SIEMENS 840D! help!

Thread: SIEMENS 840D! help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Question SIEMENS 840D! help!

Recently while working on our 5-axis machine we have run into a problem with the tool changing. Essentially our tool carousel is down for repairs due to an operator having an accident.

I am not a professional when it comes to the Siemens Ctrl. For the time being we have essentially placed a bunch of fake tools in all of the magazine positions in an attempt to trick the controller. Normally if all the magazine positions have a assigned tool and no position is available to unload a tool, the machine will go to the side door opposite to the carousel so the tool can be manually unloaded.

While working on the machine yesterday I loaded a tool manually and when it came to a tool change instead of going to the door for a manual unload, the error shown in the picture provided was thrown up.

I have looked in a lot of the tool parameter settings and don't seem to be able to find an option to mark a tool as manual load/unload only. I have also looked in the actual tool table to see if there is anything that has to be ticked or changed in that log, but cant seem to find any options there either.

Currently when this error is thrown up the only way to remove the tool seems to be to go into the machine while in jog mode and remove the tool manually, this then means all the tools loaded into the spindle have to be manually loaded in the tool log on the controller as well.

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated!