setting called thread smoothing somewhere in the controller, it was set at zero i put a 1 in it and now it works i literally just figured it out a hour ago.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    I need procedure to changing language in my Hyundai hit 8s control Sinumerik 840C

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you very much for posting the tool types!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ,

Im in Ireland. We have a Hyundai Hit20 lathe with a Siemens 840 control. we want to reduce the speed on the retract on the Z axis but we dont know how to do this on the controls.
    Cheers, DC

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awscwi11 View Post
    I wanted to let everyone know, we got the pc to link, got a file in, i tried it and it works lol, i have a post processor for fusion 360 hsm that does work, it took a little bit to figure it all out but shes up and running.
    Any chance I can get a copy of the Fusion 360 post? I just got a '95 HIT 8S.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awscwi11 View Post
    Hello

I am trying to get my HIT 18S to run with fusion. if you can send me the post file it will be a big help. Thanks, Gary

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123