Need Help! Sinumerik 805 red screen

Thread: Sinumerik 805 red screen

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sinumerik 805 red screen

Hi

We have a machine with a retrofit (Padovani, I think) Sinumerik 805 control. The boot up screen has turned red and it won't get any further than this. Any ideas please?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sinumerik 805 red screen

We made progress with this, not quite there yet but am posting it here in case it helps anyone else. Padovani is now owned by EMCO and they are kind enough to answer questions. Here we learned our machine is a mutt, Padovani never fitted this control to a VDF lathe. Cannot get any documentation so far, am still digging. Spare parts and documents for Padovani are much harder to find than spares for Sinumerik. A few things -

1) An email to Siemens got us all the documentation for the machine, including standard parameters. Hats off to Siemens, if anyone needs a copy feel free to ask here or just ask Siemens.

2) Put the machine into start up initialisation mode, a dial next to the PLC inputs behind the Power OK LED and the Fault LED needs to be set to '2'.

3) Machine starts with a green screen and hangs with Alarm 1, low battery. Lucky for us our machines takes AA batteries! Changed battery and restart machine. Get now Alarm 2 - Operator panel error. Now we are stuck here. The good news is that the machine data on this control is stored on an EPROM so we didn't lose anything. From what I could learn, most likely the RAM is corrupted due to the low battery and we just need to reinitialise the machine from it's back up. But we need to clear alarm 2 first (and hope no others pop up).

All buttons on main panel are causing reactions on the PLC input LEDs, only discrepancy is that our cycle stop button appears to be a normally open type, when our tech guy says they are usually normally closed. Starting the machine with the button held in to check this still gives the alarm so we suspect normally open is probably ok. The secondary panel on the saddle has a few buttons that do not cause a reaction, not sure what they do as the symbol is new to new, have mailed EMCO about this. I did notice that one LED was on and went off when the panel was disconnected. Suspected a jammed button, disconnected the wire and still got alarm 2 (because that would have been too easy!).

Found someone with same problem on an Italian language forum, from what I could gather from Google translate is that 9/10 it's a wiring problem. Given the machine was in storage and recently transported and we already came across loose wires, some corroded terminals and loose relays this is our next port of call. I hope that when we clear this alarm all we need to do is reload the parameters from the EPROM and we can get to work!

To be continued...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sinumerik 805 red screen

Hello. Did you ever figure out of the problem? We have a lathe with same controller and problem. "2 Keyboard error"
    The PLC halts on this error, and we cannot go any futher in the boot cycle. Keyboard and cabels is ok.